iRacing 2020 Season 1 Update Now Available: The Dawn of AI, New V8 Supercars, and More

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 3, 2019 at 9:03 PM.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

05XR8 and noshog like this.
  2. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Really wish we could have a left hand drive variant.

3. 05XR8

05XR8

You iRacing players are lucky.

Gogga likes this.
  4. GT_brickhole

GT_brickhole

I need a new box so I can get back into this game. Been way too long.

5. Corsa

Corsa Premium

You too could be an iRacer.
    The software runs on a potato which is good money saved as you'll need it for reoccurring monthly payments, $15 tracks, and $11 cars.
    I'm so lucky yay. :boggled:

6. danimac

danimac

So cool really wish we got a V8 Supercars official game like we used to. Also wish Iracing could come to PlayStation some day I’m sure it could run. I just don’t have a good enough PC to run this thing. My old potato specs are
    i5 2400 3.10Hz 750 ti 1GB nvidia. It’s probably the GC that’s not got enough GB.

7. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Your 750ti is on the lower end of iRacing minimum specs but it will absolutely run it at medium settings.

New membership deals are out there including free startup cars/tracks you could give it a one month try for probably $10.

8. danimac

danimac

Nice, thank you. I'm happy with lower settings if I can just have a try.

9. die996

die996

Hey, I'm also on a goddamn GTX 750 Ti. I can play stuff like Descenders, Wreckfest, Automobilista and even Dakar18 (medium graphics but really good draw distance).

10. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Before I upgraded I had a 1050ti 4gb and it did great with everything I threw at it medium settings.
    They’re actually very good little cards. Only reason I upgraded is it didn’t do well at all in VR.

11. noshog

noshog

Has anyone tested out the AI races ? Interested to know how good it is.
    My subscription has lapsed but will probably resign back up in a week or two, pretty keen to do some laps over the holidays again.

12. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281 Premium

Did I read that correctly? 1GB VRAM? If so... it will be your bottleneck. You ideally need a min of 4GB of VRAM. Honestly, anything less than 3GB would require very low settings. The main reason being the size of tracks. You can try it. I would expect a lot of stuttering/ freezing issues.

As far as the update goes...

The new LRP is great! The track is so much smoother. The addition of the F3 to the NDM is fantastic. Watching your tire bounce down the track after a wreck is pure awesomeness! The V8 Super Cars is cool. Although, that Mustang is horrendously ugly! Overall, this update just really excites me for the future of iRacing.

13. mwoodski

mwoodski

...why.

none of them are in real life.