Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,836 comments
Hi GTPlanet,
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - always been around reading GT forums
  • Where are you from? - Sydney, Australia
  • When did you start playing racing games? - cant remember, its been ages, but the earliest driving game i can remember playing was Outrun at the local arcade, or Test Drive on the commodore 64
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - yes, Thrustmaster T300RS GT in a cheap unknown brand sim rig
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Street Fighter
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - GT7 news and info
I'm 59 and recently discovered GT7, Assetto Corza Competizionne and having a blast. Discoveredgtplanet searching the net for all things GT7. Hope to learn with all of you as I'm a Newbie. Thanks.

Hi to everyone !!
I was watching Gran Turismo content in YouTube long time ago, and learn how to mod GT5 & GT6, there was links to this forum. I'm from Spain,(north) and began to play GT4 on PS2 in 2005. Other games like Toca Race Driver, NFS Saga, MGS, GTASanAndreas and much more on PS3. 2 weeks ago I'm trying Forza Motorsport on XCloud. I'm using a DFGT wheel now. I would like to play online with other guys to have a good time. I need some help to uninstall SpecII mod from GT6 to install Online mod on it.
¿Any guide or FAQ ? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Found GTPlanet when browsing google for questions about a glitch i found
Canada
i just use controllers
forza horizon series stole my heart
just answering and asking question :)

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

My name is John and I’m new to all of this. I’m not very techie so if I’m doing this wrong I apologize. Little about me. I’m a bodyman by trade and have been working on recked cars and restoring them for over 20+years. Favorite so far is a 73’ Datsun 510 with a built N/A SR20 swap. Currently on a 01 IS300 with the 2j. Also my 89 mk3 Supra 7mgte is next, which the theme will be Gossamer from loony toons.
I’ve loved everything about cars since I was little. I have Hot Wheels collection of over2500 cars. Love to draw and fabricate things too, so why not do that to the real thing. It just made sense and wouldn’t have it any other way.
I have played almost all the Gran Turismo Games but 5 and 6, no ps3. I still have my OG PlayStation, ps2 and now ps4 which I got for free out of a trunk of a totaled car! My favorite is actually gt2, all the cars and mods blew my mind! Plus being a teenager gave me all the time to master it even though you couldn’t technically finish the game to 100%
Found this sight looking for tunes for the cars in gt7 which they are very helpful in the game. I did all my tuning in the first three wich I was heavily into at the time. Had notebooks of toons for all the cars and tracks. Had Tom’s Supra doing under minute lap times on Trailmountian both directions in gt1!:)
This sight is great and very informational on multiple subjects in the game. I’m very busy with family and work so when I get a chance to play or post I will. Thank you and look forward to being part of the community!
P.S. Gt7 needs the Chrysler concept car from gt1 and TVR Speed12!:)

Hi everbody in this great community. I was reading a few months silently but finally registered today.

• How did you find GTPlanet? I googled for a Gran Turismo Forum and I guess I found the best one existing.
  • Where are you from? Germany
  • When did you start playing racing games? As a kid on the Amiga 500. I played every Gran Turismo exept GT Sport. I Just bought my PS5 because of GT7 and since a month a got VR2. I only play GT7.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I use a Logitech G29 but I want to upgrade soon.
  • What other games do you enjoy? I only play GT7.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? I don´t know yet.

Hello,
    • Gran Turismo brought me here in some form. Searched for infos and found this forum
  • Where are you from?
    • Germany, North-Rhine-Westphalia
    • Played GT2, GT3, GT4 when I was young. Now I'm back with a PS5 and GT7
    • Just controller at the moment, but will change this on christmas
    • Latest game, different from GT7 was Super Mario Wonder and Returnal
    • Discuss and get tips from the GT7 sectio

Hi everybody!
I am new to the forum. I used to play Gran Turismo 4 on my PS2 back in 2008/2010 and haven´t played any racing games since I gave my son Gran Turismo 7 for PS5 as a birthday present. I am amazed by the evolution in all these years!!
I rediscovered gtplanet recently and decided to create an user for the forums.
I am 42 years old and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I play with the PS5 controller. Maybe for my son's birthday next year I can upgrade to a steering wheel.
Looking forward to sharing my passion for cars with the rest of the community!

• Where are you from?

• Reading a news article about GT Sophy
  • Where are you from?
    • US
    • Last Saturday. (No joke) I just wanted to check out GT7 on my PSVR2; kinda got hooked.
    • Currently borrowing my son-in-law's Thrustmaster T150 on a small, wobbly table. I bought a G923 that should be here today. 🤞 My "GT Lite Simulator Cockpit" should be here later this week. Also:🤞
    • Shooters, stealth, puzzles
    • Reading previous posts and learning from the folks that know how to play this game. I'm quite awful. (I likely won't post much)

Hey all!

