International Event, Different days different cars. Your thoughts.

• Thread starter uk86ze
  • 63 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTP_uk86ze
First of all apologies to GTP_Patchysan if it collides with your thread. I thought i would start this thread as it may be easier for others to see.
Once we have an idea and everyone is happy you could paste this in to your 1st post.

After the popularity of the Ferrari F430 racing event on Suzuka Intrnational i have had another idea. Racing with the Ferrari every day may get boring for some so this is what i propose.

Mondays Jaguar XK 06 vs Aston Martin

Tuesdays Jaguar XK 06 vs Aston Martin

Wednesdays Corvette vs Dodge Viper SRT10 06

Thursdays Corvette vs Dodge Viper SRT10 06

Fridays Ferrari F430 Meet

Saturday Ferrari F430 Meet

Sundays Aston Martin vs Ferrari F430 Meet

SETTINGS
Jaguar XK 06 VS Aston Martin

Tyres R1 Tyres R1
Power= 446bhp power= 449 bhp
Weight = 1436 kg 85% Weight = 1641 kg 96%

Overall 636 pp for both cars
636pp is the most you can get for the Jaguar with R1 tyres .

Corvette VS Viper SRT10 06

R1 R1
504 BHP 509 BHP
1421 KG 1424 KG

Overall PP should be at 685 PP for the Corvette and Viper.

Aston Martin Vs Ferrari F430
at 695p at 680pp

Tyres R2 Tyres R1
545 BHP +23
weight = 1453 85%​
The Aston has to be at 695pp with R2 tyres to able
to stick with the Ferrari.

All cars are default settings. No gear tweaking or suspension settings allowed.
TC and ABS is up to you.

Ive done a few quick laps with the different cars and theres not alot of diiference between the cars matched with each other in lap times.

If this is O.K with you guys we could start this tommorow at the normal times of starting we already have, eg xx02, xx17 xx32 xx47.

All races after 30 seconds at the start except the Jaguar vs Aston which should be at 20 seconds in my opinion.

Any thoughts or ideas please state so.

Last edited:
How about S1-S2's?

sounds good, try to make it realistic as we could. Just had a race at szk where there wasnt a car over 700pp and all 12 drivers pulled over at the start.Even our friends from Japan are getting the fever and racing with cars with 650 and 550pp.

How about S1-S2's?

+1 👍

The Ferrari feels dead on R1s, if it slides you seem to get bogged down so for me it ends up being an exercise in memorising corner speeds rather than driving on feel. On S tyres you can make it dance :cool:

Hi,
i love the idea of racing another car every day, so i (have to) drive cars i did not so far. S1 or S2 or even Ns are fine for me as well 👍

I only would like to suggest to really keep only one car at a time, because with different cars you might have the same overall laptime, but one car is faster on the straights and the other in the corners, which is one of the reasons for bumps i think....the faster car overtakes on the straight and is a barrier to the other in the esses afterwards. so in short: i would like everybody in the same car with the same settings :), but thats just my thoughts...

best regards,

edebert

fine by me let's see what others have to say. What about racing the vipers and Astons on differnt days

Hi,
i love the idea of racing another car every day, so i (have to) drive cars i did not so far. S1 or S2 or even Ns are fine for me as well 👍

I only would like to suggest to really keep only one car at a time, because with different cars you might have the same overall laptime, but one car is faster on the straights and the other in the corners, which is one of the reasons for bumps i think....the faster car overtakes on the straight and is a barrier to the other in the esses afterwards. so in short: i would like everybody in the same car with the same settings :), but thats just my thoughts...

best regards,

edebert

I've tried the elise @ suzuka and I know what you mean.. :) but for me it's ok to have it any way the majority wants it. For enjoying the racing part, I don't think we should go any lower than S1.

Well we're all clean drivers here, so if you're with only each other, then the faster cornering car should be able to stay behind without hitting someone, should they not?

Totally agree, and i did not mean intentional bumps...and i am definitely fine with mixing cars. i dont know how close the suggested cars are to each other, only if they are to far away in cornering and topspeed i see a higher chance of misunderstandings.

but whatever, i will be part of this anyway :cheers:

Totally agree, and i did not mean intentional bumps...and i am definitely fine with mixing cars. i dont know how close the suggested cars are to each other, only if they are to far away in cornering and topspeed i see a higher chance of misunderstandings.

but whatever, i will be part of this anyway :cheers:

the settings are here so if you want to do some quick laps with each car and see the differnce and let us know. If their not ok we will go down the Ferrari route and stick to 1 make.

I'm fine with the idea, it gives a bit of variety for GTP members to look forward too. I heard some discussion that some people prefer S tyres to R tyres for the Ferrari meet. Maybe you can have Friday on R tyres and Saturday on S tyres?

