International Rallycross Thread.

A lot of the tracks in Global Rallycross are mostly a lot of tarmac style courses and not much in the way of natural dirt courses or anything. So while this is a good deal, I am not sure if enough of a difference can be made using these tires on the courses GRC runs. The handling performance should be improved with these new tires.
Eh, as long as we get driting on dirt and pavement, I'm fine.

Honda Civic GRC testing

1. This thing has bigger cajones than any road car Honda makes. I like it
2. It's definitely an OMSE car lol
3. If OMSE ever sells off their old cars, I can see these being street legalized. Epic Hondas that waste Honda bros, I can live with this.

Well, I like rallycross because of the crazy action. It's just fun to watch. You also have the drama of utilizing the Joker lap. The Joker is much better in FIA World Rallycross and most other rallycross series, but there's a lot to like about rallycross.

I love rally racing, and I can appreciate the "all the actions now!" aspect of Rallycross but I think I simply enjoy being more invested in a lengthy ordeal than a quick boxing match on a short track. I understand the commercial appeal (just look at the sponsors and the like) and the ability to host it in a small track with lots of spectators.

I watched a bunch of it the past two days and just find myself drifting. I think I like to be drawn into a lengthier race...it seems very ADHD to me with such tiny races. I'd probably swing by and watch one if one came to town though.

I love rally racing
That's called rallycross. Rallying is a sport in which cars compete from point to point in stages to achieve the overall lowest time possible.
it seems very ADHD to me with such tiny races
Do you view speedway in the same way? I understand your preference for something a little lengthier, but "ADHD" is a bit of an odd way of describing it.

I clicked on this, and it loaded up just as a race finished; it then cut to a picture of 2 rather grotty looking bathtubs (complete with flys buzzing around) with the commentator going on about "the scenes of the south-west". I'm guessing the "south-west" has seen better days... :lol:

Thanks, The Stig Farmer! I just saw the tail end of a little Supercar Semi A heat race as I saw this post. Wow... that Honda Civic rallycross car is pretty sweet.

These were some fine races on a quite competitive track. This weekend is a doubleheader. So I have to wonder what tomorrow will bring on this opening weekend of Global Rallycross.

Anyone else notice the Traxxas logo Brian Deegan is carrying? Looks like I predicted their involvement from a while back.

Heads up! NBCSN is showing the highlights of the Global Rallycross action from Phoenix right now. Probably nothing you haven't seen already if you saw the livestream from yesterday.

Sweet Metro 6R4! Great seeing a Group B beast be given life in today's rally and rallycross.

The next round of the Global Rallycross Championship will be here in the the Lone Star State as the Dallas-Fort Worth area gets some GRC loving. Or (among other GTPlaneteers), the country of my boy and fellow Texan RACECAR. I'm pretty sure this will be at Texas Motor Speedway. The racing action will happen on the weekend of June 4th.

I'm still trying to watch rallycross and enjoy it...I will say it would help to see some rally legend machinery involved.

I guess another way to look at rallycross is kind of think about it like off-road touring car racing. I love traditional rally racing, but there is just something about rallycross that has its own unique appeal. It's fun-to-watch material for me. Some of the "boxing match" racing in rallycross is almost as frenzied as something in the British Touring Car Championship or the Australian V8 Supercars. At least I find something to love regardless about rallycross.

Up next on the Global Rallycross calendar is a trip to my native state of Texas. This is an inaugural event in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I thought initially it would be at Texas Motor Speedway. However, it seems to be another makeshift race course.

More information on this round and this venue: http://redbullglobalrallycross.com/events/2016-season/dallas-tx/

Good luck to all teams and drivers competing this weekend up in Big D this weekend.

Well the Dallas GRC race was entertaining. Especially the fight for 2nd between Foust and Arpin. Congrats to Patrik Sandell

NBCSN is currently showing highlights of the Global Rallycross Lites action around Fair Park in Dallas, TX. It seems like a pretty tough course. The Joker section looks pretty tough itself. I still think most of the other courses pale in comparison to that Dirtfish course up in the Seattle area.

GRC from Daytona has been wild so far. Foust and Sandell crash while leading semis, Millen has hrd accident in semis in his Shell-Pennzoil Hyundai, Speed's Beetle catches fire WHILE LEADING and Arpin benefits from all this carnage to get his first career GRC win...And that was just round 4.

I almost forgot... there will be some Global Rallycross action this weekend. I just remembered this after seeing a picture on Instagram yesterday or so. So enjoy the latest rounds from MCAS (or whatever the venue or name is) this weekend!

NBCSN shown highlights of the round at MCAS back on Thursday in Global Rallycross. What a muddy and rainy mess of a race! Congratulations to the winners.

So there's a video on social media of Liam Doran and his crew being a nuisance of himself at Gatebil Festival in Norway this weekend. Apparently he was on coke, was partying a bit too loudly, and kicked/jumped on some cars, fought with security and punched people. Not a whole lot of detail yet, but apparently Gatebil banned him, and I get the feeling if this indeed gets viral he's yet again in trouble with World RX and Monster...

Link below, I don't have audio on this computer so I can't tell if there's profanity (but probably)

Latest Posts

Back