Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,740 comments
Hi All,

I found gtPlanet via you tube, and am looking forward to trying to improve my lap times further as well as diving deeper into the mechanics of GT7.

I'm in New Zealand and have been playing GT since the first, but never really fully indulging until GT7.

I'm currently playing with a Dualsense controller (the paddles are fantastic and were great in helping transition from racing with an automatic to a manual gearbox), but also have a logitech G29 wheel that doesn't' get much use due to space limitations, and a PSVR2 headset.

As for other games, I've played shooters and the like in the past, but have been finding them less interesting in the past couple of years, preferring to stick with driving games but mostly GT7.
I've been looking at Trackmainia and finding it interesting, but still trying to get a handle on the mechanics of the game.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Searched sim racing forums
I am from Croatia
I dont... i like electronics
I play with g29
I am trying to find answers to my problem

I found GTPlanet when looking for stuff on GT5/6 a few years back
United Kingdom
I started playing racing games as early as I can remember with Burnout Legends on PSP
Yes, I do play with a steering wheel but only Assetto Corsa
I mostly play racing games but am getting into other game genres such as FPS/RPG
Mainly getting into Gran Turismo and meeting new people

Hey man, welcome!! My name is Chris. GTplanet is an awesome website, I'm so glad I found it in August 2021. Best move I made.
I'm glad I found it now aswell, Cuz I can't figure out what detail stuff I need to do, for each advanced Licences/Qualifications/Race etc. So hopefully I'll be able to advance the most I've been able to do in any of the previous Gran Turismo games Lol 😂

I've been here for quite some time already, but I figured I'd join in into the thread since I consider myself still a new member (and a total noob)
I've known the site for quite some time through a friend of mine, never cared to create an account until now
  • Where are you from?
Luxembourg!
At the age of 5, starting off with GT3, although GT4 came out that year before
I only recently started to play GT7 more with a steering wheel, as I finally finished building a setup with a friend. I am sporting a Thrustmaster T150, with Thrustmaster TGT pedals that this same friend gifted me
Many indie games, JRPG's, sandbox, one or two FPS, and I also sometimes have MMORPG-phases
To get to know all the people, share my stuff and hopefully get into friendly battles on the asphalt (in game ofc)

Last edited:
Hey guys, new here not to GT7 or ACC when I’m feeling braver 😂

UK
Found GTplanet searching for DR tips for Sport Mode in GT7

I’m currently DR B and kinda struggling to get further than that tbh - I keep rebounding between C and B and it’s getting frustrating! I win most races in DR C Lobbies without much trouble, yet when I get to decent B Lobbies I really struggle!

Currently running with a Fanatec GT DD Pro and CSL Pedals with the load cell brake

Looking forward to diving in here!

Last edited:
Hello, My name is Patrick. Old kid (still) playing games and collecting retro games and consoles. Most games I like are racing games.
    Googled for best car setups for some cars in GT7
  • Where are you from?
    Netherlands
    in 1982 Grand Prix in on the Atari 2600, yes I am that old :D
    Trustmaster T248 mounted on a Playseat, 85" TV. since a week racing with VR2 which is awesome
    Mario games, Zelda, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Stray, Forza Horizon 5, F1 2023, Dirt 5, Starfield
    For now reading and getting better at racing with tips and tricks I find here. Help people with technical question regarding hard- and software. Later when I have more (driving) experience in GT7 share my tips.

Last edited:
I've known this site for a long time. I looked for information about the Gran Turismo series
  • Where are you from?
Poland
The first racing game I remember well is NFS Porsche 2000. I bought it when it debuted on PC. Last time I turned it on, I set camera in interior in all directions on analog stick. The first Gran Turismo game I encountered was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
I'm thinking about Logitech G29, but I don't have a gaming steering wheel
Simple adventure FPS and older games, including racing ones. I played a lot of the Need for Speed series
I think I'll take some tips from the community

Hello I'm David 43 years old gamer on Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport
  • How did you find GTPlanet? from another forum
  • Where are you from? France
  • When did you start playing racing games? since Sega Rally
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? no steering wheel
  • What other games do you enjoy? RPG
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? finding help to make car covering

Hi!

