InterContinental Motorsport - iRacing team

Norway
Norway
ErikAndre71
icm_logo_zps261dd086.png

InterContinental Motorsport, or more commonly known as ICMotorsport, is a Sim-Racing Team consisting of a bunch of friends that all enjoy the same thing, and that is motorsport.

ICMotorsport started back in October 2012 based around the Grand Am Series with the aim of competing in the endurance races that would eventually contain driver swaps. Although driver swaps are still in mind, the team has developed into a team that supports drivers over a variety of different series ranging from Grand Am to the Grand Prix Series, not to mention a variety of different Oval series'.

The team is designed to be very member friendly by being quite a relaxed ruled team. It allows drivers to get to know eachother better, have fun and help eachother with setups in order to improve performance. We do not force drivers to do a certain series, or be teamed up with somebody for every race, the aim is just to have fun while being competitive and learn new things in the process.

iRacing is fun alone, but it's great together with your friends or soon to become friends, therefor we decided to follow the same principle and not create many rules for the team. The only things we ask from members are that they are:

- Active (unless reason is given for long absence period)

- That they have basic English skills and a microphone so they are able to communicate with fellow team members on TeamSpeak.

- That they run our team paint schemes on their vehicles, without them being changed unless given permission by administrators.

- And finally the obvious one that is being polite not only to fellow team members but also fellow iRacing members.

The team does have some long time members that act like administrators and report/act upon any unacceptable behavior.

Also, being on TeamSpeak to communicate is mandatory. We don't want people with a selfish attitude that want to be in a team because being in a team is cool. We do not require you to stay on TeamSpeak 24/7 of course, but if you're online you should join it in order to communicate and receive team updates and news.

We also have a website that can be found at www.icmotorsport.com and showcases our cars paint schemes and keeps you up to date with the teams progression and achievements.

We hope to hear from you soon and indeed see you on the track!

Regards,

ICMotorsport Sim-Racing Team.

Note:
TeamSpeak is a free program and can be downloaded here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Server IP Address and Server Password will be supplied via Private Message when you join.

Last edited:
Are you going to have restrictions for liscense class, irating, a minimum number of official races, certain times to race as a team, things like that?

Looking very good Erik! Thank you for taking the first step towards creating a GTP team for the coming endurance racing!

I havent been iRacing very long, 6 weeks, I have a slow D in road and a neglected R in oval, but I would be interested, I'm improving regularly and endurance sounds like a really fun race type.

iRacing profile.

Hey.

That link only give me my own profile and it will show everyone who clicks it their profile. The profile in view will be controlled by the cookies on the computer you're sitting on.

Just give us your iRacing name and Garnett (SKIDMARX) will add you to our web page.

And welcome, I send you a PM with TeamSpeak information and we take it from there.

And to make one thing clear. We are a lot more than a team waiting for endurance racing to happen, we are online on TeamSpeak every day and help each other improve.

But yes, we will take part in it when it's released, but we aren't dead until it happens, lot's of teamwork already in the making, like friendship making and humor and of course teamwork like spotting when that is needed.

Well as you might understand we are a pretty new team, and we are hoping in the long run to have racers doing all kinds of racing. At this moment only Garnett is planning his oval career and he said he was planning to actually run the Indycar series both oval and road.

But you wont be able to join us today and take advantage of experienced oval racers, but you can help us form it and bring your experience with it to us. and who knows what the future bring.

Well as you might understand we are a pretty new team, and we are hoping in the long run to have racers doing all kinds of racing. At this moment only Garnett is planning his oval career and he said he was planning to actually run the Indycar series both oval and road.

But you wont be able to join us today and take advantage of experienced oval racers, but you can help us form it and bring your experience with it to us. and who knows what the future bring.

As of right now I would love to be a part but I pretty much only run oval side of Iracing outside of the one DP race I was in which I enjoyed.

And we would love to have our first dedicated oval racer, well I know Tyrgaus also do some oval racing, but I haven't really talked with him yet.

But feel free to recommend us to other oval racers as well and you might actually gain from being in a team. Because I have to admit I have no clue when it comes to oval racing.

