International Rallycross Thread.

He's officially the worst face imaginable for British rallycross, and he always has been. Utter pillock.

I can't stand the guy and this isn't surprising to me in the slightest. He's always been incredibly rude, and unfortunately nothing like his dad Pat Doran, who I can't imagine will be too happy about this.

I've never met him (he was suspended by the FIA when I went to see the Canadian RX round in 2014, I believe) but he comes off as an even more unlikeable Martin Schanche. Toys out of the pram, my daddy's got a lot of money so I'm entitled to everything kind of attitude.

But to get banned from Gatebil, which is pretty much a free-for-all barely rules event, is quite an achievement. What a tosser.

At least Schanche had talent by the bucketload. Doran has the pace and consistency of a complete novice.

So there's a video on social media of Liam Doran and his crew being a nuisance of himself at Gatebil Festival in Norway this weekend. Apparently he was on coke, was partying a bit too loudly, and kicked/jumped on some cars, fought with security and punched people. Not a whole lot of detail yet, but apparently Gatebil banned him, and I get the feeling if this indeed gets viral he's yet again in trouble with World RX and Monster...

Link below, I don't have audio on this computer so I can't tell if there's profanity (but probably)

High on 80's coke? Let the blacklisting commence!

Let's see how much free time Chicherit has, eh

Might see a return of this monstrosity :D:D

GC%20jump%20LR.jpg

Just for poops and grins, is there a way they can get one of those Mini Dakar drivers to replace Doran, so we an finally see Mini logos on the car

Hasn't Olsbergs OSE always been responsible for building the Rallycross Fiestas while M-Sport built the WRC Fiestas?

Last edited:
The GRC race in DC was a real barn burner, lots of good racing and weather changes. congrats to Volkswagen's Scott speed on the victory

Oh but the Fiesta's aren't Ford nosiree we put Olsbergs badges over the top
They have to. If Ford don't officially back the teams, the teams can't call the cars Fords. The same thing happens in the WRC, where the Fiestas are formally recognised as M-Sport.

They have to. If Ford don't officially back the teams, the teams can't call the cars Fords. The same thing happens in the WRC, where the Fiestas are formally recognised as M-Sport.
1. Lots of Ford privateer teams still run as Fords, just look at the GRC.
2. M Sport just runs the team. The cars are still Ford Fiestas

I saw some highlights last night of the Global Rallycross rounds at Daytona and Washington D.C. Crazy action from both rounds! I think I even seen a 1st Half in review video of the 2016 World Rallycross season as well. Rallycross- it's nuts. And I love it!

Quite the RX Lites final in Canada. DeJong managing that crab through the whole race :lol:

Marklund piled into Solberg over the line. With Petter complaining of back pain (?) earlier in the day this can't have been nice.

I wish Petter Solberg well in recovering. Tough he's got to endure this sort of pain.

Quite a bit of controversy surrounding the disqualification of timur. From what I've understood they disqualified him for ramming heikkinen at the end of the final lap in the semi final. After watching the on board from timurs car I can't see any kind of contact that should provoke a disqualification.

NBC will supposedly show the finale of the 2016 season of Global Rallycross at about 4:00 PM EDT tiday. So unless you saw a livestream or something of who won the finale in the Port of Los Angeles, be sure to check out NBC to see the TV highlights of this race.

Of course Austin Dyne is as usual. Hope he sees himself out of the series very soon.

Also disappointed Subaru couldn't keep their form in the second part of the doubleheader. Atkinson had a blazing fast car.

Back