Insufficent free space error

• Thread starter Toms
  • 109 comments
try it this way maybe... put your savegame on a usb stick... delete it from your ps3 system... start all over with gt5 just to see if it will work this way....if so put the savegame back on youre ps3 and try it again..... thats the last idea that i have im not realy a computer technition

i just got off the phone with Sony again. they did say more and more are reporting this problem. for some its a problem sense the 1.06 update( i know that 1.06 was suppose to fix this for good). For others its new. all this depends on where your at in the game as far( as saved information goes). Yeah and the answer is...... no idea when it will be resolved. every time they think its fixed, it comes back. So .....yeah i dont know

EDIT: and yes i know this problem existed before 1.06

i just got off the phone with Sony again. they did say more and more are reporting this problem. for some its a problem sense the 1.06 update( i know that 1.06 was suppose to fix this for good). For others its new. all this depends on where your at in the game as far( as saved information goes). Yeah and the answer is...... no idea when it will be resolved. every time they think its fixed, it comes back. So .....yeah i dont know

keep your savegame with ya and start in the meantime over this way you can collect cars you did'nt had befor at least you got some to do in the meantime

keep your savegame with ya and start in the meantime over this way you can collect cars you did'nt had befor at least you got some to do in the meantime

lol yeah i know, i just remember the aggravation of trying to do good in the licenses, then special events, then losing all the endurance race time i put in, tuning, ugh i quickly back out of starting over lol

lol yeah i know, i just remember the aggravation of trying to do good in the licenses, then special events, then losing all the endurance race time i put in, tuning, ugh i quickly back out of starting over lol

dont do all events just so far that you can buy cars do some online events you'll make a milion in less than 10 minuts get some cars go online and drive till the prob is fixed i still got my 1st damaged data somehow i wanna keep believingg that 1 day i can fix the data so i can go on where i left

Was just attacked by this error today in the Course Maker. Tried saving a new course in the Eifel (Circuit) style, and after I typed a name and pressed OK, BAM; pop comes the error code (0x00000015 [333]). I grew very skeptical about this since I was "sponging" about a week ago, and it's the first time I used the Course Maker on my new PS3.

My PS3 began GT5 with GT5 v1.14 I think (well, the latest version BEFORE v2.00), so I installed the patches first and then started my game. I also have an alt account; I tried the same procedure to reproduce the error and BAM again; the same error code mocked me.

So I backed up my data to my USB flash drive and resorting to what most members said; I deleted the installed game data, disconnected from the Internet, and am now installing the game data on v1.00; I will post my results...

Still failed, but what's weird is that my online bonus was kept, so it may have something to do with the savedata (I hope not)...

Don't know what to do; still need that trophy from the Course Maker I never even got to yet... :nervous:

I did this in my brother PS3:

Deleted install data.

Installed game when offline
Did the updates
Restarted the PS3 offline and went into GT5
Put it online again...

It worked :)

I did this in my brother PS3:

Deleted install data.

Installed game when offline
Did the updates
Restarted the PS3 offline and went into GT5
Put it online again...

It worked :)

Tried your procedure; still doesn't work... :nervous:

It's not like I use the Course Maker, but yet I need that single trophy you get from using it, not to mention I just don't like having an incomplete game. I highly think that it has something to do with my "sponging" then again, it cannot be because the problem persists on not only my account...

Oh well. Hopefully PD can shine some light on this darkness... :guilty:

Tried your procedure; still doesn't work... :nervous:

It's not like I use the Course Maker, but yet I need that single trophy you get from using it, not to mention I just don't like having an incomplete game. I highly think that it has something to do with my "sponging" then again, it cannot be because the problem persists on not only my account...

Oh well. Hopefully PD can shine some light on this darkness... :guilty:

Im not sure how much of this thread you have read. but some of us have waited a long time. call Sony, because they need reports of this error. there are other forums talking about this issue aswell. Nothing will work unless you have a good backed up save data. The bad news, last time i talked to Sony,yesterday, they argued with me about everything. they would not listen when i said it was a problem with the game and save information files. So the more the merrier. My cousin was a level 40 in A and Bspec. the error hit him friday. He knew about my problem. and said no way, his GT is in the trash as we speak. Waiting for its new home at the waste dump. I told him to wait, because almost everyone will be effected eventually. Which wil be good for those of us that are down. I just hope that no one loses their accomplishments for good. to much time and energy is wasted

Just to update everyone on the situation, I have resolved the problem successfully...

