Interviews of Kazunori Yamauchi: See post 1. Translations, revelations & discussion.

• Thread starter aurelio_911
  • 749 comments
Gran Turismo 5
By: Xavier Ocampo, Japanese correspondent
Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 08:00

[....]
Just then came the story of the day. While we were listening to the sensei's dissertations, I noticed the presence of a woman. Quite attractive indeed. By turning my head a few degrees to see the rest of colleagues from the media, I could see that they also had "detected" the presence of the employee. Moreover, it appeared that nobody was paying attention to Yamauchi any more. All had their eyes fixed on the girl. It seemed so funny that I couldn't fight down a laugh. Absolutely innocent, I swear. It was all so hilarious. My companions immediately understood the reason for my laughter, as well as Yamauchi. Being nobody's fool, he told us, "You can take pictures and record video if you want." Although he did not specify whether it was the girl who had to immortalize, all ran like a pack of wolves stalking their prey. She immediately saw that she was the center of attention and posed very nicely (and with some embarrassment) in the middle of her work. This went on for several minutes until Yamauchi said, "I think that is enough, gentlemen." And on our way we went.
Kaz the pimp lol
And what's with those video games journalists :lol: ??

I WANT PICS of the CHICK in the article!!!! :dopey:

translatorgal.jpg

The promised gameblog interview : http://www.gameblog.fr/news_11676_gran-turismo-5-interview-de-kazunori-yamauchi
Absolutely nothing interesting. The Shenmue part in short : "If you would make an RPG, would it look like Shenmue ?" And KY goes on saying that yep, Shenmue matches his taste etc.
The only somewhat interesting thing is that they are currently implementing a damage engine that computes damages in real time upon speed and angle of impact instead of pre-generated damages.

Last edited:
Yep, they were saying "wait for the new interview blabla" and it's a 5 mins one without much content at all, pretty disappointing.

That disappoints me a lot..
But okay, luckily i didn't expect too much of it.
The french like it to do like they know everything to get our attention.
Was the same with the opm thing.

Yep, they were saying "wait for the new interview blabla" and it's a 5 mins one without much content at all, pretty disappointing.
No there's ONE important thing he said: all the versions will be READY, completed at the same time, so I guess we won't have to wait 1-3 months

nothing really big... but some confirmation.
So he says that both japanese, US, European GT5 will be finished in March.
So, after that date it will be in Sony's hands only...
He also confirm that it will not be pre-rendered crashed models like in every game but real time!
It sounds sweet!

Maybe there's more of this interview later, you know, embargo style?
Like the mysterious yet to be released trailer. After the Tokyo Motor show?

the journalist who did this interview has just posted a little comment (here http://www.gameblog.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=19231 ) to explain why there is so few new infos.
He say's that all the press had only 15 minutes each with kaz' including the traduction...
Then he explain that questions are in fact much more incisive but it's kaz' who choose the way he (doesn't) answer.
He also say's he's as frustrated as us not having more infos...

hey real time deformation is big, there were only few games that actually done this and none of them were hightech like gt5, and none of them offered licensed cars.

carmagedon 2, burnout paradise... end of list ?

i wonder how far will they go with real time deformation , ofcourze they won't hurt driver but burnout paradise cars deformed well without destroying driver seat etc.

:)

edit, hope they add this to normal cars.. :)

but watching it from diffrent side, cars could look like crap after smashing into something, and i mean polycount or some glitches..

I sure don't like the sound of this part

GB: Players have changed since the original Gran Turismo. How does GT adapt to this?
KY: You would notice that in Gran Turismo for PSP, game progression was accelerated. Before this, it took hours and hours to collect all cars and complete all license tests, this is not true anymore. This is a trend we are considering the possibility for GT5.

Within a few days of owning GT PSP I had 13 million credits and almost 800 cars. Cash is just thrown at you (many cars came from sharing too). I made 1,015,000 credits for a single 2 lap race on Nurburgring.

Jay
I sure don't like the sound of this part

Within a few days of owning GT PSP I had 13 million credits and almost 800 cars. Cash is just thrown at you (many cars came from sharing too). I made 1,015,000 credits for a single 2 lap race on Nurburgring.

that fast ? few days ? .. :scared:

hope gt5 will be the same pace as gt4 without stupid 3 part championships with 25k for first place and xxxxxxxx 350z for 250k , it was stupid as hell.

make the same system from gt 4 25 k wins for 3 race championship and xxxxxxxx 350z car worth 250 k you unlock to buy.

in gt4 there were more stupidies like this for eg. one only one special event with one track (rather easy) when you could get a car for a 300k ....

1 h of this special event = 1000000 -1500000 cr ....

hope they fix it.

to me gt was always about few cars you treasure rather catch them all.

Love this quote:

I will probably surprise you but, since more than 10 years I design Gran Turismos we never told ourselves that we were the best, the numbers one. As far as I search in my memories, I can't remember a moment when we felt satisfied with what we've achieved because we always want to make it better.

Oh snap...

Yes, KY did say in other interviews that GT PSP awards money about 10 times faster than GT5 will.

In other interviews Kaz said that in GT5 you won't get so much $/cars that fast.

Yes indeed,
I remember very well an interview where he said that in GT5 you will not be able to get cars etc that fast.
And he was very clear on that point so..

I think there has to be a balance. GT3 was in my view the best GT game because the progression was very balanced. GT4 on the other hand didn't feel that way, as you had a myriad of makers races where your investment on the car wouldn't even compensate what you got at the end. And if had to complete the equivalent of 2 or 3 24 hour race to get a $4 million car. I really hope GT5 has some of that balance back and allows you to have a nice RPGish progression through the game.

I wish my PS3 would play GT4 and GT3. I really want to be able to experience those titles. I just don't have any interest in picking up a PS2 used or new :(

I hear such good things about GT4.

I wish my PS3 would play GT4 and GT3. I really want to be able to experience those titles. I just don't have any interest in picking up a PS2 used or new :(

I hear such good things about GT4.
While it may not technically be legal without owning a PS2, if you have a fairly strong PC you could go the emulation route. 👍

Back