Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,712 comments
Hello everyone, I'm a noob and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

How did you find GTPlanet?
I stumbled on this site by looking for decals to put on my cars.

Where are you from?
I live in the great state of Florida right behind Mickey Mouse. One of these days I'm cage to get that rat and his pales too :lol:.

When did you start playing racing games?
I started my racing career on Atari's Pole Position in the arcades. Yes I'm showing my age :banghead:.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
No I don't. All PS4 controller. Happy to say I'm a mid C DR. Arthritis hasn't got me yet.

What other games do you enjoy?
Racing, Flying, and anything WWII related.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
I'm looking to learn a few new tricks and to help out where I can.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Googled GT -DR and SR rating
Australia
Not that long ago
Not yet but looking into which one to use first up
F1 and and old school games
Just seeing what everyone is doing in GT SPORTS 👍

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Hello to everyone
My name is Adam and I’m from the uk I have been playing racing games From the 80s to the present I use and range of Steering wheels and game consoles but right now I am just happy to have my ps5 and the whole set up I’m really happy to have found this place as it’s where more girls and guys like myself😂 my ps I’d if anybody wants to add me is Red-Elite82 and maybe have a game together anyways I will stop chatting and get back to my gaming anyhows to everyone have fun and stay safe 👍

Hi guys!

So I wanted to introduce myself, since this is encouraged :)
Was searching for AC tracks and mod creators and this looks to be one of the prime destinations
  • Where are you from?
It's complicated.. but for the last 4 years I'm based in Berlin
In early 1990s .. Grand Prix Circuit by Accolade released in 1987 was the first racing game I've played a lot when I was very small.
Yes. Logitech, but getting into Fanatec slowly. Recently built a rig with wind and base-shakers :)
Mostly play VR games. But more recently - only sim racing (AC and AMS2, since those two are great in VR)
I have background in 3D and VFX and getting into track modding. So mostly want to discuss modding AC

Hi guys!

So I wanted to introduce myself, since this is encouraged :)
Was searching for AC tracks and mod creators and this looks to be one of the prime destinations
  • Where are you from?
It's complicated.. but for the last 4 years I'm based in Berlin
In early 1990s .. Grand Prix Circuit by Accolade released in 1987 was the first racing game I've played a lot when I was very small.
Yes. Logitech, but getting into Fanatec slowly. Recently built a rig with wind and base-shakers :)
Mostly play VR games. But more recently - only sim racing (AC and AMS2, since those two are great in VR)
I have background in 3D and VFX and getting into track modding. So mostly want to discuss modding AC
Welcome! Our AC community has really exploded over the past year; you're definitely in the right place. 👍

• Where are you from?

I search gt from website.
I’m from Thailand.
12-13 year old
I’m play with joystick
Grandturismo

Hello everyone, I am based in the USA and play Gran Turismo Sport and looking to play other games in the future like Assetto Corsa. Currently I'm a controller player and I found this site trying desperately to find GT7 release date info.

I found this site trying desperately to find GT7 release date info.
You're definitely in the right place. :D

Even after all these years, it's shocking to me just how quickly people are able to find things from around the world and post them in our forums here.

Welcome!

Ha. The newz of GTPlanet has travelled far and wide on the internet.

Where are you from?
Cape Town, South Africa.

2 and a half years ago. (Aged 61. Yeah, old fart.)

Yes, started with a PS4 and a G29, moved to PC, and traded the G29 for a G920 in a "this suits you better than me" sitch with a mate.
In a Playseat Challenge.

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020. Of course :)

Keeping up, learning more about modding, sharing the love.

• Where are you from?