I found GTplanet through various other GT communities such as YouTube and Reddit but signed up here because I feel like it’s more active and easier to engage with!

I am from Ireland

First racing games I remember playing were GT1, Micro Racers? and some older f1 games on PlayStation 1-2! Didn’t play another racing game until I picked up GT Sport again during Covid

I play with a controller, I might invest in a steering wheel in the future

Other games I am a fan of are the Metal Gear Solid series, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy and many other early playstation 1 classics as that era really sculpted out my gaming interest and I’ve kind of stuck to what I know since

What I’m most looking forward to doing in this community is just engaging in discussion of a game that I really enjoy. I don’t have much time for gaming anymore but I’m quite content with everything Gran Turismo has to offer. Originally came here for Livery inspiration but also look forward to discussing Sport mode races with others too!

😁

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

I found gt planet white searching for a league to participate in daily in GT7. I start playing racing games on the first games as far back as the first games on the original NES and Sega. Played the first 3 versions of Gran Turismo then, as I became preoccupied with building a family I lost interest, and more realistically, the time to invest, and hadn't even picked up a controller in over 20 years. This past Christmas I bought my son a new PS5, and inherited his old PS4 and took it on the road with me as I'm a long haul truck driver. I've been playing GT7 religiously since and have rekindled my love for the playdemic masterpiece. I look forward to competing with similar skill levels in league play. I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada and have recently purchased a used Logitech G29 wheel and pedals. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,

From the UK but live in Australia.

Played Gran Turismo from the first on the PS1 and have played every game with the exception of GT Sport (didnt have console at the time of release) since up to GT7 on PS4, although cant say I'm too flash at any of them, but have a huge fondness for the series and have played many hours from when I was young. Getting into racing games more now and also spend a lot of time in Assetto Corsa offline with the basic logitech g29 setup, but don't get too much time these days.

Found GT Planet through my nostalgia for the older titles in the GT series, and my interest in the modding community around them, although I have virtually no technical knowledge. (I do remember really enjoying Forza Motorsport 4 on Xbox 360 too back in the day.)

Play other games now and again, pretty varied Total War, Halo, Sonic (as you do), Battlefield, flight sim.

Cheers.

Hi

Backed into the Gran Turismo franchise when I purchased a PS3 in 2016. Bought GT 6 with the machine and found a gently used copy of GT5 at the same store. Shot myself in the foot with GT5 for awhile which is where I discovered the concept of "grinding"...went seeking internet assistance which is how I found your site...

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Played every Nintendo racing game since the last century

Tried a wheel during the Nintendo years, wasn't really happy with it for various reasons (storage, etc.). Can't afford one any more...

Used to be a fan of soccer games until they out-clevered themselves and sucked all of the fun out of them. No patience for shooter game stuff...

All aboard for the nuggets of wisdom I can find to make my racing experiences more enjoyable. So far, so good!!

• Where are you from?

Hello to all Gran Turismo fans on GTplanet!

I'm new to the game at 51, but my passion for cars and racing is unwavering. I'm thrilled to join the GTPlanet community! I stumbled upon this site by chance while browsing the web. I'm from France and I started playing racing games about two months ago. I play with a Thrustmaster T300 wheel.

Currently, Gran Turismo 7 is the only game I play, but I'm looking forward to trying out EA Sports WRC in the future. What I'm most excited about in the community is learning a lot to improve as a player and sharing my passion with experienced individuals.

Looking forward to meeting and connecting with you all!

Best regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm new to the game at 51, but my passion for cars and racing is unwavering. I'm thrilled to join the GTPlanet community! I stumbled upon this site by chance while browsing the web. I'm from France and I started playing racing games about two months ago. I play with a Thrustmaster T300 wheel.

Currently, Gran Turismo 7 is the only game I play, but I'm looking forward to trying out EA Sports WRC in the future. What I'm most excited about in the community is learning a lot to improve as a player and sharing my passion with experienced individuals.

Best regards
Welcome to GT Planet.

Hmm, you might want to update your age. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

• Where are you from?

