International Race Of Champions IROC Series - DAYTONA FINALE TONIGHT!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 297 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun race today. I got punted once, but I'm not sure I would have had anything for MadMax anyways. It's a shame that Sumo didn't make it as well.

Did some of the guys pit? I stayed out, but the tyres were getting pretty slippery.

Fun race today. I got punted once, but I'm not sure I would have had anything for MadMax anyways. It's a shame that Sumo didn't make it as well.

Did some of the guys pit? I stayed out, but the tyres were getting pretty slippery.

I didn't pit in the race , in the end I was doing 1'42 - 1'43 laps which was enought to pull a gap.

MadMax

I didn't pit in the race , in the end I was doing 1'42 - 1'43 laps which was enought to pull a gap.

MadMax

Epic racing max :cheers: We all 1 stopped except you and Max. I was catching max and Niop but lost time with 3 crashes. I did take 7 seconds out of you in last two laps.

iroci5.png

Tonight is the Daytona Finale!!! 15 & 75 Laps!!! Drivers highlighted with Yellow can still win IROC I!

Just heard, Niop, Crazy, Max and Furi can't make it so better just crown me Champ now guys.

I thank you. ;)

Do you need a pace car for tonight? :D

Rolling start would be pretty cool for a finale

I mean for a rolling start to kick the finale off with. I pull into the pits, as soon as you cross the finish line you floor it...

Please, I am really bored tonight :D

Great racing today guys, had alot of fun battling you guys. Furi, nice job on a this really great Idea. I wish Sumo would have made all the races, it was fun battling the points lead with you and Furi. But I'm glad I could bring home the championship with the black #3. :)

Well, my season remained just 1 race long. Too bad, but for some reason I think there may be other chances for me to rise with this RM'd Camaro...

What about the two time two time IROC Daytona Champ!!!

Congrats :)

Great racing today guys, had alot of fun battling you guys. Furi, nice job on a this really great Idea. I wish Sumo would have made all the races, it was fun battling the points lead with you and Furi. But I'm glad I could bring home the championship with the black #3. :)

Great racing. :) Well done 👍

Well, my season remained just 1 race long. Too bad, but for some reason I think there may be other chances for me to rise with this RM'd Camaro...

We will see...

IROC will return for sure. This has been an epic season. Also a shout out to the non GTP guys of fipper and thimble, good to have them. These cars are amazing to drive though.

The last race was great , I was bump drafting most of the race (75 laps race).
I hope I didn't lag around the track too much. I noticed 2 or 3 times a small lag mid race.

Here's a small writeup of my race. (the mics were on , but I couldn't really identify who was talking)

In the first 15 laps something happened in one oval corner and the mayhem caught me aswell.
RFLX and ACDC teamed up and caught me up eventually.
At that point I joined the bump draft - train.

It didn't take long before we caught up to lead pack and from there I eventually ended up with Knelly and Crazy Bassist.
With them I drove till pit stop. I exited the pit stop with a small gap to Knelly and Crazy Bassist.
From there on I think they caught me and we continued the 3 way bumping for awhile , before Knelly desided to take a small distance to us and ride the draft.

The 2nd pack of cars with RFLX and ACDC caught up and the race was on once again.
A bit crowded in the corner exits I tried if I could continue the bumping with RFLX and ACDC.
ACDC desided to start braking me down in the straiths (brake checking ??) , what was that all about.
Team USA ? Anyways , I didn't get affected too much from those multiple brake checks and could keep up with the lead pack.

At some point , about 10 laps to go I desided I had had enought of this and started a bit physical battling with ACDC as he was intentionally slowing me down.
I dodged a few brake checks and side slams.
But all that rough battling was making me lose a few positions.
In the last lap IIRC ACDC exited the race / lobby and gave his position for whoever was next.

At about halfway of the back straith I ran out of fuel. (very nice of pit crew fuel assumption being automated and not leaving fuel for a parade lap at all)
All that battling and high revving must have drained the last drops of fuel.
With no fuel left I needed to simply roll to the finish line avoiding any race speed drivers taking the line inside of last corner beyond yellow line.

Oh right , I saw/caught Furikazen/MrMulsanne overtaking at the back strait past the yellow line. :D
Naughty!

MadMax

Seems all very accurate, and yes, started to draft at the right point after realising that Niop and ACDC were going to catch no matter what.

Watched your altercations with ACDC and decided not to become involved. Then very VERY happy to coast the two of them till it was the tight time to slingshot. Not sure about ACDC but I KNOW Niop would have been aware as to what I was up to. I know he tried slowing early on last lap hoping I would pass but we've raced enough together to know each other, and that there is nothing he could do.

