Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,740 comments
I completely agree with you, it's a great site for enthusiasts and patience because I'm new to gran turismo, I'm new to forums and in English and I admit that sometimes it's very complicated but they are always there to try to help you and I find it very nice see you soon
What's your native language?

Hi guys,

New to GTPlanet today (early March 2024) and it looks like a great place to be:

My answers to the prompts!!!

How did I find it?
- I was googling tuning tips and stumbled across the excellent tuning thread here

Where am I from:
- Born in the UK, travelled extensively and have called Australia home for many years now

When did I start playing racing games?
- A LONG time ago, and I am still rubbish at them. (over 20 years ago probably now)

Steering wheel?
- Yes. I have tried a couple of the Logitech staples over the years. G25, G27 etc. Last year I dropped decent money and splashed out on a Fanatec direct drive GT wheel and pedals and I also added the Load Cell Brake pedal too. Completely changed my world - its a brand new game now.

Other Games:
- I have been a Far Cry Fan since the franchise started. First played Doom on a 286 PC way back in the day. I have tried games like Forza, Drive Club etc, but I keep coming back to GT as the most realistic and well executed simulation there is.

What am I looking forward to here?
- Learning. There are people who are seriously smarter than I am and I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for having me :-)

Hi guys,

New to GTPlanet today (early March 2024) and it looks like a great place to be:

My answers to the prompts!!!

How did I find it?
- I was googling tuning tips and stumbled across the excellent tuning thread here

Where am I from:
- Born in the UK, travelled extensively and have called Australia home for many years now

When did I start playing racing games?
- A LONG time ago, and I am still rubbish at them. (over 20 years ago probably now)

Steering wheel?
- Yes. I have tried a couple of the Logitech staples over the years. G25, G27 etc. Last year I dropped decent money and splashed out on a Fanatec direct drive GT wheel and pedals and I also added the Load Cell Brake pedal too. Completely changed my world - its a brand new game now.

Other Games:
- I have been a Far Cry Fan since the franchise started. First played Doom on a 286 PC way back in the day. I have tried games like Forza, Drive Club etc, but I keep coming back to GT as the most realistic and well executed simulation there is.

What am I looking forward to here?
- Learning. There are people who are seriously smarter than I am and I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for having me :-)
Hi! Welcome. What are you tuning?

Hi! Welcome. What are you tuning?
Thank you.

No one car or track in particular. I have never really paid much attention to the science behind the tuning component of GT. I always thought it was just smoke and mirrors that made random changes to the simulator effects, but I have now come to realise that there is very much a realistic science to it.

I work in IT and so I have a passion for science and logic etc.

So, my tuning goal is more of an education path for me so I can learn the science and what the myriad of different options do.

My current battle in the cafe menu book is Book 37, the Gr.B Rally cars. I don't enjoy the rally events, but I am now stuck in the cafe menu until I can force my way through the 2 races left.

So, while I battle with that, I am revisiting other tracks and have 3 or 4 cars I am working on and gradually improving and I am starting to get a feel for the parameters, but it's a long and windy road so I need the right tyres, and brakes, and ...... !!!!

Thank you.

No one car or track in particular. I have never really paid much attention to the science behind the tuning component of GT. I always thought it was just smoke and mirrors that made random changes to the simulator effects, but I have now come to realise that there is very much a realistic science to it.

I work in IT and so I have a passion for science and logic etc.

So, my tuning goal is more of an education path for me so I can learn the science and what the myriad of different options do.

My current battle in the cafe menu book is Book 37, the Gr.B Rally cars. I don't enjoy the rally events, but I am now stuck in the cafe menu until I can force my way through the 2 races left.

So, while I battle with that, I am revisiting other tracks and have 3 or 4 cars I am working on and gradually improving and I am starting to get a feel for the parameters, but it's a long and windy road so I need the right tyres, and brakes, and ...... !!!!
Niiice! You said you're in IT, i recently dived into Python so you may help me with that HAHA.. As for car tuning, yeah it's aa whole universe with precise planning and calculations. Can't wait to get in there. Feel free to DM me about it anytime, I know many mechanics XD

Niiice! You said you're in IT, i recently dived into Python so you may help me with that HAHA.. As for car tuning, yeah it's aa whole universe with precise planning and calculations. Can't wait to get in there. Feel free to DM me about it anytime, I know many mechanics XD
I also got introduced to Python a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed learning it. I am a long way from being any kind of an expert, but it is a nice language to play with. I have moved away from it now, but may get back into it again - that's one of the great (and frustrating) things about IT - there is always something new to learn :-)

I also got introduced to Python a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed learning it. I am a long way from being any kind of an expert, but it is a nice language to play with. I have moved away from it now, but may get back into it again - that's one of the great (and frustrating) things about IT - there is always something new to learn :-)
So are you into cybersecurity?

