InterContinental Motorsport - iRacing team

Information:

TeamSpeak/FTP server will go down on Monday 19th of August for a network upgrade. Topic in TeamSpeak have said Wednesday, but I have made it possible to move it up to the most boring day on iRacing.. (when everyone wait until the "week" change)

The upgrade might take some time as I will need some re wiring. So I actually have no idea when I will be finished. But I will not stop working on it until it's done.

I post here when it's back up again.

And the upgrade really isn't for the teamspeak server itself. But as it is my personal network and I'm what you can call a power user.. I always want the best ;)
So it goes from being a very good home network to a small business network.

Have a good weekend!

Erik

Last edited:
Server status:
online_icon1_zpsc4c2f73a.gif

Recently I was thinking about my future, as in few days I'll not be able to be online as I want to.
Also in the past days I wasn't online at all, and since the team is "based on presence" I'm thinking about leaving.

It wasn't an easy decision to make, because I shared a lot of good moments with you guys, enjoying every single minute spent on TS and/or racing with you all.

I was looking for a team to share opinions and setups, and I found a lot more.
You guys are awesome and I'll never forget the moments I spent on TS, but my limited free-time no longer permits this.

I wish the very best for the team, hoping that someday I'll have enough free time to come back and rejoing such an awesome group.

Recently I was thinking about my future, as in few days I'll not be able to be online as I want to.
Also in the past days I wasn't online at all, and since the team is "based on presence" I'm thinking about leaving.

It wasn't an easy decision to make, because I shared a lot of good moments with you guys, enjoying every single minute spent on TS and/or racing with you all.

I was looking for a team to share opinions and setups, and I found a lot more.
You guys are awesome and I'll never forget the moments I spent on TS, but my limited free-time no longer permits this.

I wish the very best for the team, hoping that someday I'll have enough free time to come back and rejoing such an awesome group.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Team talk report:

Well a few changes have been done with team. We decided that for now we stop recruiting until we settle down a bit.

Every member should decide on one or two series the team will support and when we figure that out, we will accept new drivers who drive in those series. That means we will not add members on random bases anymore, but it still will be the easiest team I know of to join.

To members who told us they couldn't be around is safe within the team for as long as it takes to get back to racing. Members ignoring our rule about being on teamspeak and not letting us know at all and drive season after season without visiting teamspeak will be removed.. There is no I in team.

And I'm really sorry for not being much around lately, but my fiancé had surgery and she can't do much. So I have to do a lot more, and as a cripple my self. That takes a lot of energy. Not a excuse, but a explanation.

I keep coming online on teamspeak and try to practice a bit, but like today I might just run away. Thanks for understanding.

I did some practice today as well. Just got a "poke" from LJ. He is such a tease! If you're going to poke a man at least give him a kiss.

Sorry I haven't been on all week haven't felt well all week, so I've had no energy to do anything. Could be on tonight tho, not for long because im out tomorrow.

You are not the only one Bradley, ghost town on TeamSpeak this week :P

But I did meet Martí this week, seems like a really nice guy.

And get well Brad, I so know how having absolutely no energy feels and I totally understand you.

See you when you feel like it man!

Lots have happened with this team lately and we now look for Grand Am drivers both in the Riley and the McLaren. So if anyone out there want to teach us how to race those cars. Feel free to ask to join, we have been looking for you!!

Of course, if you don't feel like you can teach us those cars, but want to join you are also welcome ;)

Other race series will need recruiting when I get the list from our existing members! Stay tuned if Grand Am isn't for you!

I decided to put a end to the team, I really like everyone of the members and I will miss you all. But I lost interest for the sim totally. I guess I will keep driving a few races, but lately I have had more pleasure when I'm away from the rig than when I'm sitting in it.

Any one of you are welcome to bring the team forward, but teamspeak/domain/ftp-server will be going down so you have to figure something out.

I hope I see some of you on the track in the future, because I will most likely be back later on. But being part of a team is not my thing anymore.

The fact that I started the team to make team building setups together flopped when all the guys joining liking to be part of a fixed race series on iRacing didn't help on this decision either.

Neither did the attempt to change things in the team, if anything it made it worse. Atleast the activity, but I don't blame it on this. It all comes down to my interest running this.

Erik A Nordby Out

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( Ill miss you guys I feel like I knew each and everyone of you and im gutted :( hope to still keep in contact with you guys but we can have like a ICM reunion sometime next month in a hosted session. Catch up on stuff. Again thank you Erik for setting up the team I made some great friends and made me enjoy iRacing even more.

Shame to see the team go down.

Although I left, I apologise for not being on the TS Server as often as I said I would, just work and college caught up to me and the only times I got on I had to scavenge help from the guys at Apex with setups etc.

Hope to talk to you all again soon. :)

LJ

Previous week i got disconnected from TS. Now, a week later, i come online and still can't connect. Stephen gave me a private message me for having a substitute for TS becaus the team is no more. I was a bit suprised becaus i didn't expected this so suddenly. Erik, I don't think it was your interest level for running a league or Iracing. I think you didn't find were u were looking for. I (maybe we all) couldn't give that what u were seeking for. + the fact we lost a few good members didn't help to keep going on, i guess.
Anyway good luck to u all. I will see u guys around.

Well that disconnect happened to everyone, including me. I was disconnected from everything as my ISP had a water leak in their main server room with several servers short circuited. It was back on later that night.

So it wasn't me that evening ;)

Sad to see the team go down, I was just about starting to get more active again on iracing (practice sessions atm) now that the majority of our baby preps are sorted and I was wondering why I couldn't login to the TS server.

Hopefully someone else with the time and patients can keep the team going. ;)
I would like to try and keep the team going but as me and the gf have a baby coming I wouldn't have time.

Hope to see you all on track sometime still though. :)

Well that disconnect happened to everyone, including me. I was disconnected from everything as my ISP had a water leak in their main server room with several servers short circuited. It was back on later that night.

So it wasn't me that evening ;)

oh no i was wondering what was wrong... ;)

And Joey, Stephen has a own TS server now were we are onlibne now. If you still want to chat we are there, maybe we can work something out. :)

Hey Erik,

Thanks for everything you have done for ICM. I wish i could have been on more to race and learn more about setting up cars. Hope to see you on Iracing in the future! Peace;)

Back