Hi All.
Great site! I found it while researching wheels and sim hardware.
...Been playing racing games since the 80s but only recently got a proper wheel and pedal set up (now I'm hooked).
I'm on a PS3 console playing GT5 and GT6. I took the plunge with a Thrustmaster set up - T150 wheel - T3PA pedals - TH8A shifter - Built my own handbrake too. After a few months I upgraded to a T300 base with 599 Ferrari Alcantara wheel. Having loads of fun but slacking on my household chores a bit : )

Ha. The newz of GTPlanet has travelled far and wide on the internet.
Ha, nice, I love to hear it. :D Welcome!
Hi All.
Great site! I found it while researching wheels and sim hardware.
...Been playing racing games since the 80s but only recently got a proper wheel and pedal set up (now I'm hooked).
I'm on a PS3 console playing GT5 and GT6. I took the plunge with a Thrustmaster set up - T150 wheel - T3PA pedals - TH8A shifter - Built my own handbrake too. After a few months I upgraded to a T300 base with 599 Ferrari Alcantara wheel. Having loads of fun but slacking on my household chores a bit : )
Sounds like a very good setup there, nice job on the custom handbrake, too. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Ha, nice, I love to hear it. :D Welcome!

Sounds like a very good setup there, nice job on the custom handbrake, too. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Thanks Jordan! I felt compelled to build the handbrake to get the most out of Gran Turismo 5 and 6.
There are really cool ones out there... but none that I know of work with PS3. I should post about it if any "retro" PS3 people are interested.

Bem-vindo a um tópico especial apenas para novos membros! : D

Este é o melhor lugar para fazer sua primeira postagem e se familiarizar com o site. Aqui estão algumas perguntas que gostamos de fazer a todos ...
  • Como você encontrou o GTPlanet?
  • De onde você é?
  • Quando você começou a jogar jogos de corrida?
  • Você brinca com um volante? Se sim, que tipo você usa?
  • Que outros jogos você gosta?
  • O que você está mais ansioso para fazer na comunidade?
Como sempre, diga-nos se precisar de ajuda para se orientar no site ou usar sua conta. Bem-vindo ao GTPlanet!

: gtpflag:
Hi, I'm Matheus, I'm from Brazil and I found this place looking for setups for specific cars in Gran Turismo Sport, then I realized that this was a huge community of racing game players, so I got interested in the place. I started playing racing games in 2009, with ATV off road fury 4, on PS2 and I don't have a steering wheel (sad). I also really like Lego-type games. I'm really looking forward to learning new things here and staying very informed about the news in the virtual automotive world, especially about gran turismo!😄

Last edited:

I've known about this place since the early 2000s, but never posted or registered before yesterday. I was a member of the other GT forums back in the late 90s. I'm sure I'll run into some familiar faces if I hang around here.

Where are you from?

Wisconsin, USA.

The early 90s.

I had the official Logitech GT4 whatever wheel when I was playing that game. I also used it for some PC racing games.

A variety, but especially old console titles.

Keeping abreast of GT7's development and release.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Matheus, I'm from Brazil and I found this place looking for setups for specific cars in Gran Turismo Sport, then I realized that this was a huge community of racing game players, so I got interested in the place. I started playing racing games in 2009, with ATV off road fury 4, on PS2 and I don't have a steering wheel (sad). I also really like Lego-type games. I'm really looking forward to learning new things here and staying very informed about the news in the virtual automotive world, especially about gran turismo!😄
Welcome, Matt! :cheers:

I've known about this place since the early 2000s, but never posted or registered before yesterday. I was a member of the other GT forums back in the late 90s. I'm sure I'll run into some familiar faces if I hang around here.
Wow, a real O.G.! I'm glad to hear that GTF members are still making there way to our forums even after all these years.

You'll find quite a few other old GTF members here as well. Welcome!

