Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,890 comments
Hello, Luke, late 30's, Tasmania, Australia.
Found Gtplanet looking for information on GT7.
First racing game was Mario Kart, second GT1.
Universal on controllers.
Had a decent go at the Grand Turismo series and anything else on the way.
Striving for a Platnium Medal (PS5) and take interest in appropiate game mechanics for better success.
Hesitate not for sharing any known guidance for others in need.

I’ve known about GTPlanet for a while and have been sent here via Google searches many times to get answers to questions relating to GT7.

I’m originally from the UK, but now live in Japan.

The first racing game that I got obsessed with was Sega Rally on the Sega Saturn. Me and my best friend at school did nothing but play the Desert stage over and over trying to beat each other’s best time.

I play with a wheel, and my first wheel was the second generation Logitech Momo wheel that sounded like you were torturing R2D2 whenever you tried to catch a slide. I used an old joystick as a clutch pedal to learn heel-toe downshifting.
Nowadays I’m using a Logicool G Pro Racing Wheel & Pedals, with the dinky Driving Force Shifter, mounted to a Playseat Trophy, thoroughly enjoying Gran Turismo 7 in PSVR2.

IMG_3310.jpeg

I’m a fan of most genres of games, but started getting into sim racing in the mid-2000’s with LiveForSpeed on PC, and a bit of iRacing before I moved away and didn’t bring my PC.

I’m here because a Google keeps sending me here whenever I try to search something about GT7 or wheel settings. Seems to be the place with all the answers. As well as news regarding updates etc.

IMG_9376.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hi. Im from Portugal found gtplanet searching for gt7 car tune,im playing with ps5 controller but going to have gt dd pro bought just waiting for it,im happy to join gtplanet community and start play with you all

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Google/reddit
Houston Texas
Og Grant iris no & og need for speed
Not yet
Too many to list
Give help with tuning and get help with uploading decals on gt7

• Where are you from?

Found GT planet via Google.
From South Africa.
Started with the OG racing game: Need for Speed 1994.
Wheel user, G29.
Over 60 games in my arsenal, it's diverse.
Having someone smarter than me answer a question instead of a robot.

• Where are you from?

I'm posting in the hope someone knows more than me here.
I have tried on multiple occasions to change the livery on my Ford GT Race Car '18. I have saved it several times, both in the "Livery Editor" and again in "Save Style". Whilst in GT Auto, in both the "Livery Editor" and GT Auto garage itself, the livery looks perfect. But it will not allow me to save a base colour past this point. No matter what I do the base colour reverts to black. Doesn't matter if it's race track, scapes, or on the track. It also takes forever to save, only to revert back to a black livery and has, on occasion, stalled me PlayStation completely trying to save the cars livery.
Please, please, please help!
#Granturismo7
#granturismo
#problems
#livery
#granturismo7liveryeditor
#granturismo7fordgt
#ford
#fordgt
#racecar

• Where are you from?

I recently purchased a PS5 and GT7. I used to play years ago when the first version of the game was released. I was a member of the EZGT forum and would race there although back then we uploaded replays with a dex drive and the best legal time won. I was looking around to see if it still existed and found GT planet. Are there any players around from the EZGT days?
I’m from the United States.
I started my love of racing games with the Gran Turismo series.
I have recently purchased a Logitech Pro wheel and pedal set. It will be delivered this week. I’ve only been playing GT7 for about two weeks now but have already fell back in love with it. I can’t wait to play online in real time once I get my skill level back in shape.
Right now GT7 is the only game I’m playing but may give ACC a try
I’m looking forward to sharing my love of the sport ,learning from more experienced driver/tuners and hopefully racing against other members.

Last edited:
Greetings Everyone,

• I found gtplanet with a Web search
  • I’m from Texas, USA
  • Been playing racing games since PS1 was released
  • Yes, I use a wheel and racing rig
  • FPS’s mainly
  • I’m here to learn as much as I can about the cars, tuning setups and probably will eventually progress to some online/multiplayer races

How did you find GTPlanet? Searching for older racing groups.
Where are you from? Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
When did you start playing racing games? Playstation 2
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Thrustmaster TS with Sparco Addon
What other games do you enjoy? Baldurs Gate 3,
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Meeting people and sharing a love of motorsport.

• Where are you from?

I found GTPlanet after using the website for Gt7 info and tips.

United kingdom

When I was about 7-8 on PS3

I play with a Thrustmaster T150 wheel, TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals

I enjoy Far Cry games as well as The Crew 2, Snowrunner, Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Need For Speed just to name a few.

Sharing an opinion on Gt7 updates and sharing my wishlist for future updates

Hi everyone. I'm Amir from Malaysia.

I found GTPlanet when I was searching for the tuning calculator for Gran Turismo 7 and found the GT7 Tuning Calculator on this site. On Forza Games, I'm using ForzaTuner Pro app. :embarrassed:

I started playing racing games around the 2000's, during that time, game Sega Rally Championships. Now, the latest racing games I play because of weekly event commitments are Forza Horizon 5 and Gran Turismo 7. Also Forza Motorsport 2023, but only play a while because of the bug I faced on Build Cup (Career Mode, infinity save loading issues). NFS Unbound Story Mode is done, but Multiplayer (Online) does not play much.