How did you find GTPlanet?
- I was googling to see if Côte d'Azur would be in GT7

Where are you from?
- Originally the PNW, but now in Tampa, FL

When did you start playing racing games?
- Played a shareware demo for The Need for Speed back in the 90s, have been playing various racers ever since

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
-Not yet, but that's next on my shopping wishlist

What other games do you enjoy?
- Madden, The Crew, Diablo, NFS, MGS

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
- Learning how to be a better driver and bringing positivity

Last edited:
  • How did you find GTPlanet? Web browsing
  • Where are you from? Manchester, uk
  • When did you start playing racing games? 5 years ago

• Do you play with a steering wheel? Yes
  • If so, what kind do you use? Thrustmaster tx
  • What other games do you enjoy? Cod

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Hopefully entering a ac series, and advise / inspiration about diy rigs

Hi everyone !

After searching tune for GT7 cars on google :D
  • Where are you from?
From France <3
I started in 2003 with Colin McRae 3 <3
I don't have steering wheel but it's not impossible that I'll get one in the future!
The list is a bit longer I love many kinds of games! Actualy on my PS5 I play FC24, Spider-man 2, The Crew Motorfest and AC Valhalla. But I also like Nintendo Games, many cards games (Magic, Yu-gi-oh!... and and especially Marvel Snap <3), strategie games and a lot more !!
Learn to become a better driver while maintaining maximum driving pleasure !

• Where are you from?

Hi, I was playing EA racing games for many years on pc. From around 2004 or earlier. Then about 2 years ago EA banned me without reason, yes they could not give me a reason. I changed to GT7 and found your site a few months ago when I struggled with a race.
I also play RDR2 and COD Warzone on playstation. Want to upgrade my old pc to try ARMA 3.
Totally new with chatting on this type of platform.
Kind regards.

• Where are you from?

Hi!
I found GT Planet while searching hints and tips for GT7. I am from the UK - Cornwall to be precise. I started playing racing games with Top Gear Rally on the N64 on 1997 when I was 20. I use a controller rather than a wheel - having played racing games since the only option was controller I am more comfortable with them, plus I enjoy creating liveries and find that a controller is easier for this. As well as racing games, I enjoy playing Far Cry games and Call of Duty as well as Jurassic Park Evolution 2. I have joined the community in the hope to discover tips for my racing games and offering my own ideas.

• How did you find GTPlanet? Fairly certain I came here from Reddit when someone linked to both Praiano and Exeter's Tuning threads when offering tips for GT Noobs.
  • Where are you from? Las Vegas.
  • When did you start playing racing games? Pole Position was my first racing game that I put some time into. Definitely aging myself with that answer. I have seriously slept on Gran Turismo for most of its existence. Better late than never.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No, but I absolutely plan to get one. I play primarily in VR with a Woojer Vest 3 Haptic vest and some quality-sounding In-Ear Monitor Headphones. I use the Motion Controls on my Dual Sense Edge controller. The dopamine rush from the sights, sounds, and the feeling of the engine roar in that cockpit is what hooked me. I know the wheel, seat, and pedals are necessary to complete the sim experience that VR and Core Haptics have done for me.
  • What other games do you enjoy? A bunch but most recently Cyberpunk 2077, Hogwarts Legacy, Demeo, Beatsaber, Horizon Call of the Mountain, and SynthRiders.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Keep being a sponge until I feel more comfortable and confident to help others.

• Where are you from?

as i just started racing AC (play VR only, gt7....so....bond to console.
Then ac, then "aha cm&csp&sol&pure&mods&mods%soMCHwonderfulMods....
So i am stuck to AC with a brand new VR gaming pc on rtx4090 base...
Playing "an ancient racing game" 24/7

So....the way to endup here was...just ....clicking.
Clicking here, therte d, mods yeah..

german
I am playboy, so i love many games....^^

I am not looking for anything in particular. Ijust click on mods&moreMods&hereAclickthereaclickeverywhere`saCLICKCLICK....

:0)

Hi there!
Living in southern France, 45yrs old, simracer since GP4, GTR2, Rfactor (even before in 1991 with Microprose Formula one GP), skinner on GTR2, playing with an old G25 I would love to replace, I play more rarely than before (kids around :-)on RF2, ACC and started to upgrade my AC with some nice stuff (CSP, Pure, Sol) and looking for great mods/skins as well, that's how basically I found you! I am a big fan of Le Mans (I went there every year since 1983) especially in love with Group C and GTs from 90s era. I'd love to see LM/IMSA/WEC grids completed especially 80-99 years. Happy to join and to meet cool and passionate guys and why not racing online again soon.
Mat

Hello all. I'm from the United States. I'm 33 years old.
First started playing racing games with the N64 and gt64 championship edition. Been playing Gran Turismo since gt2 with my older brother. The rest is history 🤣
I own a wheel a PS3 Logitech driving force gt wheel with a brooks rasi1ution converter. No input delay which is nice. Just not what I use most of the time lol
I enjoy multiple games including my old PS2 games still. I own a fat PS2, an original PS4 and an original Xbox one. All slightly or heavily modified 😂
I really just wanna engage with the community more, maybe learn how to tune better in gt7 as well

• Where are you from?