Two Time Two Time IROC Daytona Champ!!!!!!! ;)

Seems all very accurate, and yes, started to draft at the right point after realising that Niop and ACDC were going to catch no matter what.

Watched your altercations with ACDC and decided not to become involved. Then very VERY happy to coast the two of them till it was the tight time to slingshot. Not sure about ACDC but I KNOW Niop would have been aware as to what I was up to. I know he tried slowing early on last lap hoping I would pass but we've raced enough together to know each other, and that there is nothing he could do.

Well played , sir. Congrats for the Daytona win x2 👍

I had a bad setup at the beginning of season. it was good for just hot lapping Daytona Speedway without draft. And only barely.
I was oversteering in the ovals , causing mayhem and getting lapped a few times. :lol:
At the point when we were Racing at Laguna Seca I started to have a reasonably stabile setup.
At Indianapolis Speedway I did the last changes to my setup and from there on I only changed the final gear value to match the track we were on.

On the last race My gears were good for 328 km/h in draft , no more.
After the sprint race I knew that would be enought for the 75 lap race because we would be losing some power during the race.

MadMax

Will you be issuing the final table?

Yes

The last race was great , I was bump drafting most of the race (75 laps race).
I hope I didn't lag around the track too much. I noticed 2 or 3 times a small lag mid race.

Here's a small writeup of my race. (the mics were on , but I couldn't really identify who was talking)

In the first 15 laps something happened in one oval corner and the mayhem caught me aswell.
RFLX and ACDC teamed up and caught me up eventually.
At that point I joined the bump draft - train.

It didn't take long before we caught up to lead pack and from there I eventually ended up with Knelly and Crazy Bassist.
With them I drove till pit stop. I exited the pit stop with a small gap to Knelly and Crazy Bassist.
From there on I think they caught me and we continued the 3 way bumping for awhile , before Knelly desided to take a small distance to us and ride the draft.

The 2nd pack of cars with RFLX and ACDC caught up and the race was on once again.
A bit crowded in the corner exits I tried if I could continue the bumping with RFLX and ACDC.
ACDC desided to start braking me down in the straiths (brake checking ??) , what was that all about.
Team USA ? Anyways , I didn't get affected too much from those multiple brake checks and could keep up with the lead pack.

At some point , about 10 laps to go I desided I had had enought of this and started a bit physical battling with ACDC as he was intentionally slowing me down.
In the last lap IIRC ACDC exited the race / lobby and gave his position for whoever was next.

At about halfway of the back straith I ran out of fuel. (very nice of pit crew fuel assumption being automated and not leaving fuel for a parade lap at all)
All that battling and high revving must have drained the last drops of fuel.
With no fuel left I needed to simply roll to the finish line avoiding any race speed drivers taking the line inside of last corner beyond yellow line.

Oh right , I saw/caught Furikazen/MrMulsanne overtaking at the back strait past the yellow line. :D
Naughty!

MadMax

ACDC put me in the wall on purpose 3 times :grumpy: ... ANd a couple times I got forced below the yellow line, I tried not to get in the way of the lead battle for the last 15 laps but ended up nearly pushing Crazy to Victory Lane. Also Race 1 showed why I am feared on the ovals, 11th to 2nd in half a lap!

Well played , sir. Congrats for the Daytona win x2 👍

I had a bad setup at the beginning of season. it was good for just hot lapping Daytona Speedway without draft. And only barely.
I was oversteering in the ovals , causing mayhem and getting lapped a few times. :lol:
At the point when we were Racing at Laguna Seca I started to have a reasonably stabile setup.
At Indianapolis Speedway I did the last changes to my setup and from there on I only changed the final gear value to match the track we were on.

On the last race My gears were good for 328 km/h in draft , no more.
After the sprint race I knew that would be enought for the 75 lap race because we would be losing some power during the race.

MadMax

I used the same base set up for all tracks, ride height and transmission were all I altered really.

Ya gotta love the Camaro RM, small, powerful and fun, don't you agree guys?

MadMax
I'm not sure what ACDC's deal was, I figured you guys had some altercation earlier in the race. But I gotta give him credit for working with me and making it back to the front. But that sucks you didn't make it to the end on fuel, tough break.

I knew your strategy Knelly, lol. I knew it was coming. It would have been a close finish, but I got a little lag bump in my left rear that sent me high into the wall coming out of 4.

That being said, congrats on the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back