International Club/Forum Rivals Race: NRTCC

• Thread starter t.o.
  • 68 comments
Yeah I was feeling good in that second heat, maybe not feeling good but thought I could put it together and do something good. Thought I was going to do some great things but like real races, one guys hurt usually collects a few other people in the process. What made it bad was there wasn't any brake lights so I had zero warning he was slowing down. If it happened just a few feet further I would have been preparing to brake down speed to make the turn. Oh well , that's racing.

Don't know if I'll do anything special before the race. I've yet to put together some vids. I'll probably do a compilation of the whole season in one long video or something.

Ok guys this last race of the season will be on Le Mans, as we know there's two layouts in Forza 4 for this track. But there is a "hidden" third layout, there is "a twist".
We'll be using the recent config with the chicanes on the long straight, HOWEVER when we get to the turns in the straight we'll be doing something a bit different. As we know years ago Le Mans added chicanes on the long straight , we'll be using these chicanes, LITERALLY. Instead of going around the chicanes you'll be going THROUGH them. We'll be adding an "autocross" element to our race. This applies only to the two chicanes on the back straight

This video will show you what must be done ....

Wow, the series sure did go out with a bang, my heart is still pounding from this round, lol. This has to be the most exhilarating leg of NRTCC. The long straights provided some insanely tense and close battles, and the barriers made a difficult opponent to a clean lap, as well as being excellent for a good old game of chicken: who'd brake first?

The ending of the second heat has to be one of the closest finishes so far. Absolutely incredible battle, total, we were both all-in for 1st, but with less than 5 seconds to spare and the doors rubbing in the S-bend, you prevailed! I was an absolute nerve wreck after that stint, lol. Kudos for that impressive bit of driving! We also had that awesome battle towards the first chicane on Mulsanne mid-race... phew! Today was pretty much all about the Volvos. I don't know if it's the extra passing power that does it, but nerfing the output by 5% didn't seem hold the vikings back. They simply soldiered on to plunder the Germans of their positions, lol.

I have to say, it has been a pleasure to participate. You've screwed together a solid, competitive and fun series that suddenly leaves a void in my Saturdays. Everyone are great sportsmen, drivers and competitors, let that be known from my side. I simply must express my joy for the group effort to create an enjoyable atmosphere. If you ever decide to start up a Saturday project around the same time, let me know.

I'm glad you enjoyed it man and thanks for participating in the series. Your kind words make me feel that I did an ok job and that's what I was hoping for. I had to leave out and take the wife out right after so didn't get to send everyone a thanks right after the race.

This race was definitely a great way to go out. And it turned out MUCH more fun and intense than I could ever think it would. You're right, the Volvos were monsters on this track and even with the 5 percent cut we still had them rolling. Well I should say YOU had it rolling because you were definitely a beast out there today. Only reason why I got the second race was probably cause I went a little wider than I thought in that last turn and gave you the heave-ho off the track. lol. Tried to leave you room. But the action on the straight was just as unnerving. When you shot past me on one time to the entrance of the chicanes I was like "This dude is NUTS" LOL. Didn't think you were going to make it but you made stick. That made me get my nerves up and I think I did it to Supernova once.

I'll probably take a few Saturdays off to sleep extra late ;) but there's a GOOD chance something will be coming in the future. I have some ideas swimming around in my head as we speak. But your presence in the series was an absolute pleasure man. You'll definitely be favored to join anything we have running at any time.

I'll have the final stats up before the weekend is up.

Hehe, I understand.

I was surprised, to say the least, seeing myself such a strong contender today. It was a weird feeling battling for 1st place after going on the roof on the very first lap roughly ten minutes earlier, lol. God, I was bummed. Miraculously I somehow managed to recover from my wipe-outs. In the third heat I plainly played it safe. I really didn't want any nasty surprises again, and it paid off it seems. Immensely satisfying result for me today. I haven't got the slightest inkling as to what got into me, but it sure did work in my favor. I'm looking forward to see a video of the Le Mans heats, I bet those replays are packing some action! Actually, could you possibly send me copies of the replays? I'd love to see those tire walls work their magic :D

Anyway, it's also been a pleasure for me to share the asphalt with you. I'm glad I chose this series as my first venture into the online racing realms of Forza Motorsport. You've been admirably embracing, and I have to thank you very much for that. From the awesome Polestar livery you gave me (👍) and the super competitive setups, you've always made sure we were enjoying ourselves as participants. I think you can give yourself credit for doing much more than an okay job. We might have had waning numbers in the end, but every minute was enjoyed here regardless. You can take a well-deserved break now, but hey... don't keep us waiting for too long :P

Thanks aero. Yeah I've got some good ideas cooking right now just growing more and more. I'll shoot the replays over your way for sure. Glad that we could be your first venture into the online world. Had I known I would have put my good suit on. Also you can thank Chuopolo (wheelracers.com) for that Polestar livery. He definitely did a great job with it.

Alright, thanks :)
And it is indeed a very handsome livery, it sure stands out from the crowd. I had no idea it was Chuop's creation,
but he did a great job on it. It's not coming off that Volvo anytime soon :D

Oh, well. It's actually getting way too late here. Gute Nacht
o.gif

I've been running around doing alot since that very day we finished. And it just now occurred to me that you said it was your first time delving into the online world of Forza. I have to say that you did REMARKABLY well. Tip your hat off to yourself because you looked like a grisly old vet out there to be honest. lol.

PS: I still will never forgive you for that block on the last turn on the last lap at Silverstone. LMAO!!!

Thank you very, very much, total :)

That last turn at Silverstone was a classic moment, though I never did intend to block you.
But, I still remember what you said after we crossed the finish line. Priceless :lol:

I've been missing these races each Saturday, the Volvo sits untouched in my garage at the moment.

It's the crown jewel of my collection
love.gif

Lately I've discovered your Grand-am promo videos, and it looks absolutely intense. Really, bravo on the editing, it looks super professional. I'd love to join, but sadly, the time is in the middle of the night on a weekday here in Euroland. Thus I'd have to pass.

Back