iRacing 2020 Season 1 Update Now Available: The Dawn of AI, New V8 Supercars, and More

So cool really wish we got a V8 Supercars official game like we used to. Also wish Iracing could come to PlayStation some day I’m sure it could run. I just don’t have a good enough PC to run this thing. My old potato specs are
i5 2400 3.10Hz 750 ti 1GB nvidia. It’s probably the GC that’s not got enough GB.

So cool really wish we got a V8 Supercars official game like we used to. Also wish Iracing could come to PlayStation some day I’m sure it could run. I just don’t have a good enough PC to run this thing. My old potato specs are
i5 2400 3.10Hz 750 ti 1GB nvidia. It’s probably the GC that’s not got enough GB.

Your 750ti is on the lower end of iRacing minimum specs but it will absolutely run it at medium settings.

New membership deals are out there including free startup cars/tracks you could give it a one month try for probably $10.

Your 750ti is on the lower end of iRacing minimum specs but it will absolutely run it at medium settings.

New membership deals are out there including free startup cars/tracks you could give it a one month try for probably $10.
Nice, thank you. I'm happy with lower settings if I can just have a try.

Hey, I'm also on a goddamn GTX 750 Ti. I can play stuff like Descenders, Wreckfest, Automobilista and even Dakar18 (medium graphics but really good draw distance).

Before I upgraded I had a 1050ti 4gb and it did great with everything I threw at it medium settings.
They’re actually very good little cards. Only reason I upgraded is it didn’t do well at all in VR.

Has anyone tested out the AI races ? Interested to know how good it is.
My subscription has lapsed but will probably resign back up in a week or two, pretty keen to do some laps over the holidays again.

Did I read that correctly? 1GB VRAM? If so... it will be your bottleneck. You ideally need a min of 4GB of VRAM. Honestly, anything less than 3GB would require very low settings. The main reason being the size of tracks. You can try it. I would expect a lot of stuttering/ freezing issues.

As far as the update goes...

The new LRP is great! The track is so much smoother. The addition of the F3 to the NDM is fantastic. Watching your tire bounce down the track after a wreck is pure awesomeness! The V8 Super Cars is cool. Although, that Mustang is horrendously ugly! Overall, this update just really excites me for the future of iRacing.

Has anyone tested out the AI races ? Interested to know how good it is.

From what I have been reading although so far it is a very limited implementation the overall release is getting pretty good reviews.

What I find interesting is that the AI drivers names, the cars on track and paint schemes (once its fully released) can be set by the user to make up a custom race grid. The aggression levels can be set for individual cars as well as a very wide user adjustable skill range. Also currently up to 40 cars can be on the grid without ill effects.

Finally a multiclass AI racing scenario that the field and cars is determined by the user not the game seems to be coming with future updates.

Also for new players the AI races can be set up to follow the exact path that an online race follows such as sessions, amount of time ect. so a new player can know what to expect when jumping into their intial online races with the service.

I realize this is early but if the AI is in reality what is being claimed online it may just take iracing more mainstream for a lot of casual racers.

This is what I have been waiting for before joining the service. I hate hotlapping and the AI will let me learn the cars, tire models/physics and tracks without risking an online players race finish as I learn.

I think it is a good move for iracing and will attract more people to join the service which increases the amount of money available for even more improvements by the larger user base.

This is what I have been waiting for before joining the service. I hate hotlapping and the AI will let me learn the cars, tire models/physics and tracks without risking an online players race finish as I learn.

I think people underestimate the enjoyment of being in a practise session with a bunch of other people. You have other cars on the track so you get to learn how to interact with them and maybe even find someone your own pace to race closely for a few laps. But at the same time you're not racing, people can make mistakes and apologise and everything's fine. You can ask for setups or advice, watch other people's lines, and generally interact with other humans in a calm and no pressure environment.

It's something that doesn't really exist to the same extent in most other racing games, but it's how iRacing chooses to bridge the gap between solo hotlapping and an actual race. And it's pretty good, better than you might think.

IMO, the AI is only useful in practice or test. I wouldn't want them hitting my iRating/licence as they can be relatively aggressive. Cool though. I think its the best AI I've raced against. At 100% It takes really good laps to beat them. At 125%, I feel like I'm racing against some who is ridiculously fast.

On the tire physics... they seem a little laughable when dead cold. I've driven a race car on rock hard over-cycled tires and it didn't feel as bad as the 911 Cup Car. But it is what it is.

I have been on I racing on and off for almost 10 years. You don't need to buy every car or track. The racing is like nothing you have ever experienced. For instance. People put up there own races and they love to run the trucks. Toyota and the Silverado and if they aint running a fixed set , the will always be willing to give you a setup. I never thought I would like oval racing, but when everyone have a fixed set , there would be these few guys that would always pull away. you think they were cheating. Its all about racecraft , slow in fast out of the turns. Its not that easy but eventually after runing hundreds of laps , you figure it out. Its been the same group of guys that I been racing with for years. Iracing is a true racing simm with racing from rookie to pro. Its not that much money. The cars are hard to master. I run the Mazda cup car all the time and its amazing how fast some of the drivers are. They actually pay you to run in the official races. 20 bucks a season to run all the different tracks for that season for a certain type of car. Hit me up anytime, just be respectful to other drivers or you will learn fast how quick you can get on someones blackist and not have fun. Been there. And by the way, Setting up a car to run different tracks is really hard. The learning curve is large. Run 20 laps they same way and come in and check your telemetry. Add some air to the front right tire and do 20 more laps, comein again and maybe it wasnt tire pressure not getting you thru turn. Take out the air you put in and then you add more spring to the front right ,run 15 to 20 laps and did you get any faster. Keep notes on everything you add or change and lap times because eventually you will get frustrated because you think you setup isn't fast enough. being consistent on how you drive will make a big difference and that setup that you made that is maybe a 1/2 second or more faster than the next guy will eventually get you your win. you would be surprised on who races in Iracing. Nascar guys show up all the time with setups that people make for them but its fun that you get to race with them and beat them to the line. who knows, you could win a madza cup ride with the real racers for a few races by wining the Championship. Everyone is eligible. you just got to be fast

Did I read that correctly? 1GB VRAM? If so... it will be your bottleneck. You ideally need a min of 4GB of VRAM. Honestly, anything less than 3GB would require very low settings. The main reason being the size of tracks. You can try it. I would expect a lot of stuttering/ freezing issues.

As far as the update goes...

The new LRP is great! The track is so much smoother. The addition of the F3 to the NDM is fantastic. Watching your tire bounce down the track after a wreck is pure awesomeness! The V8 Super Cars is cool. Although, that Mustang is horrendously ugly! Overall, this update just really excites me for the future of iRacing.
I ran a i5 with 8gb ram and an amd 7870 gpu for like 8 years. Iracing is not all that bad on an old pc. 60fps and your golden. now I have a really good computer and now realize i was missing the eye candy graphics. try to master the advanced mazda cup series. open setups . not alot of things to setup but they are fast drivers and pretty much worry free racing . Its all about race craft . Smooth driving into turn and when you hit the apex back hard on the gas for alot more turns and laps.

Back