Hi Jordan,
I race with TCR, Tidg mentioned your site for setups. I enjoy setting up cars, motorbikes and sim rigs
I’m currently in Australia
started racing games during Covid
my rig is a Trac Racer 160 with a Fanatec DDR Pro and load cell pedals
i’m interested in sharing experiences, in being faster and improving the online racing community

Hi there,
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - Can't remember how and can't remember when. Have been reading GTPlanet for a very long time now, as it is my main source of information regarding racing games for a long time now
  • Where are you from? - Poland, Bytom
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Around 1996 when I got my first PSX
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - My G29 died last year (was reanimated succesfully twice), so I got my hands on CSL Elite+ base/ Pedals V2 and Mclaren GT steering wheel
  • What other games do you enjoy? - I play most of genres, but racing games are my favourite
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - I was following some of GT7 forum threads for some time now and decided to start posting as well. It's always nice to have a place where I can share my experiences and to have people that I can maybe learn something from :)

Hi

I was searching Google for recommended PSVR2 settings Feb 2023 and learnt about GTPlanet.
  • Where are you from?
    Poland, Warsaw
    Around 1996, first EA Need For Speed on my uncle's PC.
    G920, but considering T300RS. I don't mind gamepad for Forza or GT7 though.
    Forza, ACC and from other genres: Mass Effect trilogy, Witcher, Pro Evolution Soccer, Jagged Alliance
    Discussing how disappointed I am about lack of proper single player in modern racing games and learning how to tune cars in GT7 :P

• I was looking for some info about sim racing. I am a long time reader of GT Planet.
  • Where are you from?
  • I'm from Spain.
  • Back in 2017.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? Yes. Logitech Pro wheel.
  • If so, what kind do you use? Basically online racing.
  • Adventure games.
  • Learn about the sim racing world and its gadgets.

Hi all, I recently rediscovered GT2, some 23 years after my original copy got stolen. I've racked up dozens of hours in the last 5 weeks or so, trying all sorts of cars I never touched (nor knew existed) back in the day, and I'm having a blast. I stumbled on GTPlanet after finding Parnelli Bone's excellent GT Car Reviews site, and decided to join so I could fly the flag for the 67/68 Toyota 2000GT. :)

I'm from Australia.
Started playing racing games casually in the late 80s or early 90s. The original GT was the first serious racing game, that I took seriously.
Tried a couple of wheels ages ago but I was useless with them, so I use a controller. One day I'll graduate to analogue acceleration and braking. :)
Mario Kart series and GT1,2,4 are the only racing games I put much time into, although I'm always on the lookout for racing games that work on the small Nintendo Switch screen. I play heaps of other genres.
I'm looking forward to trawling through old posts for the first few games in the series - I've never even touched a PS3, 4 or 5 so can't see myself getting into later GT games any time soon. I'm also looking forward to hearing which other cars people find fun to drive - it's not all about power. :)

•Found this thread looking for engine swaps and ways to convert decals
•United States
•Started with Gran Turismo 3 at eight y/o
•I have a Thrustmaster T-80 which is a nightmare to even try and use
•Any if it involves friends
•Exploring advice and tips for GT7

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I found GT Planet through a FB page for Grand Turismo 7
Originally from US but lived in EU for 35 years currently in Netherlands
I started gaming first time ever 11 months ago
Using the Logitech Pro Pedals and Wheel -PS4
Dakkar, Project cars, GT7, Asset Corsa Comp, Rally 2.0, WRC, Moto GP, F1 2021
Looking forward to learning about tunes / settings and improve my skills.

Hello. I've been lurking around GTPlanet for a very long time, read a lot, but just now decided to make an account to join the conversations here.

• Found GTPlanet by random search more than 15 years ago.
  • USA, California. We're blessed by a lot of good driving roads and rich car culture here.
  • GT2 got me started racing sim back in early 2000.
  • I used to play with Logitec wheels on GT4. Sold everything to fund college life. Now, I am back again on GT7 with just DualSense "steering in the air".
  • All of Metal Gear series, Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Sekiro.
  • Just looking to share car tunning parameters. I've driven close to 25K miles on GT7 (500 hrs on the game, 200 hrs driving). I spent most of my time doing time attack and tune the cars. Looking forward to join a lot of good discussions here.

hi :) .mauri. argentinian,27 years. Gt2 and gt4 my passions
  • How did you find GTPlanet? google
  • Where are you from?argentina
  • When did you start playing racing games? nfs hot pursuit in psone
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? nop. only keyboard or joystick
  • What other games do you enjoy? any racing games (burnout,flatout,nfs,gran turismo,midnight club,ets,ats,etc,etc)
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? try to help those who need it

• Where are you from?

Hello!!

Found thanks to Reddit :)
Texas!
As early as GT1. 97 baby :)
No but hopefully one day.
FPS, and a good RPG.
Hopefully provide info not already found on here, and learn from already existing info :)

Back