I have a steering wheel, Logitech G923 with Shifter (Manual) and USB Handbrake. Only use the wheel for cruising and during racing events, I'm sticking with the controller because I have skills issues using wheels in the racing games. :guilty:

There are a lot of games that I do enjoy, the most game I have played recently is Cyberpunk 2077, Valorant, and Counter-Strike 2.

I'm looking forward to any sharing opinions, tips, and guidelines that are related to Racing games, especially Gran Turismo 7. :D

Thanks for having me guys and nice to meet with everyone! :gtpflag:

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hiya all!
Found GTPlanet half a year ago or so while looking for tunes for a racing group i take part in (GTSRL, check them out for clean league racing)
I am from the Netherlands!
i started playing racing games since i was like 5 or 6 (10+ years ago) with CARS games on the wii!
I play with a G29 + shifter, but kinda looking to upgrade but haven't got the funds for that as of now
I enjoy other games like GTA or FPS games
Tbh i'm not gonna do much i think, mostly ask around for tuning help
Looking forward to the fun I'm gonna have here!

• Where are you from?

Hello ,
I found GTPlanet on Google when i was looking for GT Forums
I reside in India
I have been playing racing games since GT2
I was playing on a G20 on the PS3 - right now with a controller - Upgrade coming soon
CoD / Overwatch / WRC / ACC
I look forward to joining racing league lobbies and championships

Hello ,
I found GTPlanet on Google when i was looking for GT Forums
I reside in India
I have been playing racing games since GT2
I was playing on a G20 on the PS3 - right now with a controller - Upgrade coming soon
CoD / Overwatch / WRC / ACC
I look forward to joining racing league lobbies and championships
What is your PSN id so I can add you as a friend.

Hey everyone, i'm just making simple vids with some graphic mods. Happy to find about this place, i've been simracng for a while but got back to AC just a few months ago, and the mod thread is a goldmine.

I'm from the Country That Can't Be Named

If anyone interrested i mainly do ppfilters, NeckFX presets, CSP settings and Reshade presets.

Here's a popular vid for example :

Been simracing for a couple decades (started with Vroom on Atari ST :lol:) , huge GPL fan, and mainly driving vintage cars, usually in some kind of free rider form rather than competitive. Drifts before chrono.

Driving with a 7yo T300 RS with a sparco round wheel and TLCM pedals. Used to have a chinese shifter that didn't make it thru the Lotus 49, looking to get a fancy new one.

Used to be in a few leagues from RF to Project cars (1&2), a few months into Iracing, but never really found the time to get 100% into it. Still had a few highlights and wins there and there.

Thank for the website, hope i'll reach to some of you guys here.

Peace,

Ben

• Where are you from?
I I found you tea planted on Chrome just looked it up I do not use a steering wheel I use a PlayStation controller I'm looking forward to being competitive on the internet and on the scene I'm ready to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings to all, I found a place for another modder, I am OscarG, some time ago I was playing Rfactor where I began to create my own works, at the time in the community where I belonged 90% emigrated for the simulator Assetto Corsa, for economic reasons my pc could not with that simulator and I continued for a while in Rfactor, the day came that one told me that he had a program to create circuits and rally stages for Assetto Corsa and I decided to acquire it and I started modeling projects, today I still use it but less, I started modeling with sketchup and I switched to blender and a little 3dmax for my work, all self-taught, I still have and use the G25 steering wheel, my economy does not allow me great things, but I do create great works or so I hope.https:// youtu.be/o8Ya3ynJvks?si=sfmp6CMfV7sK9alN

• Where are you from?

I came across this site when I was looking for a track, I can't remember which one, but here I found it
Ukraine
in 2000xx, GTR2!
Yes? Logitech
-----
I would like to learn how to build tracks

Hello all,
Eric from France 50 maried 2 kids 10 and 12.
Had a long brake from gran tourismo , last i play was gt5 a long time ago.
Christmas bring a ps4 for kids et a gt7 copy for me but it happens my daughter of ten enjoy it.
I really enjoy coming back to GT after years , dissapointement when i found out my g25 is not supported.
So for the moment back to controler.
I'm really happy to find that the gtplanet community still alive , remember me good time .
Thank you all for all the sharing hère

Katnomad

• Where are you from?

Hi all, I'm a 72 year old in the UK. Have played the gt series since it started, still going strong. Found you through a gt7 community
Thanks for creating this forum

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hello, I heard about this website on reddit
I'm from the UK
I've been playing racing games since ridge racer on the ps1 and I've played GT since GT1
I don't use steering wheels
I enjoy the resident evil series, metal gear solid, devil may cry, survival horror, Cyberpunk, mass effect to name a few
Looking forward to interacting with the GT community maybe share driving tips, car set ups etc

I'm looking to download gt6 spec II mod. Mostly because of the car sounds
nam
photo proof says 2
no
most car games and fps shooters
idk i might come here when i start modding Gran tourismo games

Hi everyone,
  • I found GT Planet while looking for different tunes on YT for specific cars for GT7
  • I am originally from Australia and now reside in the UK
  • First started grinding Gran Turismo on PS with a group of petrol head friends who loved to do back-to-back and a lot of endurance races. (Poor console didn’t see the off switch much!)
  • Was hoping for the release of Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
  • I am hoping to expand my knowledge and have specific builds for certain races and create some masterbuilds which I will most likely share once established a little more
  • Big thanks to the creator and the community for allowing us this platform to share with each other and spread the knowledge and joy of racing!
  • P.S. my first car - 1976 Honda Civic, metallic blue with gold rims!

Back