Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,740 comments
  • I’ve used GTPlanet for news for a while now, only just now created an account
  • Born and raised in London, UK
  • About a decade ago with Forza Motorsport 4 on the 360
  • I play on controller
  • Along with racing games, I‘m a big Star Wars gaming fan as well as Life is Strange
  • Just chilling and chatting I guess

Hi everyone, I'm glad that found this forum.

• How did you find GTPlanet? - Got again into Gran Turismo after some years off from GT5 and searching on the Internet found this forum that was really useful to start into GTS
  • Where are you from? Born in Mexico, live in US
  • When did you start playing racing games? From the early 2000's
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Yes, G29 but in AT
  • What other games do you enjoy? none so far
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Join a private racing group/league, how to get better at GTS, share my experiences
Thanks,
Cesar

Hi-Low How is it Going!i!

I found this site looking for Yuki Tsunoda’s Lap Time at Suzuka For the RedBull beat the pros on Gt Sport. I’ve seen this site several times B4 and been on a few times just Figured I would register for more gt sport or racing info in general!i!

Thank you!i!

Hi-Low How is it Going!i!

I found this site looking for Yuki Tsunoda’s Lap Time at Suzuka For the RedBull beat the pros on Gt Sport. I’ve seen this site several times B4 and been on a few times just Figured I would register for more gt sport or racing info in general!i!

Thank you!i!
Ah, it's cool that you found the site that way.

Welcome! :cheers:

Hello, my name is Ryan.

I used to have an account here when I was much younger. I won't say which one, but suffice to say I'm much more mature now, so I decided on a clean slate.

I've been following this site for years.

How did you find GTPlanet? Searching for answers regarding unexpected changes to GT Sport after 1.68 update
Where are you from? GEORGIA, US
When did you start playing racing games? 1999 GT on PS1
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? LOGITECH G29
What other games do you enjoy? Bowling, VR, but generally racing.
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Hoping to learn more, but currently interested in understanding some differences in performance reduction since installing GT Sport 1.68
Thanks. Kevin

Hello fellow racers and auto nerds. I found this forum searching around for a sim racing forum. :P I live in Texas and have always enjoyed racing games. As a kid I played Need for Speed 2 & 3, Gran Turismo 1 & 2, and my dad and I played many many hours of Gran Turismo 3 together.

Then I took a very long break from video gaming and only recently got back into it after getting a PS4 a couple years ago and playing a lot of Gran Turismo Sport, mostly in single player mode because I'm too nervous to play online. I put together my first PC this year and bought a G29.

Lately I've been trying all sorts of racing games, thanks to them being heavily discounted on Steam recently or available through Game Pass. My favorite has been Forza Horizon 4, but I'm a sucker for open world games. I am also getting into Project Cars 2 & Forza Motorsport 7, and eagerly waiting for Assetto Corsa to go on sale as I'm most interested in getting into that.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
• Google looking into putting gt sport on my ps5 internal instead of an xternal and found your video when the ps5 first came out.
• From San Diego, California. Live in Colorado. Work every where even Canada. Union Ironworker
• Need for speed and Gran Turismo on the PlayStation.
• Yes and no. Steering wheel set up is a g29 on a stand. Astro c40 controller, wired.
• Need for speed series.
• Tuning set ups, I’m terrible at that.

Attachments

• 6929274B-0CEE-4148-897D-9F44E3189746.jpeg
    6929274B-0CEE-4148-897D-9F44E3189746.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 12
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - I was searching for stuff for Assetto Corsa.
  • Where are you from? - Kolkata, a city in India.
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Windows 98 days most probably, a F1 game whose name I really don't remember but my cousin sister was really good at it. The only thing I recall was that the track in the game was Suzuka.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - I play with a normal keyboard actually.
  • What other games do you enjoy? - I like real time strategy games such as the Age of Empires series.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - mostly looking for cool content to add to my Assetto Corsa installations, I have two - one for F1, and the other for Le Mans.

Hello fellow racers and auto nerds. I found this forum searching around for a sim racing forum. :P
Hey, your search led you to the right place. Welcome!
Google looking into putting gt sport on my ps5 internal instead of an xternal and found your video when the ps5 first came out.
Cool to know, I'm glad you found that video useful. It's done really well on our channel. Welcome!
I play with a normal keyboard actually.
Wow, that's pretty impressive. :eek: Welcome!

• How did you find GTPlanet? - I was searching for PS3 Lan racing games for an arcade twin cabinet I had acquired and came across the modified Gran Turismo 5 information here.
  • Where are you from? - Wisconsin
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Probably with the Atari home computer and 888 XT Turbo PC :-)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - I have 2 Logitech Driving Force and 1 Logitech G27 w/shifter.
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Mostly GT5 lately
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Improving my GT Arcade setup

• How did you find GTPlanet? - I was searching for PS3 Lan racing games for an arcade twin cabinet I had acquired and came across the modified Gran Turismo 5 information here.
  • Where are you from? - Wisconsin
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Probably with the Atari home computer and 888 XT Turbo PC :-)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - I have 2 Logitech Driving Force and 1 Logitech G27 w/shifter.
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Mostly GT5 lately
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Improving my GT Arcade setup
It's interesting there are still quite a few GT5 players out there. Welcome! :cheers:

Hello,
I found this forum searching for Daily races info. I have been viewing for a while but just subbed.
From Sydney.
I started playing driving games in 60`s? early 70`s on an arcade game called Speedway.
post-8339-0-25243500-1318646619.jpg

I recently purchased a g923 and a shifter that I have gotten the knack of.
I only have Gtsport and am only into car games.
Like to learn more.