But you are of course welcome to join no matter what your focus is on. As I said our main goal is to create a friendly environment and you just keep racing what you love. As long as it is iRacing ;)

ErikAndre71
And we would love to have our first dedicated oval racer, well I know Tyrgaus also do some oval racing, but I haven't really talked with him yet.

But feel free to recommend us to other oval racers as well and you might actually gain from being in a team. Because I have to admit I have no clue when it comes to oval racing.

But you are of course welcome to join no matter what your focus is on. As I said our main goal is to create a friendly environment and you just keep racing what you love. As long as it is iRacing ;)

I need to get a headset (I think I can use my xbox turtle beaches).. My name is Jeff Haft.

I'll be on tomorrow getting back into iracing (been awhile)

Hey Erik.

Just a little update, I may know where to find a dedicated oval racer. He races with me in the Truck Series and I don't think he is in a team but he only races oval so he could be our teams dedicated Oval Racer. I'll offer him a position.

And Wilbur what Oval Series do you run? I'm also hoping into the odd Class C and Class A races as well as IndyCar.

You guys can add me if you want, my name on there is William Lashmit. I tend to run the trucks mainly unless it's either a track I don't have or don't enjoy racing at so far. This week I have run more class B car as I love Charlotte but race any of the top 3 if it's an option.

My schedule is odd as I'm usually at work during the times most guys get to race (I work 7p-7a EST 3-4 days a week). I'm still trying to learn setups but still have no clue.

Awesome, I sent you all a message about TeamSpeak. If you encounter any problems with it, let me know asap, and I help you guys.

It actually start to loosen up and feel better, but I think I give a few more days so I don't trigger it to come back with the FFB of my T500.

But I'll be back soon :)

I did some practice today and was messing around with settings. I'll mess around with team speak next weekend (maybe sooner)

I've posted a message to you on the website guys. Hoping to join if you accept old guys :nervous:.

I haven't got Teamspeak, so any advice on that would be welcome.

Of course we accept people with life experience. Looking forward to hear from you.

Sent you the information you need to join TeamSpeak, and like I said earlier. Any problems and we are here to help so just let us know if you can't make it work.

Hey Everyone.

All of those that posted on GTPlanet or e-mailed me via the 'Contact Us' page on the website, I will add you to the website tomorrow (Wednesday) as I didn't find the time to do it today, and I'm the website administrator so unfortunately Erik couldn't do it.

Regards L(J) Garnett :)

I added the teamspeak info and set it all up, I will have to get used to it as I have no idea how it works in game or anything. You will have to bare with me as basically I am plug and play with Iracing and anything related, heck I barely have any buttons mapped as I use the mouse most of the time to switch except for talking.

No worries William, we help you out if you need it.

The program just stays in Windows and work behind the game itself, you can use voice activation so no need to have a push to talk button. But when using this you should adjust it so we don't hear you breath into our ears ;)
And if you use speakers instead of a headset in game you would need to have push to talk so the game sound itself doesn't activate you microphone.
But no worries, I help you when you get on and I'm there if you want me to.

ErikAndre71
No worries William, we help you out if you need it.

The program just stays in Windows and work behind the game itself, you can use voice activation so no need to have a push to talk button. But when using this you should adjust it so we don't hear you breath into our ears ;)
And if you use speakers instead of a headset in game you would need to have push to talk so the game sound itself doesn't activate you microphone.
But no worries, I help you when you get on and I'm there if you want me to.

Sounds good, I will be on tonight. I wasn't sure how that worked and was worried about randomly talking during a race to wrong people. I'm sure I will get it pretty easy.

During a race you could easily swap to another channel, the "chat" channel can be a bit noisy if you want to concentrate on your race. Also you can easily mute sound and microphone in TS, but we have separate race channels if you want anyone to spectate you and maybe spot for you. Then you have your own private channel and no one will disturb you with random chat ;)

And if anyone couldn't join TeamSpeak this morning.. I know, windows update rebooted the computer and I need to actually "log in" before TeamSpeak is started.

Up and running now by the way.

Back