Intake Bypass; V2 installed

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 70 comments
  • 3,343 views
Just out of curiosity, how do you use your cars, Reventon? You've got the BMW, Civic, and TL...Lately all the attention has been given to the TL. What do you do with the other two?
I drive the BMW every so often, taking it for a nice drive out in some of the neighborhoods in the country, or to an important event. I don't trust these people anymore to take it on errands. The Civic gets a little love every so often. I had originally wanted to make it my track day car, but the TL is proving itself a worthy keeper. The Civic now usually ends up being driven like the BMW out in the country, though I push it harder than the BMW.

But, regardless of each car, I do drive nearly everyone every day. I love my cars to death.
 
Reventón;3276209
Got the intake installed today, and it is mean sounding piece of machinery. Definitely turned heads today flooring it. The boost that usually kicks in around high RPMs now kicks in around 2,000 and keeps going.

These cars are turbo'd?
I doubt an intake will do that that much with your engine.. It's all in your mind, but it's all good. I lost my muffler, it's way faster and more responsive. In my mind :)
 
No, but in the high RPMs, you can feel the car get an extra amount of boost from the engine. With the V2, you can feel more power being delivered in the mid range rather than the high.
 
If its not turbo'd its not generating any boost. maybe you're feeling a better delivery of the power you already have.
 
vtec_yo.jpg
 
If its not turbo'd its not generating any boost. maybe you're feeling a better delivery of the power you already have.
That's essentially what I meant....It gets a boost of power delivery in the low range rather than in the high.
 
Before and after videos? How much hp did you gain?
 
Yeah, before and after dynos I hope. And write-ups of how the intake copes after one week, one month and one year of use, atleast.
 
Reventón;3276223
I drive the BMW every so often, taking it for a nice drive out in some of the neighborhoods in the country, or to an important event. I don't trust these people anymore to take it on errands. The Civic gets a little love every so often. I had originally wanted to make it my track day car, but the TL is proving itself a worthy keeper. The Civic now usually ends up being driven like the BMW out in the country, though I push it harder than the BMW.

But, regardless of each car, I do drive nearly everyone every day. I love my cars to death.

Can I be you for a couple of days? You can keep your Si, though. I'll bring mine.
 
Before and after videos? How much hp did you gain?
Working on that already.
Yeah, before and after dynos I hope. And write-ups of how the intake copes after one week, one month and one year of use, atleast.
Stock, the TL makes around 250 to the wheels. I'll wait til' I get another modification or 2 before I pay $85 for 3 dyno runs just to tell me I gained around 5 extra horses.
 
The next mod is underway. Going for this little setup right here.
4831b101bc0c4_66482b.jpg

RV6 Performance Pre-Cat Delete plus J-Pipe & 3rd Cat Delete. Going to be around $600, but will give me a nice throaty sound.

Will be a while though before any kind of exhaust tips are decided upon, though. :ouch:
 
Back