Web browsing for Gt7 car Tunes
United States
80s
Fanatec DD Pro 8nm
Mostly Racing
Learning how to Tune on Gt7

Hmm, you might want to update your age. :lol:
and no I assume I’m old I’m old 🤥😂
I think the point here is this:
I'm new to the game at 51
1709645462899.png

Hello everyone!
I don’t really remember how I first came in contact with GTP, probably around the time when GT Sport came out. Been following this forum since then but did not register until now. I really started to ”fall in love” with GT7 a while back and felt that it would be natural to take part in this amazing forum!

I come from Sweden, and have played racing games since Ridge Racer and Wipeout came out on PS1 back in the day. Remember reading in 1996 (I think) about the upcoming new game Gran Turismo in the swedish Super Play magazine, and that the game would include more than 100 different cars, real cars!

Mind. Blown.
Been hooked on GT ever since.

Sadly i only play with controller, dont really have enough space at the moment (or understanding wife) for having a complete racing rig in the livingroom.

Love to play all kinds of games, but mainly games like Fallout, Elder scrolls, Red Dead, GTA, Witcher and games that focus heavily on the story, like Last of Us and so on.

Looking forward to be part of this community, and of course continue reading all the awesome news about racing games this page always provides.

// Joachim

• Where are you from?

Hi , new to the site , found you when searching for Raceroom Racing info.
I am from Surrey in the UK.
Started playing racing games/sims in 2000 , Geoff Crammonds GP3, then NR2003 .
Played various rally and F1 games on PS2 and 3 .
My current games: Assetto Corsa ,RaceRoom Racing Experience, NR2003 , ACC , AMS1 & 2. Nascar Heat 5.
On consul Xbox series x :ACC, WRC 10 /Generations ,Dirt Rally 2 and F1 23
I also enjoy playing Madden and golf games.
My current wheel choice is Logitech G920 so I can use on pc or xbox
What do I look forward the most on GT planet hopefully interact with fellow like minded members

• Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any
Hi everyone!

I am Vasil from Bulgaria.

I reg here in search of knowledge for GT7 mechanics and tunes for best performance. Heard.for gtplanet on Fb group Grand Turismo 7.
Been playing GT since 1st chapter. Had a big pause and now again.

In this line of thoughts i want to find info for aerodynamics and susp setups if there is any guide with examples and very deep explanation.

I have some decent mind for how stuff works, but want more.

Ty in advance

• Where are you from?

Hello, my name is Zaid I'm from Tetouan, Morocco and I'm 22 years old. I have great passion for mechanical engineering especially in the domain of automobile.

1. I found GTPlanet through this amazing yt video: Link
  2. As said I'm from Tetouan, Morocco :)
  3. God, since i was able to do so xD say like 7 years old. I first came accros Midnight Club 3 DUB edition in a gaming club when I moved to a new neighborhood, and it blew my 7 yo mind.
  4. I currently do not but would love to in the future.
  5. I play all kind of games; I'm fan of football so i play FIFA. I appreciate indie games such as Cuphead. Really like COD. Many other games...
  6. I would love to discuss more about cars and hopefully meet professionals in the automotive domain as i want to realize one of my childhood dreams which to tune my own cars! And yeah, the usual; chill here and such...

Last edited:

Best regards,
Well I'm Chris, nice to meet you. EA-Sports is a great video-game maker. They were part of the creations of Nascar and other Playstation hits for racing. I joined this site two and a half years ago and it's awesome. Who wouldn't want to be a part of it!

Eh bien je suis Chris, ravi de vous rencontrer EA-Sports est un grand créateur de jeux vidéo Ils faisaient partie des créations de Nascar et d'autres hits Playstation pour la course J'ai rejoint ce site il y a deux ans et demi et c'est génial Qui ne voudrait pas en faire partie!

Well I'm Chris, nice to meet you. EA-Sports is a great video-game maker. They were part of the creations of Nascar and other Playstation hits for racing. I joined this site two and a half years ago and it's awesome. Who wouldn't want to be a part of it!
I completely agree with you, it's a great site for enthusiasts and patience because I'm new to gran turismo, I'm new to forums and in English and I admit that sometimes it's very complicated but they are always there to try to help you and I find it very nice see you soon

Latest Posts

Back