It's all starting to get a bit confusing:ouch:

Don't worry, nothing's final at the moment. Just stick with the Ferrari's for the moment while these days are being ratified. Hopefully we can make this easy for people to understand once its verified.

nice thread!! count me in!! 👍
unfortunately my driving skills are not good enough to be competitive on N tyres,I feel like I'm not having fun but I'm just trying to survive on the track.

S2 tyres is good idea, but what about cars with less HP (around 300) ? I'm thinking about JDM's Suzuka battle (NSX vs WRX 05 vs R34 vs EVO IX etc), in this case we would have higher "diversification" of cars to use which is (I think) almost always a good thing. I understand that it will require some testing with set-ups to make all involved cars competitive but hey! this is GTP,place for real Gran Turismo enthusiasts! so it can be done.. :sly:

p.s. great job uk86ze with testing!! 👍

nice thread!! count me in!! 👍
unfortunately my driving skills are not good enough to be competitive on N tyres,I feel like I'm not having fun but I'm just trying to survive on the track.

S2 tyres is good idea, but what about cars with less HP (around 300) ? I'm thinking about JDM's Suzuka battle (NSX vs WRX 05 vs R34 vs EVO IX etc), in this case we would have higher "diversification" of cars to use which is (I think) almost always a good thing. I understand that it will require some testing with set-ups to make all involved cars competitive but hey! this is GTP,place for real Gran Turismo enthusiasts! so it can be done.. :sly:

+1 👍 Definitely would love a JDM race of some sort as well!

agreed but why use the same cars, when was the last time you used the TVR Tuscan or the BMW M3 or Z4 for that matter.

I would prefer one make racing, with different cars to the ones we use day in day out.

But as always majority rules:tup:

If this is O.K with you guys we could start this tommorow at the normal times of starting we already have, eg xx02, xx17 xx32 xx47.

What exactly are you defining as "normal"? Are you suggesting 00,15 or are you suggesting 02,17.

If PatchySan carries on with the Ferrari at 02,17 etc you may want to choose a different schedule. It otherwise does become a tad confusing for all IMHO.

AMG.

What exactly are you defining as "normal"? Are you suggesting 00,15 or are you suggesting 02,17.

If PatchySan carries on with the Ferrari at 02,17 etc you may want to choose a different schedule. It otherwise does become a tad confusing for all IMHO.

AMG.

I'm pretty sure what uk86ze meant is that we do different cars on different days rather than time schedule...or at least that's I understand.

AMG.

thinking of running it at the same time as the Ferrari event as its going to be the same thing with different cars each day.
Check 1st post and you'll get an idea. Its not 100% official and that's what this thread is for too see what people are happy with.
anyway ime happy with s3 tyres on all cars as will the majority of you will be.
Hyper Uk and me have had a message from some players from Japan asking what times and cars we here are running, I think they want to set up a meet quickly.

It's good to see it's not just us disappointed with the silly events PD has been giving us. Hopefully they will see this form or "protest"..and give us events that are using these cars and tire combos.

Are people still racing on r1 tires or s1?

Its still R1 tyres. Nothing is finalised and when it does be the 1st post will be updated and thread closed to stop confusion.
Anyway Mr Volcano what tyres are you happy with.

Last edited:
thinking of running it at the same time as the Ferrari event as its going to be the same thing with different cars each day.
Check 1st post and you'll get an idea. Its not 100% official and that's what this thread is for too see what people are happy with.
anyway ime happy with s3 tyres on all cars as will the majority of you will be.
Hyper Uk and me have had a message from some players from Japan asking what times and cars we here are running, I think they want to set up a meet quickly.

AMG made a valid point that things may be a bit confusing coinciding the two races together at the same time. For example, what if other people still want to race the Ferrari F430 say on Monday which also conflicts with Jaguar vs Aston Martin? How would the races start, do everyone leave at 30 seconds? etc etc. Maybe a slight change of time may rectify this issue but I leave this up to debate.

AMG made a valid point that things may be a bit confusing coinciding the two races together at the same time. For example, what if other people still want to race the Ferrari F430 say on Monday which also conflicts with Jaguar vs Aston Martin? How would the races start, do everyone leave at 30 seconds? etc etc. Maybe a slight change of time may rectify this issue but I leave this up to debate.

Thats true, Why fix it when it aint broke.
if everyone favours on still running the Ferraris then thats what we will do but if theres more wanting a change then its time for a poll.
who wants to do a poll as i dont know how to.

Thats true, Why fix it when it aint broke.
if everyone favours on still running the Ferraris then thats what we will do but if theres more wanting a change then its time for a poll.
who wants to do a poll as i dont know how to.

Why not just do a vote using comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back