Interlagos is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

Mmm, the Spanish Website hobby consolas took the news away.
It could be fake.

It would be some photoshop if it was fake - perhaps it was embargoed information that was simply released too early.

Very good news ! :)

So, we have for now :

Real tracks :

- Brand Hatchs
- Nurburgring Nordschleife
- Willow Springs International Raceway
- Interlagos

Original tracks :

- Dragon Trails International Raceway
- Northern Isle Speedway
- Blue Moon Bay

City tracks :

- Tokyo Expressway

Rally tracks :

- Fisherman's Ranch
- Sardegna

With only another 9 locations to add that makes for pretty depressing reading. I hope they have a big post release track DLC schedule planned.

Whilst it seems pretty likely, we don't know for sure yet Interlagos is part of the launch lineup.

But the indicated numbers of cars and tracks has not changed since Copper Box. Apart from the show that indicated less locations. Even then, it hasn't changed on the official site.
Nothing has changed on the official site. The GTSport segment hasn't changed since the Copper box event. By the way, not even a news article for Porsche on the official website, just a scape among many other screenshots.

Nothing has changed on the official site. The GTSport segment hasn't changed since the Copper box event. By the way, not even a news article for Porsche on the official website, just a scape among many other screenshots.
While true, there was a dedicated post on the official Gran Turismo Facebook account regarding Porsche.
So there's that.

Regarding tracks, I note not one revamp of old original GT tracks yet.
It will be interesting to see if there is a backlash from fans should the anticipated remaining track count be filled with real world tracks, plus possibly additional new original tracks, but none of the old favourites.

I doubt PD can win in any case. :lol:

Games are rarely delayed to simply cram more stuff in. If PD couldn't meet the original release date with the originally-planned amount of content — remember, we saw the same tracks for nearly a year — it's unlikely the team is now trying to fit even more in. Some things probably changed due to the delay, like Porsche being in from day one, but until it's announced otherwise, I wouldn't be expecting a significant increase in content.

While true, there was a dedicated post on the official Gran Turismo Facebook account regarding Porsche.
So there's that.

Regarding tracks, I note not one revamp of old original GT tracks yet.
It will be interesting to see if there is a backlash from fans should the anticipated remaining track count be filled with real world tracks, plus possibly additional new original tracks, but none of the old favourites.

I doubt PD can win in any case. :lol:
I think the community manager doesn't manage the official website or the pitstop blog.
Fortunately, it's Interlagos and not another Tilkedrome. But there are not many real tracks better than Grand Valley or Trial Mountain IMO.

I think the community manager doesn't manage the official website or the pitstop blog.
Fortunately, it's Interlagos and not another Tilkedrome. But there are not many real tracks better than Grand Valley or Trial Mountain IMO.

I'd love to see Trial Mountain with GT Sport graphics. But they can't please everyone. I'm all for a good balance of fantasy and real life tracks.

I find it funny that we live in the day and age where games aren't even out yet and developers are already planning DLC. Interlagos better be coming to Project CARS 2 as free DLC, or I'm not buying that pack and I'm sticking to GT Sport for my interlagos needs.

I can understand what you mean - it is strange that the game hasn't released and already devs talking about consumers shelling out post-purchase money. That's just the time we live in today with video games I guess :boggled:- I get that too.

I guess GT faithfuls have come accustomed to receiving post-purchase content for FREE for GT6 (and so very very much of it). VALID point you made:tup:, even if it came off a bit stong.

I know there was a very small amount of paid DLC in GT5, so that makes me wonder if we'll get that same free support for GTS, as Kaz mentioned there would be lots of cars released after the initial launch.

I'm not sure anybody manages the PitStop blog. :P

I'm with you, and i have a favourite or two original tracks I would love to see also.
But I can already hear the complaints should the track roster be weighted with too many, and lacking real world tracks.

No doubt you can't please everyone.
But with almost one third of the expected track count already being occupied with new original tracks, I think PD are walking a fine line.

FINALLY!

One of the most iconic circuits in the world, and a fantastic track

EDIT: It's also worth remembering that the GT crew came to Interlagos to film some material for the Senna content in GT6. The track is prominently featured in one of those, leading to speculation prior to the content being released that it'd actually feature in the previous game

FINALLY!

One of the most iconic circuits in the world, and a fantastic track

EDIT: It's also worth remembering that the GT crew came to Interlagos to film some material for the Senna content in GT6. The track is prominently featured in one of those, leading to speculation prior to the content being released that it'd actually feature in the previous game

Maybe they didn't want to "waste" a brand new track on GT6 and they prefered to put it on the new , shiny , GT Sport.

Or maybe they really just couldn't due to licensing or time restraints , who knows.

I just hope that the supposed number of tracks isn't necessarily true and is more of an estimate , or maybe they increased the number all together , and that PD can add a few more , because we are yet to see many tracks featured in GT6 like Spa , Suzuka , Monza , Laguna Seca , Bathurst , La Sarthe , Monaco , Silverstone , Fuji , Daytona , Tsukuba , etc ... (not even mentioning fantasy tracks) And if they want to add new tracks to the franchise , a compromise would have to be made by PD. Maybe monthly track DLC's like GT6 was supposed to have. :boggled:

Maybe they didn't want to "waste" a brand new track on GT6 and they prefered to put it on the new , shiny , GT Sport.

Or maybe they really just couldn't due to licensing or time restraints , who knows.

I just hope that the supposed number of tracks isn't necessarily true and is more of an estimate , or maybe they increased the number all together , and that PD can add a few more , because we are yet to see many tracks featured in GT6 like Spa , Suzuka , Monza , Laguna Seca , Bathurst , La Sarthe , Monaco , Silverstone , Fuji , Daytona , Tsukuba , etc ... (not even mentioning fantasy tracks) And if they want to add new tracks to the franchise , a compromise would have to be made by PD. Maybe monthly track DLC's like GT6 was supposed to have. :boggled:

Yeah, I'm also hoping that the original figure was just an estimate (19 I think?). If not, it'll really suck for two slots to be taken by two fantasy ovals.

@-Fred- :lol: tbf, Forza's track list is pretty stellar.

Hopefully the latter two get carried over from the previous games and Yas hosted GTacademy last year, so I have high hopes.

There's not a lot of space left if we go by what was announced back in the day though, and there's probably more fictional circuits left to come... Could you imagine a Gran Turismo game without High Speed Ring or Grand Valley and no actual Nissan Skylines?

There's not a lot of space left if we go by what was announced back in the day though, and there's probably more fictional circuits left to come... Could you imagine a Gran Turismo game without High Speed Ring or Grand Valley and no actual Nissan Skylines?

I couldn't imagine a Gran Turismo with a Livery editor, Porsche and improved sounds. Who knows :lol:

all this fantastic news surrounding GTSport as of late,

I have my wallet open (with money I don't actually have) ready to buy my first PS4(pro)

...and a TV/monitor...and a receiver ... and some spare parts for my T500 shifter...

Latest Posts

Back