Installing/Updating Rediculousness!

  • Thread starter Thread starter friedmud
  • 43 comments
  • 2,989 views
It kind of brings me back to the early 80´s and the Sinclair Spectrum ZX81, when loading a game was approximately 10-30 minutes. More often than not it would fail after 5-15 minutes. Rewind and try over again. After 1-2 hours you were up and running,
played for 15 minutes, and went to bed. Those were the days my friend...
 
MGR
The MGO update is even worse. It also crashes now an again, but you have to exit to the XMB and restart the game before you can try again. :yuck:

I downloaded the update through P2P without any problems. You shouldnt have any troubles with downloading it that way. Most of the people complaining about downloading the MGO update are trying to download it through HTTP which failed on me the first time. If P2P fails try disabling PNP and set it to restrict uploading. Its slower that way but it works. Its the way it should be done with the GT updates.
 
It kind of brings me back to the early 80´s and the Sinclair Spectrum ZX81, when loading a game was approximately 10-30 minutes.
Ahh yes, that was my first computer (1k memory, later upgraded to a wopping 16k). Those were the days indeed. :banghead:
 
I rember those computers. They were great. When those things were available you didnt see a lot of Whiney b****es complaining about small things like they do with GT5:P.
 
It kind of brings me back to the early 80´s and the Sinclair Spectrum ZX81, when loading a game was approximately 10-30 minutes. More often than not it would fail after 5-15 minutes. Rewind and try over again. After 1-2 hours you were up and running,
played for 15 minutes, and went to bed. Those were the days my friend...

LOL

Those were the days indeed.

I remember playing a scalextrics game on the Commodore 64. You could make your own track layouts and choose what cars you used.

After all the screeching, bleeping and the technicolor flickering bars whilst loading. :boggled:
 
LOL
*
Those were the days indeed.
*
I remember playing a scalextrics game on the Commodore 64. You could make your own track layouts and choose what cars you used.
*
After all the screeching, bleeping and the technicolor flickering bars whilst loading. :boggled:
*I´m your Turbo Loader (slight Judas Priest rip-off) ;)
 
I rember those computers. They were great. When those things were available you didnt see a lot of Whiney b****es complaining about small things like they do with GT5:P.

Meh kids today don't know there born. :)

Gt5P on a tape,:lol: You'd need a HGV to get it home.
 
:indiff: So, you mean to tell me.. that to use the PS3... i need to have Internet access? And updates too? And the games are loaded on the HD? And how many games can a 40 Gb HD hold, counting the "game saves" (approx.)? 👎 Once the games are loaded on the HD, do i still need to insert the game's disk? I can see where this is going!! :grumpy: No wonders it's called a Con-sole, it's all a Con-solidated busine$$ 👎 And of course, PS3 games will not be available for PC for years to come, if ever, right? Here's to you, Sony!! ** :cheers: **
 
And you had your arm twisted to go and buy a PS3 I suppose!.
 
I rember those computers. They were great. When those things were available you didnt see a lot of Whiney b****es complaining about small things like they do with GT5:P.

lol indeed, no pixel counting or frame rate freaks back in those days. Everybody enjoyed the new stuff.

Remembers me of that strange race game. It already had interior, one car and three stages, the last in the mountains. You could crash and then your windshield cracked, there was even traffic. Great game, was playing it on my dads 286 or something like that. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr IIIIII were the only sounds:dunce:
 
There are other threads for talking about old computer games.

Lets keep this one to installing/updating on the PS3.

Thanks
 
I had a really odd but similar situation yesterday. I had about an hour and a half to fit in some GT5P time, so I booted up the PS3. Had a system update. OK, ran that (30 mins). Then, for some reason, GT5P told me it had an update to apply. I've already got spec II, and I hadn't heard anyone else mention that there was an update (it would have been pretty big news, I feel). Anyway, I let it do its business (35 mins). By this time, I don't had about twenty minutes of spare time left. Do I get the wheel, peddles and table out? In the end, no. So:

a) I agree with the OP. The fact you have to install a game and then download and update it from the internet is a pain in the backside. However, the flipside is that game longevity is increased by game designers making available post-release fixes for problems you're having (that might have annoyed you enough to put the game down) and providing extra/improved content (like spec II and the rumoured collision damage). Personally, I'm happy to live with the occasional break in play if it means my actual gaming time is the best it can be.

2) Any idea why GT5P wanted to update itself again? I didn't have time to check too thoroughly, but I'm pretty sure I'm still on spec II.
 
There was a second update to the game on tuesday after the system update. I cant rember what the second update was but it was good. Would be nice to see a new update once every month or two. But I am asking too much there and I am kind of happy with I have. I just wish Nurburgring was added some time.
 
There was a second update to the game on tuesday after the system update. I cant rember what the second update was but it was good.

Ah. Wow. So it wasn't my PS3 going nuts. There was an update! Anyone got any information/links to what was updated? I hadn't heard anything or seen anything on the forums...

EDIT: Digging a bit deeper, looks like there was an update on the 15th April
 
Back