How I did it:

• Backup your save data for GT5.
  • Backup ALL OF YOUR IMPORTANT SAVE DATA for OTHER GAMES besides GT5.
  • ENSURE all of your important stuff (music, videos, photos, anything that can be backed up) is backed up.
  • FORMAT your Playstation3 system

Adding to the format procedure, I only did a Quick Format, and it worked. Apparently, there was some corrupt system file that my Playstation3 failed to erase, so the format was successful. For some of you, you may have to shell out nine hours and do a Full Format (basing off of a 160GB).

It's long and hard to consider formatting your Playstation3, but I was fortunate to HAVE ONLY played GT5 on my new PS3 thus far. If you don't want to shell out paying for a new unit, or even a new copy of the game, this worked for me as an absolute last resort...

Hope to hear from others...

Last edited:
Since Spec 2.0 i have had issues with GT5 now!

First the V2.00 update would only install to 14% and then crash, i eventually fixed this by redownloading updates several times. Everything has worked well since then, been playing online a few times, was doing some Seasonal Events last night - but then i tried to download a Course from a PSN buddy and BAM same error. It hasn't come up any other time!?!

This sux.

I can live without downloading or even creating my own tracks, i just hope this error does not appear when going online to race fo do more seasonals.

Just got this same error, can anyone confirm if copying game data to a hard drive and then reninstalling from there will work as my game data is currently sitting at 9099MB and with my internet speeds thats likely to take the better part of a day to finish

for some, things work. its no guarantee. because nothing repaired mine. and most of the other guys it did not help. very few have success

i recieved the insufficent free space error today. i regret to say that all my data is lost. im a serious player if you view my profile i had 950 cars and had driven 45000 miles. i sending this message in hope it falls on the right eyes, ive played just bought everyday and i had no idea that something like this was possible and that it had been a problem for some time. i think things got really bad after my last update i was not able to exit from a online lobby. i would hve to turn system off and start all over. last night i think it was the last straw i was in my garage and i click to view my standard cars and the game froze i gave some time and when it didnt load i turned the game off. when i turn the game on it only ran to the point when it checks for internet connection and read the error message. the game froze again and i restarted the game when i did all of my game data was gone my netflix and hulu apps were find as well as my username and password. i hope that right person reads this and inform people on a large scale. I also want to thank the makers of gt5 its a wonderful game and i hope that i see you on the track.

ive completed quick and had started game over and the same problem occured the game got stuck after stars and strips seasonal event. quit game and stared over when i got to the internet connection page insufficent error came up. im bot sure on my next step.

thomasjknight
ive completed quick and had started game over and the same problem occured the game got stuck after stars and strips seasonal event. quit game and stared over when i got to the internet connection page insufficent error came up. im bot sure on my next step.

Your next step should be clearing up some space!

Toms
Hi all.

I'm posting this on behalf of someone that needs the help.

-------------------------------------

I've been looking around for a solution for this problem, but have not been able to find one.

I'm currently getting the error saying I have "insufficient free space on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0x0000000b [60]"

Now I have tried a few different things to try and fix this problem and still no luck. I'd been playing it the day before and it was ok until I finished one race and then it took a little while to exit out to the main screen. When I turned it on tonight I got the message saying it had detected an error in the GT5 install files [011]. It wanted me to delete the install files which I did and that didn't help of course. So I then went into the game menu and deleted the whole installation of GT5 (not my saved game), and tried running the game again. So far I can get into the game, but it won't let me do anything and keeps coming up wanting me to do the update to Ver. 1.03. I can't say no to this, and when ever I install it, it comes back with the original error...

HELP!!!! Please!! I can't figure out how to get this working!! I of course have plenty of space on the HDD (like 200GB) . The only thing I haven't done yet is delete my save game (but please don't tell me to do this!!)

Any suggestions!?

All you have to do to fix this is....

1. Back up your save data to a usb flash drive
2. Delete your save data off of your PS3. Delete both the main save data and the backup save data.
3. Start GT5 create a new game.
4. After game has been started exit GT5.
5. Delete save data once again off of the PS3
6. copy back up on the USB flash drive to the PS3.

Hi

I've played it tonight, and 1 hour I came back and play again, Suddenly I had been bitter end - "insufficient free space on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0x00000001 [222]" :smileysad: I can´t understand I have lost my data and my favorite game Gt5 and I am innocent of the - I have free space at least 32 MB, 'Strange :smileysad: :smileysad: And i has copy that USB gamedata and Backup. What i do now?

HELP!!!! Please!! I can't figure out how to get this working!!

Greeting PSN: rocj3137

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nirto

1. Backup your GT5 save data to a flash drive

2. Delete the save data and the back up file off of your PS3.

3. Then start GT5. The game should load fine.

4. After the game loads go setup GT life then save your game. Then exit GT5.

5. Delete the newly saved profile. And then load your save file from your flash drive to your PS3.

That should fix your problem. At least it did last I time I had that problem.

Latest Posts

Back