Interviews of Kazunori Yamauchi: See post 1. Translations, revelations & discussion.

  • Thread starter Thread starter aurelio_911
  • 749 comments
  • 127,985 views
Engine modelling is maybe for the cars with damage as you can see it when there is damage to the bonnet?
 
Those orange things (under the track map) look like tire grip meters, but not sure...
But that thing above the timer... wind direction? :p

Looks like some cross with some orangey thing, looks like some sort of a g force meter
 
Looks like some cross with some orangey thing, looks like some sort of a g force meter

Yes, yes. A g-force meter for debugging.
 
how much money has their local toy shop made !
 
Looks like some cross with some orangey thing, looks like some sort of a g force meter

Could be, but I what's the use of it? :confused:
Wind direction would be more useful IMO.

Edit: Debugging with a g-force-meter?
 
Could be, but I what's the use of it? :confused:
Wind direction would be more useful IMO.

For debugging the physics. It's for them, not us.
 
Theres also another blob at the bottom left, any ideas as to what that is?

I thought that would be tire wear and engine/gearbox damage, but I could easily be wrong.
 
There are plenty of uses for a g-meter. Comparing setups, measuring effect of upgrades, finding limits, etc.
 
I'm almost sure it's El Capitan.
And you can clearly see a new Cathedral Rocks tear drop shaped layout. 👍
 
NBH
Engine modelling is maybe for the cars with damage as you can see it when there is damage to the bonnet?

Well, if that's true, then that means deformation for road cars as well!...assuming it is from the SLR. If not, I hope as someone mentioned, engine swaps.
 
There are plenty of uses for a g-meter. Comparing setups, measuring effect of upgrades, finding limits, etc.

I never found the G-force meter in GT5P useful for any of that.
 
g-force meters like gtr has... at 100%
EL CAPITAIN surely...
 
4pm update about Resident Evil. At least another half hour till video.
 
Am I alone in thinking that this slow drip of information is pretty exciting? :lol:
 
Am I alone in thinking that this slow drip of information is pretty exciting? :lol:


Not alone. Its an excellent way of driving traffic to gameblog's website. Im checking back every half hour since thats how often they update it, but its guaranteed many people are still checking site every minute.

The stats for average length of time spent on the website will be very healthy this month.
 
Am I alone in thinking that this slow drip of information is pretty exciting? :lol:

I'm with you. It's pretty cool enough for me to see a lot them busy at it.

As for them to be detailing engines like that, it has to mean something, otherwise it'd be a waste of time really. So please, let it mean something! If road cars were to just have scratches, there'd be no need for such thing.
 
just looking at these pictures show how much time it must take to do just one car
 
Under the track layout are
R -:--.---
Last -:--.---
Lap -:--.---
So I was wrong about tire/damage indicators.
 
It's past 3 PM.
Where is the damn thing!
 
well, the mystery of why the game is taking so long is solved thanks to these pics.
Way too many cute girls in there to pay attention to work.

b
 
Back