Interesting cars to drive.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aphelion
  • 62 comments
  • 4,633 views
I find the X2014 Junior flipping awesome! In GT5 the X-cars were way too challenging for my reflexes (I'm not 40 any longer ;)) but X-Jr. is extremely funny. I like to trail brake a lot, and the X-Jr handles that like a champ. Also the racing is fantastic. Blink and you're dead, but once you get to know the handling, especially Brands Hatch and even Motegi (which I normally hate), are mindblowing sensations of speed. Plus a well won series gives something like 1,4 mill credits. I'm really looking forward to the faster (not fan) X-car, whenever PD might find it appropriate to unlock it.
 
The Auto Union race car is fun to drive. Though, it's really hard to handle at slow speeds.
 
Last edited:
Hi

I also find the Chevrolet El Camino fun, it handles much better than it should & over jumps it's great at Willow Springs.

Paul
 
Mercedes 190E 450pp is such a nice car, nice sound, great handling, long revs. I loved that car ever since I first tried it on one of the licence tests on Nordscheife on GT4, it's nothing like any other Mercedes.
 
The Acura/Honda NSX Concept is a blast to drive if you can live with the 1million credit price....
 
I just bought the RUF BTR to see what everyone is taking about and WOW that thing is weird. you slide in EVERY corner on SH tires NO MATTER WHAT! Its SO FUN!:lol:
 
The Art Morrison Corvette. A hefty 725,000 price tag, but it's well worth it if you love vettes.
 
Something went wrong, please disregard this post, and if staff can delete it, please do so.
 
Sorry, something went wrong with the post, disregard
 
The most interesting car for me atm in GT6 would have to be the Lancia Stratos.
It's just a bloody handful to steer around a track.
But when you get it right,there's a lot of fun to be had.
Throttle steering this car around corners gave me a massive grin :D.
 
Another weird car is the nissan GTR concept LM race car,
It starts with 620pp and by the time youve tuned it it has 680pp and 1031 bhp and is
Capable of beating LMP1 cars! Bargain for 1m!
 
The most interesting car for me atm in GT6 would have to be the Lancia Stratos.
It's just a bloody handful to steer around a track.
But when you get it right,there's a lot of fun to be had.
Throttle steering this car around corners gave me a massive grin :D.
Agreed, stratus is epic for drifting as well.
 
Its a stratos!:D
 
Eiger+Nordwand+Kort_1.jpg



Since GT4, the most sincere, dependable, and fun to drive :)
 
All that Stratos love. <3

Anywho, I'm been putting about in the Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 all day fine tuning it. It's remarkably fast, capable of 190+MPH (235~ if you use the nitro) down the Nurburgring strait. Being it's only 364kg, it gives most racing cars a run for their money around corners, even without rolling. Still, you need to watch out for the inside berms of corners as those will EASILY roll it. Definitely a car I did not expect to be able to run the 'Like the Wind' and '24M Nurburgring' events.


Edit in response to Chameleon9000:

For the Caterham 7, my tune is:

Suspension:

Ride Height:
65in - 65in

Spring Rate:
3.70kgf/mm - 2.00kgf/mm

Dampers (All):
Level 4

Anti-Roll Bars:
Level 2 - Level 2

Chamber Angle:
0.8 - 0.6

Transmission:

The first five gears are all long, to prevent easy wheelspin. The car will shift out of 5th gear into 6th at about 156mph. I have the 6th gear set very wide to make use of its still excellent power curve at low rpms. The car will hit its rev-limiter at about 246mph, so aim for that when tuning the transmission.

The LSD is equipped, but not touched as well having the carbon drive shaft and tripple-plate clutch kit.

Power:

Fully tuned with power using a supercharger instead of a turbo. The supercharger gives a much better power curve then the turbo.

Body:

As light as it can be, no need for a wight ballast.
 
Last edited:
All that Stratos love. <3

Anywho, I'm been putting about in the Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 all day fine tuning it. It's remarkably fast, capable of 190+MPH (235~ if you use the nitro) down the Nurburgring strait. Being it's only 364kg, it gives most racing cars a run for their money around corners, even without rolling. Still, you need to watch out for the inside berms of corners as those will EASILY roll it. Definitely a car I did not expect to be able to run the 'Like the Wind' and '24M Nurburgring' events.
Hmm could you please share that tune? im crap at tuning so yeah! i love the fireblade, to bad is a standard...

EDIT: then again its a very good quality standard with a cockpit veiw and everything!
 
Interesting? I thought Honda CR-Z Touring Car was interesting because the exhaust note does not change no matter how fast you go or how many RPM's the engine is turning. It has the same sound the whole race! So if you use manual shift you have to watch the tach.
 
Daihatsu Midget II D Type.

Actual quote from the GT6 description for the car "In Japan, this vehicle saw use as a 'driving billboard', but its motorcycle-like agility made it fun to drive"

This has motorcycle like agility? Fun to drive? No, fun to look at more likely.
Daihatsu-Midget-II-4.jpg
 
The Stratos <3

Its probably the most fun I've had in the whole game :)
 
Just noticed something interesting about the caterham... if you look at the reflection on the bonnet in cockpit veiw, the world looks like the first super mario!
 
Pikes Peak E-Runner... All of that power, and it all comes instantaneously... The way I wish the Escudo Pikes Peak's power curve would be. It's great fun on snow and gravel, trying to control it for the smoothest, fastest lap possible... Pretty easy to make a clean lap, but hard to make it fast. I think I got lap times at Toscana Reverse somewhere around 1:41. :eek: Pretty fast...
 
the 365 gtb4 ferrari seems to be a nice ride to drive...crisp handling for a retro ferrari and it looks good in blue~
 
Many of the more interesting cars to me are the older classics. The Ferrari 512BB I am pretty fond of and as I'm a more casual player of the game, it's a nice car to learn the ins and outs of MR cars, especially with this game's updated physics. Other classics I enjoy are the Shelby 350 and the S800 Race Car.

Also that Tesla Model S is real fun and a surprise performer in mid-level races. Since it's so quiet, I can also enjoy my custom playlist during races better!
 
Back