Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,740 comments
Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me :

• How did you find GTPlanet?
On a site looking for car tuning for GTS.
  • Where are you from?
South of France.
  • When did you start playing racing games?
I think 2000 with GP3.

• Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Yes , Fanatec GT DD pro 8nm with CSP V3
  • What other games do you enjoy?
Dirt rally 2.0, F1 20xx, ACC, PC2
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Help and be help.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hello this site showed up in my Google feed. I’m from Chicago Illinois
I started playing race games back in the 70’s on an Atari 2600. I also like action adventure games and platformers I look forward to playing online with this community

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hi everybody,
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - Hint of Mr. Keith from Track Titan
  • Where are you from? - Sao PAulo Brazil
  • When did you start playing racing games? 2013 AC - F1 2013 - Autommobilista - IRacing
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? I hava a G29 Logitech w Manual shift
  • What other games do you enjoy? AC - F1 2020 - Automobilista - Pilot Cars
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the Make friends and learn how to pilot

How did you find GTPlanet? Was trying to figure-out how un-good I am at this game…

Where are you from? USA

When did you start playing racing games? Think I was around 4 y/o. My Dad used to drop me in front of a stand-up racing game while he…did other things. It was akin to PONG in that you guided a ‘car’ around a race-track marked by dots. It was ’74, take it for what it’s worth.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No, controller...wheel would be nice, though

What other games do you enjoy? I mostly do driving/driving-themed games like GTA or Stuntman (yeah, old)

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? I’m looking forward to learning how to be a better driver, and not as defined by times. I am still acclimating to online battles and NOT leaning into 25+ years of me -vs- GT Drones wherein taking them out has ZERO societal impacts is hard. Transitioning to a world where you’re now pissing-off real people (debatable as it may be at times) has a bit of a learning curve to it. For instance, when has one transitioned from ‘you should’ve closed that door before I got there’ to a ‘divebomb’…these questions, and so many more, are what fuel my quest for communal guidance…cuz I r dumass…

Seriously though, I do apologize to anyone who sees my tag and instantly cringes. Unless you plowed me first, it was ineptitude and NOT malice that instigated that meeting.

While I’m here, and if any of you “savants-turned-drivers” could help a guy out…how the hell do you keep calm in the thick of things?? If I’m all by myself, life is good and I can sustain a good pace and remain calm. Once things go sideways, literally or figuratively, it’s over. Adrenaline get’s the best of me every time. Some of y’all are either completely emotionless or amazing masters of your mental domain…kudos to either.

Regardless, thanks for having me and I hope you don’t regret opening the door when I knocked.:cheers:

• Where are you from?

I was looking for factory paints for Forza.
New York.
When I was younger I had a few racing games on my N64.
Yes, don’t use it often for the moment but I use a Logitech G923.
I like FPSs and RPGs like Skyrim.
I look forward to making new friends and hope I can share some paints.

I am a past member of GT Planet and re-registered today.
I built a racing rig for my 75th birthday
That was 7 years ago. I'll be 82 next month.
Rig consists of frame, racing seat,G29 wheel, Ps4, Logitec surround sound,65" screen, headphone,etc
Don't miss a day behind the wheel on GT Sport.
My name is Joe Ferreira and my racing moniker is "Toppy Joe" and I live in Cape Town
Would like to hear from like minded guys my age if there are any.
Wishing all old and new GT Planet members a very happy new year and good racing throughout.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Good evening everyone. OK, the intro list :)
I found GTPlanet almost by accident when I was searching for help on the GTSport Livery Editor.
I'm from London but home is the south coast.
I started playing racing games, um, shall I say a while ago? Let's just say it involved a ZX Spectrum!
I have tried a steering wheel back on the PS2 but I found it a bit of a faff tbh. Just use the standard PS5 controller currently
If I'm not on GTSport, I'm either exploring the further reaches of the galaxy in Elite (also a hangover from my ZX Spectrum days) or dying far to frequently in Battlefield
Somewhere to find advice is always good, and I'm looking forward to seeing and sharing liveries

That's it for now, I've got a 25 lap Gr3 race round Bathurst to do before the pub :cheers:

• Where are you from?

