Install

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Just wondered if there was a big install and if so how long it takes? Just was hoping to get on tomorrow, but with a big install plus the patch by the time I've finished work I'm probably going to struggle.

Cheers

Just wondered if there was a big install and if so how long it takes? Just was hoping to get on tomorrow, but with a big install plus the patch by the time I've finished work I'm probably going to struggle.

Cheers
A little over 12gb. My connection took about 15 minutes to download and install. I'm London based.

Cheers

Took me a little more than an hour on a 100mb up/down wired PS4. Total was around 55gb I believe. In New Jersey in USA and downloaded at midnight ET.

Isn’t it more like 60 gigs total???
Nope. I did it earlier
IMAG0817.jpg

Depends on whether you've got the digital version or the disc version. Digital is likely to be ~60GB :)

Depends on whether you've got the digital version or the disc version. Digital is likely to be ~60GB :)
They are both the same.

The PS4 full installs physical titles, they take up the exact same amount of HDD space as digital copies.

That's just the update, the game itself is on top of that.

So it looks like disc install is only about 12gb?
Nope, 12gb is the update, disc version still needs a full HDD install, which is the same size as the digital version.

But playable after a smaller download? Just trying to get a feel for how much time I have to waste while this thing loads. Disc arriving today.
Limited arcade only, and you will not be able to save any progress you make.

But playable after a smaller download? Just trying to get a feel for how much time I have to waste while this thing loads. Disc arriving today.

Correct. Disc install + 12GB download = 60GB

I've only got a 160GB SSD in there right now, and 100GB was only usable after OS install, but I only play GT so that's okay for now. We'll see what all the DLC does.

I see. Not worried about space. More concerned about time. Thanks for the info.
Had Amazon snafu, so disc is arriving today. Just worried I'm gonna have to wait hours for it to install. But if I don't have to download AND install, it shouldn't be too bad.

Correct. Disc install + 12GB download = 60GB

I've only got a 160GB SSD in there right now, and 100GB was only usable after OS install, but I only play GT so that's okay for now. We'll see what all the DLC does.
Add in another 9GB if you download the 'scapes pack.

Hello gtplanet, @All:
I haven't found a better thread for my problem:
Finally I'm new to PS4 and I'm using the disc version of GT Sport Ultimate Edition.
But: I just purchased the digital standard version of GT Sport (EUR 13,99) in the store and now I want to use this version instead of the disc (because of less noise) - now my PS4 tells me that I have to delete the disc version first before I can download the game -
1. What about my Gamesave?
2. What about my DLC from the Ultimate Edition (disc)?
3. Do I have to load the update files again?
I want to be sure what to do so I really need your help - it would be great to find some answers!
:gtpflag::bowdown::confused:

Back