International Race Of Champions IROC Series - DAYTONA FINALE TONIGHT!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 297 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
irocbanner2.jpg

For many years, IROC was a American series that featured the best NASCAR drivers and several international stars in Chevrolet Camaro's. The series was canned due to lack of sponsorship, but I think it's time for a virtual revival!

iroci5.png

THE CAR:

~Chevrolet Camaro SS RM
~Install RM and LEAVE IT - no other modifications allowed. It should have 453hp (through HP Restrictor) and 1210kg.
~You ARE Allowed to tweak: Aerodynamics, Transmission, Suspension, and Brakes.
~You are NOT allowed to buy custom LSD's.
~ Racing Hard tyres are Mandatory
~GT AUTO Rim Set PDI P525N is Mandatory

RACE DETAILS:

~Events are held in My Lounge
~Room will open around 7pm BST of a Sunday Evening (2pm In the USA if I am not mistaken). Races will start at 30 min past the hour
~All driving aids will be off
~Damage Limited
~NO Cautions - An incentive for clean racing
~Two races will be held, a Sprint Race and Feature Race. The Sprint will offer less points than the Feature:

Sprint - 60-57-54-51-48-45-42-39-36-33-30-27-24-21-18-15
Feature - 100-97-94-91-88-85-82-79-76-73-70-67-64-61-58-55

CALENDAR

01 - Daytona Superspeedway - 10 / 60 Laps - 28 August!
02 - Laguna Seca - 5 / 30 Laps
03 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - 8 / 50 Laps
04 - Daytona Road Course - 4 / 20 Laps
05 - Monza No Chicane - 5 / 25 Laps
06 - Daytona Superspeedway - 12 / 75 Laps

ENTRIES:

PLEASE SIGN UP LIKE THIS:

Car # / PSN

#3 RFLX Niop
#9 TakatsukiYayoi
#12 Carbonox
#17 funkyducks

#18 Knelly
#27 Skeletor27
#48 acdcrocks123
#54 Furinkazen

#69 The_Boyce
#73 GTP_MadMax86
#83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
#94 driftking18594

#96 KurtisEBear96
#98 Sumo098

Oh and a little history lesson for ya:

Last edited:
Hey, this looks a cool one. Is the Camaro premium so I don't have to annoy myself with the UCD again like with the trucks?

Hey, this looks a cool one. Is the Camaro premium so I don't have to annoy myself with the UCD again like with the trucks?

Yep. The one in the series banner, the Camaro RM. Buy it leave it, no more mods allowed to be equipped. Should be 493hp and 1410kg

Why is mine only 434hp? (and also 1210kg...)

Anyway, I'll be #12. I could lift the HP up to 470 because there was a free racing exhaust, but there's still too little HP and especially weight. I swear I didn't do anything except racing modifications.

Last edited:
Put me down as #94.

Install the racing exhaust or whatever isn't installed when bought in an RM. Oul change and break-in as well.;)

Install the racing exhaust or whatever isn't installed when bought in an RM. Oul change and break-in as well.;)

Oh, the first post didn't talk anything about oil changes so I left it out just in case.

Apologies, a mistake on my part. The Camaro RM should have 434hp and 1210 kg. DO NOT Install the Racing Exhaust, if you have you have to buy the car again. My mistake on my part. Also you have to buy the LSD.

Apologies, a mistake on my part. The Camaro RM should have 434hp and 1210 kg. DO NOT Install the Racing Exhaust, if you have you have to buy the car again. My mistake on my part. Also you have to buy the LSD.

Do I really have to get the LSD, if I'm not going to set it up?

Hmm... in a spec series maybe the LSD will not be required, I'm looking at my car now.

~You ARE Allowed to tweak: Aerodynamics, Transmission, Suspension, and Brakes.
~You are not allowed to buy custom LSD's.

That should even the field up :)

When do we do this event? There were no dates or anything in the original post.

Sunday Evenings british time, looking at starting in around 5 weeks, depends on interest.

I'm sure we'll get more TOCA regulars as time progresses :)

Oooooooh, what a sexy midnight blue car I've got. Can't wait to put it into a real test...

Sounds good to me. Sign me up as #69. PSN: The_Boyce. Look forward to it, later on a Sunday evening the better for me.

#18 please and yes, the later the better. 7:30 is too early to make others go to bed ;)

I'm in, this is my kind of racing!

PSN: RFLX_Niop

Sounds interesting.Sign me up.
PSN funkyDucks

Sounds good to me. Sign me up as #69. PSN: The_Boyce. Look forward to it, later on a Sunday evening the better for me.

#18 please and yes, the later the better. 7:30 is too early to make others go to bed ;)

Welcome!

~Is surprised no one has picked car #3 in black yet...~

Oh and a little history lesson for ya:

Great car for a race series 👍

Sundays are my day off from olr's though, so I won't be joining in

I'll watch this thread with interest though :D

We need more drivers. Come on people, sign up. There must be more interest.

I would like to join as well. I'll have to buy a new '10 SS & RM it. oh darn.

#27 psn id Skeletor27

So, 7pm BST is 11am PDT?
I'll be on vacation sept. 8th-13th. Hopefully I'll make the rest. If you require 100% participation, then disregard.

Just realized I got the 27th reply. That's an omen!

Last edited:
I think we will start this rolling next weekend, sunday 28th september gentleman?

Damm are we in September already. Did I sleep for a month? Did Niop win The Chase? So many questions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back