Hi

Hi guys! Here to relive memories of me playing Gran Turismo 5 ten years ago. I'm planning to buy a PS3 soon re-experience everything again. I'm waiting patiently for Gran Turismo 7 and I'm excited to play it soon! Cheers!

• Where are you from?

Hello guys, I am very happy to be parts of you because i love cars , motospor and racing games of cours. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina and thank you for this welcome !! :))

Hi Guys thanks for the warm welcome to the site, found it when surfing, my main reason is getting info on classic F1 and sports cars for making my model cars 12the scale and 1/24 are the scales I usually model.

Hello world!!!

• I found them thanks to YouTube (Gran Turismo Master MOD).
  • I'm from México.
  • I play since I was 12 years old.
  • I play with whatever I have at hand, even my Logitech G29.
  • I enjoy everything that has to do with racing.
  • I hope to learn and share, because we love cars.

Hey Everyone! My name is Iggy and I am just getting started in my Sim Racing "career"
I stumbled across it a few times while looking for Set-ups as well as plans for a DIY cockpit and figured it couldn't hurt to have a community of like minded people
  • Where are you from?
I am From the USA and in New Jersey near the Shore
I've been playing raing games my whole life, but just since 2021 I have been taking it as more than just a way to have fun.
I have a Thrustmaster T300RS GT
I have been playing the Remastered Mafia games and just replayed God of War (2018)
Finding friends to race online, learning as much as I can, and getting better as a Racer!

See you out on the track!

Hey guys, been hearing about this site for a while from friends that have told me I need to join so here I am 😊

I’m a bit of a GT Sport livery and scape kinda guy from Oxford England and have been playing it since the BETA stages, I also play Forza Horizon games too just for that arcade racing feel that I’ve always loved! I have an Instagram account under the Elmos_Liveries name where I share almost all of my work, but still learning new things every dsy 😊

• Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. W
  • Back in 2009. when I've played 'GT5 Prologue' searched on Google clues how to improve my lap times cause been very competitive. I was wondering how some people are faster then me and here find out that 'Logitech 25' is needed to activate a cheat by simply pressed triangle before race. I was very angry about this and tried the old PS2 steering wheel but it wasn’t that, my times were slightly improved and been very frustrated because of Sony and Logitech 'scheme'.
    • Where are you from?
  • I'm from Serbia, Belgrade.
  • I've been gaming over 40 years now and my first racing game was 'Monaco GP' cabriolet video game cabinet (released in 1979.) stand-up version with wheel, lever on the left side with LO and HI gears and throttle pedal on the floor beneath right foot on SEGA Arcade machine. Love old games from ZX Spectrum 48k, Commodore 64, PS1, PS2, PS3 etc.
  • Have some old Logitech PS2 steering wheel but mostly play with joypad cause don't have sim rig or play seat to attach wheel on.
  • FPS games like Quake, Quake II back days Counter Strike 1.6,Counter Strike: Global Offensive, other sims like Golf, Pool, Snooker, etc. List is endless but don't have so much time cause been focused on GT7 right now.
  • To participate in 'GTPlanet' events and meet other players.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I am very happy to be parts of you because i love cars , motospor and racing games of cours. I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina and thank you for this welcome !! :))
I have one question. Can players from Bosnia and Herzegovina play gran turismo online championship liken Nation Cup or Manufactured Cup? Thank you :)

Hi,
I've been a lurker here for quite a while but finally decided to join :)
  • I guess I found GTP through Google a year or two ago, maybe searching for pad or wheel set ups?!?
  • I'm from Leeds, Yorkshire.
  • I started gaming in 1983 with a Spectrum 48k.
  • I have a G923. I had wheels for my PS2 and Dreamcast but they were toys by comparison.
  • I mainly play driving/racing games but enjoy simple stuff like MS Sudoku and Mahjong.
  • I look forward to meeting other members and maybe in the future racing more online.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I got to know about GT by my friend.
India
I don’t specifically play racing games.
I mostly play arcade or kinda realistic games like BGMI or COD.
I just came here to have some fun.

