iRacing F1 mini league

• Thread starter hampus_dh
  • 51 comments
Ok thanks really appreciate it Shinya.
Yes i am 100% commited to start an F1 league. I will see if i can recruit more members and see if we can get live admins etc watching the race etc.

Maybe we could do the first season in half distance but do mandatory pitstops etc.

almost forgot, we need one more board.
the grid board before the race starts.

Here are some from another F1 league, maybe help some in terms of just general layout i don´t know.

Here is the series i took them from. The plan isn´t to copy them but to create our own series with our own flair. But the general idea will be very similar in the end i hope.

Last edited:
hampus_dh
Ok thanks really appreciate it Shinya.
Yes i am 100% commited to start an F1 league. I will see if i can recruit more members and see if we can get live admins etc watching the race etc.

Maybe we could do the first season in half distance but do mandatory pitstops etc.

almost forgot, we need one more board.
the grid board before the race starts.

Here are some from another F1 league, maybe help some in terms of just general layout i don´t know.

Here is the series i took them from. The plan isn´t to copy them but to create our own series with our own flair. But the general idea will be very similar in the end i hope.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOIiBn9e_Y&feature=feedu">YouTube Link</a>

I could do black for the background of the names for now. But when we get an official list of people we can put there nationality's flag in that spot with a black border. That would probably look pretty cool.

We have to have a system too where we submit our .tga files for the races. Then you could mass email everyones with their number and everything.

Sounds good!
Yea i think that we maybe can use TradingPaints.com
They have a special feature which is very nice actually.

You can just open up your TP desktop downloader, choose lists, search on GTP, our list will the pop up, press subscribe.
So for every race the only thing you have to do is open TradingPaints and let it update the list.

If your a new guy wanting to get in the series all you do is upload you paint on TP. Notify me of it.
Let me add it to the list, do the above and that´s it.

If you have uploaded a skin the let me know, i searched for you Shinya but you only had a Star Mazda skin uploaded for now.

Numbers i think we have to pre-determine so people don´t end up with the same number which in turn changes for one person since i think they go with who has the highest iRating and if that´s the same it´s SR.

When I said numbers I meant have your iRacing account number on the .tga so you wouldnt have to ask for theirs.

Yeah I haven't posted any of my FW31 liveries. I do like my Star Mazda a lot though. Good ole carbon fiber.

Ok now i´m lost :) Having your account number as you skin-name is something you have to have in order for yourself and others can view it. Maybe i´m missing something here?

Yea nice looking car for sure :)

hampus_dh
Ok now i´m lost :) Having your account number as you skin-name is something you have to have in order for yourself and others can view it. Maybe i´m missing something here?

Yea nice looking car for sure :)

Correct. I was just saying that we would have to make sure everyone does that. How does the trading paints installer work?

I see. Well here´s a tutorial on pretty much everything except for the skinning itself.

1. Save your skin as a .tga file, name it with your Customer ID which can be found here through Press Room/My account,

2. Register at TradingPaints.com, upload your paint, download the TP Desktop installer found here,

3. Notify me that you have indeed uploaded a paint so i can put it on our list we have there.

4. Open the TP installer, then click on lists, search for GTP, click on the list.
Hit subscribe, then download.

Then it might be a good idea to check Options in the downloader.
There you can choose what cars you want to download skins for,
If it should check for skins not being used aswell.

I personally just check the boxes of cars i´m running.
So at the moment i´m running F1 and V8, so when i start TP (which i do maybe once every three days or so) it just downloads skins for those cars.

I can tell you that if you haven´t had TP before it will be like a new game visually. No more boring homemade iracing skins, instead beautiful recreations of replicas or team skins. Makes the racing so much more pleasing, for me atleast.

So instead of the regular Williams skin, it could look like this,

Or my V8 Supercar,

Instead of something like this,
fordv8_ss_6_screen_full.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don´t know really, on one hand i like the layout of it, on the other hand i think it looks to paint-ish and to little F1 style or Photoshop ish.
I would also like to see 1st and 2nd not being levelled so it is more of a "stair".

I would also like to see everything transparent but obviously not as much. Just want sort of a glass feel you know,

Also keep in mind that we hopefully will be 24 drivers, it would be nice to fit them all on one screen aswell.

I can't use Photoshop for the life of me. You'll have to find someone else to do them lol. Photoshop hates me lol.

Have you seen a difference from paints in the original iRacing as to the iRacing 2.0? My Sauber paint is all messed up after the update. And none of my illustrator templates work anymore

iRacing 2.0 hasn´t arrived yet but i think there was a change in resolution for skins some time ago. Basically all the old ones became useless..

iRacing 2.0 hasn´t arrived yet but i think there was a change in resolution for skins some time ago. Basically all the old ones became useless..

Lame, i shall start working on my new paintjob then for the series. Do real life livery rules (FIA) apply? Just curious

Yea you can skin whatever you want, i doubt Ferrari or Mclaren for instance would care if you had their skin in a game ;)
But i think if you were to drive for the World Championship it´s probably best not to.
And you would probably have companys wanting to sponsor you anyway if you are that quick :P

Or did you mean for this series? If yes, then it´s the same, race whatever skin you want. If we have teams you would have to have the same though as your teammate.

Yea you can skin whatever you want, i doubt Ferrari or Mclaren for instance would care if you had their skin in a game ;)
But i think if you were to drive for the World Championship it´s probably best not to.
And you would probably have companys wanting to sponsor you anyway if you are that quick :P

I was meaning like how the FIA doesn't allow non symmetrical liveries. I am sponsored... in real life lol.

Back