• How did you find GTPlanet? - Looking for resources on GT sport
  • Where are you from? - India but in US rn
  • When did you start playing racing games? - 3 weeks ago i think
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - I bought one ~10 days ago, a used G92 for my PS5
  • What other games do you enjoy? - GTS and looking forward to GT7 and FH5
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Just discussions

I started playing driving games in 60`s? early 70`s on an arcade game called Speedway

post-8339-0-25243500-1318646619.jpg
I had not heard of this before... just looked it up to see it's actually a mechanical arcade racing game! Really cool. Welcome!
When did you start playing racing games? - 3 weeks ago i think
It's great to see someone so new to the genre joining the community; we're glad to have you. Welcome!

I researched about ACC Career, specifically about Wet Test in Brands Hatch, where I have a hard time getting success.
So, I found a post on "Firehound427" in GTPlanet. There's a lot going on here.
I will calmly search. Hi everybody.

Hi !
My name is Ayaka.

I playing to Forza Horizon 2 , 3 ,4 and Forza Motorsport 6 and 7.I love cars in from Child.

• How did you find GTPlanet? - Google(seached Forza Horizon 4)
  • Where are you from? - Los Angeles , California United States,
  • When did you start playing racing games? - 2011
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - No
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Saints Row
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - Forza series

Hi! Long time GT player here, only just decided to sign up to the forums! :dopey:
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - Just bagged myself a PS5 after seeing GT7 on the horizon, was searching for info and saw GTPlanet pop up!
  • Where are you from? - Not far outside Worcester, UK.
  • When did you start playing racing games? - Was about 6 when I got my hands on GT1, havent stopped since!
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? For GT I dont, on PC I have a Logitech G29.
  • What other games do you enjoy? A good mix of everything really, shooters, platformers, anything goes!
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Meeting likeminded souls with a passion for all things motor based :cheers:

Simple Bing search of "Gran Turismo 5 vs 6" led me here.
  • Where are you from?
Born in NYC, went to Virginia for a few years before going back to New York. I want to go someplace elsewhere, but I think NYC does the job well, for now...
Before I could remember, I was given the original PlayStation as a toddler. Crash Team Racing was the first racing game I have played and although I have tried demos of other games in the genre such as Gran Turismo 1 & 2, CTR was the racer for a four-year-old.
You know, I vaguely remember having a steering wheel back in my toddler days but it is gone. Analog controllers all the way.
First-person shooters, platformers, or whichever tickles my fancy.
The car is only a vessel, it's the experience in the games that make it count. So I'm not a car fan, but I am only a fan of how they're implemented in videogames.

The car is only a vessel, it's the experience in the games that make it count. So I'm not a car fan, but I am only a fan of how they're implemented in videogames.
Interesting! I don't think I've heard that perspective before. Welcome!

:cheers:

Since @CLowndes888 did a re-introduction, so will I:

Oooh boy, don't recall with any certainty. Based off of my join date I'll assume either the GameFAQs or GameWinners forums (RIP GameWinners forums)

• Where are you from?
    BEST KOR...I mean, Maryland a.k.a the American state where the concentration of Old Bay seasoning in your bloodstream must always exceed 0.08%.

2002 by the latest if my memory serves me right; started on Gran Turismo 2, yellow '96 Corvette at Midfield was first car driven

Legit no room for a wheel. Usual gaming space leaves me with maybe a forearm (singular) of room.
    (Have a casual interest but nowhere near enough to take the plunge; noted multiple times that I don't take racing games particularly seriously, mostly as a relaxing tool)

Veritable Renaissance man, dabble in bits of everything as my whims dictate. Last played games according to Steam are:
    -Spelunky
    -OpenRCT2
    -Automation
    -House Party
    -Duke Nukem Forever
    -BeamNG
    -Shift 2
    -Skyrim
    -Crusader Kings 2 (specifically the Game of Thrones and ATE-FF mods) (current playtime champ @ 1479 hours)

-Popping into the Gran Turismo subforum to post relevantly irrelevant GIFs when it's time for the routine battle royal when some news drops that may displease a fair few
    -pro 'rasslin discussion in the Sports subsection
    -casual discussion
    -trips down memory lane

Hi everybody... :)
  • I've found GTPlanet by looking for AC car mods on search engines
  • almost 2 yrs ago
  • g29 with shifter mod and fanatec handbrake
  • wreckfest, dirt 2.0, dirt 4, beamng
  • trying stuff and commenting it, if needed

Last edited:
Hi!! I’m from the U.S. I’ve known about the site for years, but in having an idea, I started looking for ways to contact PD. As there are no official direct channels, and this being a highly popular site, here I am.
I started playing racing games…shoot…20 years ago now.
I currently do not use a wheel, life’s priorities have prevented me from acquiring one, I’m currently looking into getting a Logitech setup. I know it’s not the best, but it’s the best I can reasonably afford. The whole setup I want, including a cockpit, will run me just shy of $600.
I love playing the mainline Pokémon games as well as fan games, Mario games, Need For Speed, Borderlands. I’m pretty varied.
I’m looking forward to learning and connecting with people.

Hello all!

I found a few years back searching for some information about racing games
I'm from Argentina
I start playing racing games whit GT1
I use a g920 for racing games
Like to play some fps games
Talking, reading and learning new stuffs

Hello :)

I found GTPlanet while troubleshooting Assetto Corsa problems. I am from Europe.
Racing games are my favorite, my first game was Gran Turismo on PlayStation 1 and now I enjoy Assetto Corsa on Xbox (planning on building new PC for that) and I am also waiting for my PS5 and Gran Turismo 7.

I am happy to be a new member of this community, since there are not many communities left outside of big social media platforms I am seeing lots of potential for meaningful discussions on this forum.

Back