Spa Franchorchamps 2x
Okayama 2x
Indianapoplis 2x
Suzuka when it arrives 2x

1. Hampus_dh (Hampus Andersson)
2. Shhiny48 (Shinya Michimi)
3. The Outlaw
4. Jav (Javier Torres)

Times can change but will be around 21.00 GMT/UTC.

If you don´t know what your time is in correlation to GMT then check the link below.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=GTPlanet+F1+League&iso=20110511T21

It will be a GP2 Style event where we do one race on a sever, then switch to the next server in 5min to do the smaller race.

Laps and distance below,

35 laps for Silverstone Feature = 179.9km
24 laps for Silverstone Sprint = 123.3km

42 laps for Zandvoort Feature = 180.558km
28 laps for Zandvoort Sprint = 120.372km

24 laps for Spa Franchorchamps Feature = 168km
17 laps for Spa Franchorchamps Sprint = 119km

49 laps for Okayama Feature = 182.476km
32 laps for Okayama Sprint = 119.168km

43 laps for Indianapolis Feature = 180.170km
29 laps for Indianapolis Sprint = 121.510km

31 laps for Suzuka Feature = 180.017km
21 laps for Suzuka Sprint = 121.947km

F1 template for those who want to skin their own cars,
https://rapidshare.com/files/2356748721/Williams_FW31_-_color_coded__1_.psd

Last edited:
I'm interested

1. Hampus_dh
2. Shhiny48 (Shinya Michimi on iRacing)
3. The Outlaw

1. Hampus_dh
2. Shhiny48 (Shinya Michimi on iRacing)
3. The Outlaw
4. Jav

I'm not a member yet but am very interested! Still trying to install my video card before I sign up...

Maybe we can start a little with discussing the layout of the league?

Like for instance, exact replica of 09 season with full races and full GP weekends? :)
Or half races (150km) etc?

Share some thoughts on how you would like it to be.

1. Can a rookie compete? I'd make sure not to smash anyone
2. If a rookie can compete, I guess I would have to look into buying those tracks and the f1 car.

I really need to get my practice on tonight so I won't have to ask questions like this anymore. Need to get out of noob status (aka rookie)

1. Can a rookie compete? I'd make sure not to smash anyone
2. If a rookie can compete, I guess I would have to look into buying those tracks and the f1 car.

I really need to get my practice on tonight so I won't have to ask questions like this anymore. Need to get out of noob status (aka rookie)

Rookie over here too dude!

As for the structure. I think a GP2 style feature and sprint race would be really cool. And allow repairs, things can and most likely will go wrong lol. Official practice would be cool. 2 1 hour 30 minute sessions. Can you do qualifying on a hosted session?

Yes rookies are of course allowed, only thing i´m asking in return is that you practice to the point where you can keep the car on track ;)

Remember that this is an insanely hard car to drive, not to mention with alot of fuel onboard.
I can honestly say that i´ve probably done over 50 laps at Okayama now and i still think i need another 50 atleast to be sure in myself.

shhiny48 Yea i´m up for that, unfortunately we don´t have the option of doing several races or switch the order of the cars right now but we could just start up two sessions after each other. Reversed grid will we not be able to do right now though.

As far as Official practice i can host 4hour sessions so that everybody can find an hour or so to practice due to the timezones. Maybe a session on Thursday, Friday, race on Saturday or move it one day ahead so we race on Sundays etc.

Yes qulaifying can be done but only before the actual race i´m afraid.

I did some checking now,

Example for race day,

GTPlanet Formula 1 League GP2 Style!

Maximum Participants - 40

60 Min Practice
30 Min Qualifying (open or closed, your call. Closed means only 4 laps tops, while 30 minutes let´s you do a hell of alot more laps.)
15 laps of Racing

Then we do one right afterwards with only Qualifying and Race with 15 more laps.

Then as we have done a season and everybody knows the car better we can start evolving the series if you like.

Btw, the session above will cost $1 only.
4 hours practice sessions will cost $2. So it´s $0.50 an hour.

Ok thank your for the info, i really should watch GP2 more :P

that means,

hampus_dh
Ok thank your for the info, i really should watch GP2 more :P

that means,

Sound good to me.

GP2 is an amazing series. So much excitement. I wish iRacing would get a GP2 or GP3 car. It would be way more fun than the F1 IMO

Yea GP2 series is really nice, it doesn´t face the same problems as F1 does.
Hamilton´s run at Turkey was nothing short of spectacular.

Looks like it'll be a few weeks before I can join you guys, gotta get me a better power supply to be able to run the video card I got wich requires a minimum of 450W and the power supply this pc came with its rated for 250W max... Any suggestions on what to buy?

Don´t hold back on power supply is all i can say, i bought a 1200W and i use around 800-900W loaded.

It´s always better to have some margin so it doesn´t have to work so hard and you don´t have to buy another one in the future when you upgrade other parts of the computer.

What brand or so i have no idea m8.

5 guys won´t make a nice league, we need to recruit more drivers if we want to do this.
I would put up a thread on the iracing forum telling them about the GP2 style event etc but i can´t until the 20th.

Did a provisional stat-board because i was bored. It looks horrible and if we get this league through then i will make a much nice one i promise :) It´s missing alot of other information aswell.
http://quikk.se/?a5240

Last edited:
Jav
Looks like it'll be a few weeks before I can join you guys, gotta get me a better power supply to be able to run the video card I got wich requires a minimum of 450W and the power supply this pc came with its rated for 250W max... Any suggestions on what to buy?

Hi Jav, I recently upgraded the graphics card & memory in my PC too, I replaced my PSU with a Corsair 550W(Which works fine). There wasn't need for a more powerful one as my PC is old & my next upgrade will have to be a completely new computer.

hampus_dh
Did a provisional stat-board because i was bored. It looks horrible and if we get this league through then i will make a much nice one i promise :) It´s missing alot of other information aswell.

I can work one if you like. I'm taking digital art as a major in college.

That would be awsome if you could, something fresh and clean would be a million times better then this :)

The only things missing that should also be present is these,

Time it took for leader to finish the race,
+ time for all the other drivers (+5.433 etc)
What team they are in
How many points everyone got
Maybe a small square for team logo next to the name?

Another board for Championship standings
Another for Constructors Championship standings,

Also, it´s important that they are all in 1920x1080 so they fit the highlight videos i will make. If Chris doesn´t want to commentate i think i have one in reserve aswell.

It never occured to you that it might be a good idea to read the first post of the thread? :)

Or atleast the second sentence of it ;)

It never occured to you that it might be a good idea to read the first post of the thread? :)

Or atleast the second sentence of it ;)

Woops. Well I'm interested. But I don't have all those tracks yet. If you guys start next month I'll definitely join.

Sounds good, i don´t think we will get this running in atleast a month anyway so i think your safe.

I would bet that after the summer, maybe after iRacing 2.0 has arrived with the new tire model we will have enough participation to get things started.
Hopefully it will be before that but it´s summer now so people have other priorities.

hampus_dh
That would be awsome if you could, something fresh and clean would be a million times better then this :)

The only things missing that should also be present is these,

Time it took for leader to finish the race,
+ time for all the other drivers (+5.433 etc)
What team they are in
How many points everyone got
Maybe a small square for team logo next to the name?

Another board for Championship standings
Another for Constructors Championship standings,

Also, it´s important that they are all in 1920x1080 so they fit the highlight videos i will make. If Chris doesn´t want to commentate i think i have one in reserve aswell.

I can get working on them after work. Are you still considering doing the series? I own all but one of those tracks now.

Back