Hi everyone,

How did you find GTPlanet?
I searched for a GT7 Forum
Where are you from?
Germany
When did you start playing racing games?
Many years ago. First "racing" game was something with Lotus cars on an Amiga 500, which was brandnew back then ;)
My first GT was 5 Prologue.
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Some weeks ago i realised a long cherished dream and bought a sim-racing rig with a Fanatec GT DD pro.
What other games do you enjoy?
First Person Shooters. Killzone 2/3/4 was my favourite one
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
When i think of my driving skills, looking for help ;)

I'm on a PS4 and started with GT7 last Nov. I still have a lot of work to do in the single player. But i'll try out online races and see how it will work. Never tried that while driving with a controller, i just don't want to ruin everybodys races ...

Hi everyone,

Many years ago. First "racing" game was something with Lotus cars on an Amiga 500, which was brandnew back then ;)
My first GT was 5 Prologue.

I remember that Amiga game - I had it on my A1000 - I think it may have been a port of an Atari game, but I could be wrong. Loved it.

Was it this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that Amiga game - I had it on my A1000 - I think it may have been a port of an Atari game, but I could be wrong. Loved it.

Was it this one?
Yes, that's it!
I loved it too. I had joysticks to play it, they realy hard a hard time with me playing that game and only few survived. :D

Hello all.

How did you find GTPlanet?
Google search and through people discussing on discord.

Where are you from?
Ireland

When did you start playing racing games?
Mid 90s Microprose's Grand Prix on PC and Ayrton Sennas Grand Prix 2 on the Megadrive

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Controller

What other games do you enjoy?
Rainbow 6 Siege, World of Tanks would be main 2

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Getting general info and Time Trial info

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
I found GTPlanet trying to resolve a bug issue with weekly challenges.
I am from United States.
I started playing the GT games in 1998, but played racing games as far back as early 90s.
No wheel.
Some of my favorites would be fallout, Skyrim, metal gear and many more.
Give, receive and share information regarding GT7.

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hi all,

Found GT Planet looking for advice on GT7
  • Where are you from?
    Originally from the Northeast UK, but moved to Southern Spain a long time ago
    Played a while back, but only recently got back into it
    Not yet, but am definitely interested. My friend has the T-GT II which is very good (any advice much appreciated)
    Not many at the moment. I bought Grand Theft Auto same time as GT7 - have only completed one mission on GTA, most of my time is on GT
    Help/advice and meetings new friends
Great to be here!

Hi everyone,
i found gtplanet from a yt vid testing out a mod from JK1977 of the corvette c6r author F302. Fantastic mod and i hoping to find other gems to try out.

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone

hello!

after a long while i started playing GT4 (PAL version) on my old PS2 again last year.
i'm now on day 21372 in the game with 31423 A-Spec points and 9986 (100/99/99) B-Spec points.

i found this forum while looking for infos to get my B-Spec friend to the damn 10000 points-mark :)

have a great day, everyone!

I’m 62 and started sim racing in the ‘90s with Indy Car and F1, I also did a lot of Jane’s flight sims.
I’m in the SF Bay Area and spend a lot of time at Laguna Seca.
Just updated to GT-7 2 months ago and currently trying to perfect the Ferrari 458 Italia at Spa. (2:16.393).

I’m 62 and started sim racing in the ‘90s with Indy Car and F1, I also did a lot of Jane’s flight sims.
I’m in the SF Bay Area and spend a lot of time at Laguna Seca.
Just updated to GT-7 2 months ago and currently trying to perfect the Ferrari 458 Italia at Spa. (2:16.393).
Welcome to GTplanet, I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun, don't rush. I'm Chris btw. Nice to meet you.

Last edited:
Guten tag!