Hi,
I've been a lurker here for quite a while but finally decided to join :)
  • I guess I found GTP through Google a year or two ago, maybe searching for pad or wheel set ups?!?
  • I'm from Leeds, Yorkshire.
  • I started gaming in 1983 with a Spectrum 48k.
  • I have a G923. I had wheels for my PS2 and Dreamcast but they were toys by comparison.
  • I mainly play driving/racing games but enjoy simple stuff like MS Sudoku and Mahjong.
  • I look forward to meeting other members and maybe in the future racing more online.
Excellent, a fellow ZXer! Glad to see you had the Go-Faster version too

Hi,

I'm Asif, 52 from London. I started racing games at about 7 with that toy from Argos with a wheel and the track spins and you're just moving the car left to right :)

My fondest memory is this one lap of Monaco on the PS3 on that year's F1 game where I was totally zen and got an amazing time, it was like an out-of-body experience.

I bought GTS in the December 2021 Playstation Store sale. It's strange but I'd never heard of GTS before that, even having played every GT since launch.

I've played about 150 hours so far and still stuck at D/S but it's such a blast, sometimes I catch myself shaking during races and forgetting to breathe.

I'm really hoping GT7 fixes the penalty system and people stop shunting me.

• Where are you from?

I was searching for GTSport info :)
Colorado/SoCal

Quarter Arcade Games :)
Msdos pc vga 1st gen F1 games with a joystick
Pretty much all the GT games to date ✨✨✨
G29 GT with an early sim rig

Haven’t been racing much for a few years, but enjoying some YouTube vids which got me into daily races on GT sport again, and of course gt7 is whispering to me :)

I’ve used GT to help tune a couple real life cars that have been in the games. ‘93 Integra LS, ‘02 WRX Wagon 1st allocation.

Got to do pre-release driving impressions for the first BRZ - Enthusiasts Driving Experience 2012 ✨✨✨

Pretty excited that a version of my old bmw 2800 CS, the 3.0CSL will be in 7!!

Hi, new member here

Oh no, my commiserations...

😁
I'm from Kent, but live in Devon now

I found GT Planet, by looking on google for some meanings on GT Sport, like DR & SR. Been playing driving / racing games since the 1970's - Night Driver on the original Atari system.

I find it very well, thank you. ;) Found it by searching for Forza Horizon 5 Livery/Painting forums
  • Where are you from?
    Whidbey Island, Washington, USA - not like those crazy mainland Americans! :)
    Late 90s on PS2 with Gran Turismo.
    I first used PS3 with Logitech GT Driving Force Racing wheel. Then moved that to PC, now finally upgrading to G29 wheel and pedals!
    Forza Horizon 5, Gran Turismo 5 on PS3, Midnight Club on PS3
    Sharing my vinyl/paint/livery designs for other drivers of Forza Horizon 5!

Hi, I have been following this site for some time now. With GT7 about to be released, I would like to join the conversation.
  • Through google searches for Gran Turismo
  • Netherlands
  • About 2005, GT5
  • No, I use the controller
  • World of Warships, because I am a naval enthusiast. The game is run by a ****** company, though :(
  • Discuss the developments around GT7 and pick up some tips when it has been released

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I found GTPlanet from Branson Tay, I live on the outskirts of Zion National Park which is in the USA state of Utah. And i have not played any racing games yet. No I do not use a steering wheel but i love playing golf and 8 ball pool. I am looking forward to making some money

Back