Interesting details in cars you like.

VXR
I still can't believe I saw my first 8.32 on the final day of my Spain holiday. Perfect serendipity.
The gauges, seats and that wood steering wheel. I also loved the MOMO style factory wheels. Though the Alfa 164 Quadrifoglio had the better wheels out of the shared platforms(Saab Aeros are my favorite).
bab56780c1110b6dgen.jpg

I posted this in another thread a couple of years ago, but it fits perfectly here. It's nice to see Porsche have thought about those "accidental" hostage moments we all have once in a while. From the 997 handbook:
997_Trunk_Entrapment.jpg

My daughter confirms the handle does indeed glow. DO NOT tell her mum how we found out.

You'd be a pretty boring dad if you didn't at least try that haha.

Full disclosure. My dad used to let me sit amongst the parcels in his delivery van.

This is a common BMW thing since they started putting power windows in their cars.

Another common BMW thing, which I love in my E46, is the mechanical door unlock when the interior door lever is pulled. Pull once to mechanically unlock the door, pull again to open. I love this since it means I don't have to cycle the electronic locks every time I get out of my car.

Another common BMW thing, which I love in my E46, is the mechanical door unlock when the interior door lever is pulled. Pull once to mechanically unlock the door, pull again to open. I love this since it means I don't have to cycle the electronic locks every time I get out of my car.
Yep, I work for MINI and all of our cars are like that.

My Volvo 940 will do the same thing as well.

My Civic? Nope.

The Nissan March Turbo came with a dyno chart for it's engine... printed on the steering wheel.

View attachment 628397
This is actually really cool. Every car should have this!

My 99 Mazda 626 can fold down the co-drivers seat so you can load things up to the length of 2,80 meters. The rear seats can be leaned back as well.

I don't know if this only applies to Volkswagen, but if you press and hold the un-lock button on the remote, the electric windows will open simultanously without anybody beeing in the car.
If you have a cheaper model (such as my parent's 08 Skoda Fabia), this will only work if you put the key in the lock and hold the open-position. Works in reverse as well, of course.

On the '09-15 BMW 7 Series, a "Gentleman Function" was offered. All it does is move the passenger seat from side to side.

The current generation Mercedes-Benz S-Class offers granite trim in the inside, which looks pretty nice IMO.
zsub2w9ikleb9pqs5ifi.jpg

The 2002-2014 Volvo XC90 offered built-in booster seats.

The '57 Cadillac Eldorado came equipped with a minibar, featuring shot glasses, a leather notebook and cigarette case, and a bottle of perfume.
a98976_10.-Mini-bar-In-the-Glove-Box.jpg

For 1984, the Toyota Van featured an ice maker as an option. Perfect if you want a refreshing drink while driving.
gallery-1438607555-toyota-van-2.jpg

I've always loved the headlight wipers on the Mercedes Benz W126.

The spiders in the Mk4 Supra's taillights haven't been mentioned yet?
spiderswtf_001.jpg

SL730314.jpg
That's still not as good as the shark moulded into the glovebox on the Vauxhall Corsa from a few generations ago. A fun feature in a car with few other redeeming features:

VauxhallCorsa.jpg

Best details I can think of right now are the play, stop and pause logos on the pedals of the old Renault Sport Twingo.

car_photo_279588.jpg

@homeforsummer is that the Corsa D? It would be easy to check the wife's as the bloody thing snapped off. Just sits in place now. My old as the hills Astra Coupe is leagues ahead in build.

This is actually really cool. Every car should have this!

My 99 Mazda 626 can fold down the co-drivers seat so you can load things up to the length of 2,80 meters. The rear seats can be leaned back as well.

I don't know if this only applies to Volkswagen, but if you press and hold the un-lock button on the remote, the electric windows will open simultanously without anybody beeing in the car.
If you have a cheaper model (such as my parent's 08 Skoda Fabia), this will only work if you put the key in the lock and hold the open-position. Works in reverse as well, of course.
Had that feature in my '92 Passat. Twist the key in the lock position and all windows go up.

VXR
@homeforsummer is that the Corsa D? It would be easy to check the wife's as the bloody thing snapped off. Just sits in place now. My old as the hills Astra Coupe is leagues ahead in build.
Yep, that's the one. I remember someone mentioning it when it first came out, and then double-checking one on a friend's car because I thought it was just a joke.

Not sure if it's the right place to post this but i was browsing randomly when i found out about this:

I never heard of this before, was it some aftermarket mod or actually came with some Nissan cars from the 80's?

Toyota road cars, as much as I dislike them, have a neat feature where if you bump the car in reverse while moving forward, it will immediately disconnect the gearbox from the engine to protect it, then start beeping.

Wheels on the Isuzu Gemini Irmscher package. Yes, these are stock.

Subaru SVX's "window within a window".

It's a small thing, but ever since I sold my 1995 LS400, I miss having the small sun visor that goes above the rear view mirror. How is this not standard!? You don't realize how much it helps until you don't have it anymore. Sucks when the sun's shining just above your rear view mirror and the normal two visors don't help.

Couldn't find a better picture....
$_1.JPG

Apparently you just need an NSX. I found this the other day:

honda-nsx-sale.jpg

s-l300.jpg

I'll never understand how the 'floating bridge' gauge hood on the first-gen (and some? second gen) Boxster didn't get value-engineered out for production, but I'll always love it. One of my favorite bits about the interior of my car. The cluster itself is gorgeous, in my opinion, especially with the optional brushed aluminum faces and trim rings. The typeface is less serious than the 911, but it really seems in line with the character of the car.

18.jpg

Been meaning to mention this sooner, but the interior door handles on the Lexus LC are a work of art:

baz_5344.jpg

They aren't hidden away or moulded into the surface they sit in, instead sprouting like little aluminium sculptures from the suede door trim. The LC's not a car you derive much pleasure from getting out of, because it's such a great car to spend time in, but these definitely make the process a little easier.

Been meaning to mention this sooner, but the interior door handles on the Lexus LC are a work of art:

They aren't hidden away or moulded into the surface they sit in, instead sprouting like little aluminium sculptures from the suede door trim. The LC's not a car you derive much pleasure from getting out of, because it's such a great car to spend time in, but these definitely make the process a little easier.

Lexus have really upped the game in interior design, with so many interesting details, materials and colour choices.

Back