A: First of all, this community saved my life. Otherwise I probably would have stopped making skins since the best site to find logos (gt-beginners.net) stopped working. So I started looking for solutions and I found this community debating the issue, trying to find solutions and even offering to help, so I wanted to be a part of it! Between the time of registering and becoming a member the solution came up through a member who went to consult the founder of the site I mentioned, and that changed to a Japanese domain that I would never have found if he hadn't posted this. So I'm already extremely grateful to the community for that.
  • Where are you from?
A: I'm Brazilian, and I live close to São Paulo.
A: That's a good point. Both car racing and racing games have intersected my life since the beginning in the 90s. I basically started with Super Monaco GP, Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II, Nigel Mansell's World Championship and Newman-Haas Indy Car Racing: Featuring Nigel Mansell from Sega Genesis. From then on all games of the console genre in one form or another I saw them (specially F1 games). I got to PCs from Grand Prix 2 by Geoff Crammond (later on I also got to know the first one in the series and the others until the GP4). From then on, all simulators...F1 Challenge, rFactor 1 and 2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competionze and iRacing.
A: Yes, nowadays in use wheel base (V2.5) Fanatec and also their steering wheel (Formula V2) and pedals (V3).
A: I love games that were part of my childhood, like Sega Genesis and Playstation 1. On PCs I'm a big fan of survival games and FPS. Open world games are also very attractive. I'm also always on the lookout for news and extracting the best that each game can offer.
A: Well I'm still getting to know the community. As I said earlier, I entered for a "delicate" question. But I've already seen that they address several subjects that are part of my routine, little by little I'll look better and get involved. I confess that I'm not much of a participant, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the reception and the way topics are dealt with here, it made me want to be a part of it and so I'll be attentive to everything.

• Where are you from?

Good evening!
I started playing GT while still on PS1, stopped in GT4 and now started in sport!
Game in charge!

Last edited by a moderator:

• Where are you from?

1· I found gtplanet thanks to a friend who told me about this community.

2· Im from Valencia, Spain

3· I started playing racing games since 2008

4· yes i play with a steering wheel a logitech g920 with a playseat cockpit

5· I enjoy a wide variety of games, but the ones I usually enjoy the most are: Asseto corsa, the entire Automobilista saga, and the gran turismo.

6· I hope to help as much as possible and meet new people with my likes.

A: First of all, this community saved my life. Otherwise I probably would have stopped making skins since the best site to find logos (gt-beginners.net) stopped working. So I started looking for solutions and I found this community debating the issue, trying to find solutions and even offering to help, so I wanted to be a part of it! Between the time of registering and becoming a member the solution came up through a member who went to consult the founder of the site I mentioned, and that changed to a Japanese domain that I would never have found if he hadn't posted this. So I'm already extremely grateful to the community for that.
Wow, that is quite an endorsement! :D That's an interesting story, I'm really glad to hear you were able to find what you were looking for. 👍
Good evening!
I started playing GT while still on PS1, stopped in GT4 and now started in sport!
Game in charge!
Welcome! It's cool to see that Sport got you back into Gran Turismo. I think there will be even more coming back to the series with GT7.
1· I found gtplanet thanks to a friend who told me about this community.
Ah, word-of-mouth is the best advertising, I'm glad your friend led you here. Welcome!

:cheers:

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

I'm not a new member but I want to answer these questions anyway:lol:

1. I found GT Planet by accident to be honest. I don't remember how it happened, I probably stumbled upon an article one day and thought hang on, this might be a good site to join. What I do remember was wasting hours of my mornings browsing GT and car threads. After a few days I registered my account, leaving the other forum I was a part of. (I don't even want to mention it now)

2. I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I have never lived anywhere else.

3. I started playing racing games when I was 6 years old with the purchase of GT4. I told mum to buy it after seeing Jeremy Clarkson play it on Top Gear.

4. I'm a controller user. It's all I know so I'm pretty good at it.

5. I don't play other games that often, if it all.

6. Getting inside information about GT and interacting with other like-minded people who are into the same things as me.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

HI!

found this Gem of a site by looking for info on a potential new purchase - the Fanatec Mclaren GT3 wheel!
from the UK
have played Racing games ever since i was old enough to play them .. we can come a long way since the 80's! ;-)
i currently have a CSL ELite for my PS4 and play PC2 and F1 2020, sometimes AC too (but prefer the more cars on PC2 and tbh the feedback feel in PC2, maybe because i dont have a good setup for AC yet!)
hopefully i will be able to help and find some help here and there!

Ian

Back