I am Shboom. I am also new here.
I'm 13 and from MURICA, and I first started playing browser driving sims in elementary. I am almost in high school. I enjoy doing drift sims, and it's my fav thing to play other than GeoFS. The only legit driving simultor that I have played, however, is BeamNG Drive.
I first stumbled apon GTPlanet trying to find papercraft templates.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

My name is Will and I found this site from a reddit post. I am from Long Island but live outside Portland Maine. I am a Psychiatric Nurse, so I have the patience of a Saint which I will need going forward with GT7. My last console was an Atari, but after watching the "Grand Turismo" movie I fell in love with Sim racing. I did buy GTA 5 but I really just wanna race for now. I bought the Fanatec DD pro and pedals as a bundle. I also do everything in VR for the most part. I am also trying to read anything that will help me learn how to properly drive around a track as I don't want to learn bad habits. Any suggestions on coaching or books will be appreciated. I look forward to learning from any and everyone here. I have only been playing for 3 weeks and I am not one who has time to play for 10 hrs straight, though I would love to, but I have something called A Wife and apparently, they require one's undivided attention. I also plan on becoming an amateur race car driver in the future once I move to Charlotte NC next year. At 53 yrs of age it is never too late to follow your dreams.

My name is Will and I found this site from a reddit post. I am from Long Island but live outside Portland Maine. I am a Psychiatric Nurse, so I have the patience of a Saint which I will need going forward with GT7. My last console was an Atari, but after watching the "Grand Turismo" movie I fell in love with Sim racing. I did buy GTA 5 but I really just wanna race for now. I bought the Fanatec DD pro and pedals as a bundle. I also do everything in VR for the most part. I am also trying to read anything that will help me learn how to properly drive around a track as I don't want to learn bad habits. Any suggestions on coaching or books will be appreciated. I look forward to learning from any and everyone here. I have only been playing for 3 weeks and I am not one who has time to play for 10 hrs straight, though I would love to, but I have something called A Wife and apparently, they require one's undivided attention. I also plan on becoming an amateur race car driver in the future once I move to Charlotte NC next year. At 53 yrs of age it is never too late to follow your dreams.
Welcome Will,
You’re just a pup, I’m 62. I get the evil eye from the wife when I race but I manage a couple of hours/ day anyway. Gotta fit it in when you can.

• Where are you from?

Hi,
My apologies if my initial greetings and salutations post was in the wrong area 🧐

My humble introduction, I just registered here today, even though I’ve been playing Gran Turismo since 1998

I managed to platinum GT Sport, and left to GT7 with nearly 3000 online sports race wins back when….. on a pad (only recently purchased a wheel, - the current Logitech cheap but good one).

I recently (in March 2024) literally just found out about how fantastic the world championships really are!
This is so much fun.

I can’t believe it, totally addicted now with GT7 and thank you GTPlanet for this website and for all that you do!

I don’t play any other PS games, never have in 23 years… likely never will.

My GT7 racing name is Wonky-Weronika if I’m allowed to say that? It’s one character too long for GTPlanet, but works in GT7. I’ve used my racing name for about 12 years now.

Thank you

Retired Physicist,

Australia

Hello again, I just won my Season 3 Round 4 2024 race at the Nurburgring today (literally just now, albeit in a lower DRSR class - D/S but I have to start somewhere right!

I only just started my first ever championship racing 3 weeks ago…
So I’ve much to learn.

My avatar is a photo of a (similar to the local Cairns - Australia) Ulysses butterfly that I admire in the gardens here.

👍😃🇦🇺

Last edited:
Hello everyone, tuco330 51 years old • How did you find GTPlanet? I found GT Planet on another forum about GT7 • Where are you from? Spain • When did you start playing racing games? I don't even remember many years ago • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what type do you use? Not yet, but today the t300 arrives. • What other games do you enjoy? I play many games on ps5 and xbox • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Help/advice and meeting new friends. • PS: sorry for my English I don't know and I use a translator

• Where are you from?

Hey all,
Found GTplanet through google searches.
I’m from Ontario, Canada.
I’ve played racing games off and on on PlayStation for years, but really got into GT7 when I bought psvr2.
I do play with a steering wheel. First a thrustmaster t248, but quickly upgraded to a Logitech g pro.
Other games I like are single player games with a very good, mostly linear story line and phenomenal acting and directing.
From the community I’m mostly looking for updates and trouble shooting, and I willl share my limited knowledge as well.

Back