iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
  • 335,763 views
I've got the print screen working off my Elgato catpure device
14114581836_3e236ee7fa_c.jpg

Next question.
On the MX5, I have tried to remove the sponosor images at the bottom of the door and rear bumper but it keeps on showing up on the vehicle when i load it into the game.
(image below is for reference and not my work)

13977959539_403c81ded5_b.jpg


Final question, my mate changed his car paint, so in game he could see his new scheme but when we raced I could see his old scheme??? anyone had this before?

edit, done some reading up and I noticed I need to share my designs with my mates and also some logos I can not change.

Are you using TradingPaints?
 
@Carlos , Yes I do have an account but to be honest I haven't looked into it how it all works.I will read up on it today.


Mean while, here is my WIP of a SENNA design of th MX5 for @rmendesd

13982409548_50e5479006_o.jpg

14145895166_134afc2e4d_o.jpg

Just need to add the gold piping now
 
@Carlos , Yes I do have an account but to be honest I haven't looked into it how it all works.I will read up on it today.


Mean while, here is my WIP of a SENNA design of th MX5 for @rmendesd

13982409548_50e5479006_o.jpg

14145895166_134afc2e4d_o.jpg

Just need to add the gold piping now

If you want your paints to be shown to everybody you have to install and use TradingPaints. (I will now use TP) TP is a program that runs in the background and loads other player liveries when you join a server. Simply upload your livery to TP (on their website) and your livery will be shown to everybody using TP. Most of the time liveries will display from the moment you joined, but in few occasions you have to wait for a bit or you can reload everything using Ctrl+R.

If you like you can also use TP to upload paints for your suit or helmet. Just make sure you install the TP driver, put in the settings you like (I advice you to select the option that deletes all the paints after you quit the race otherwise your PC will be full with content you don't use) and do the rest on their website. Don't forget to link your TP account to your iRacing account.

Good luck with your paints mate 👍
 
lol, so is that from other people vehicles it has down loaded???

I guess I need to run TP before i start iracing?
 
Kinda forgot about this and deleted 3.7GB of paint files that i have piled up lmao.

3.7 :lol: That sounds like at least a couple of thousend paints :crazy:

lol, so is that from other people vehicles it has down loaded???

I guess I need to run TP before i start iracing?

Yes, it downloads the paints of other drivers in the server you are in, then deletes them all after you quit. Or not, then you end up having 3.7 gb's of paints :lol:

If you have TP installed, you can select the option that it always starts up right after your pc started up so you don't have to worry about it again.
 
lol, so is that from other people vehicles it has down loaded???

I guess I need to run TP before i start iracing?
I never set TP to delete the skinds it downloads after the session so ive been stockpiling other peoples skins. I highly recommend getting TP because it just brings a little more out of the game, racing against the generic Iracing liveries is a bit boring.

I had 1.04GB in ruf skins alone, 50% were probably all martini skins i bet.
 
Thanks both, I do have TP so I will just need to set it to start up when I boot up the pc.
 
all good. Raced last night and we could all see eathothers paint jobs :)
 
Kinda forgot about this and deleted 3.7GB of paint files that i have piled up lmao.
you should have seen my iracing folder before this feature was added, it was almost 27 GB just in paints, I was actually excited for that feature :lol:
 
Last edited:
I am hearing that the DW12 is very difficult to paint. Is this true?
 
BMW paint I said I'd do about a month ago :lol:

Still a WIP ATM


Looks amazing, I would have done an Ebay Motors one myself but have absolutely no talent in PS.
 
BMW paint I said I'd do about a month ago :lol:

Still a WIP ATM

That thing is looking awesome!! Damn! Looking forward to seeing the final product!
 
Id suggest moving the castrol, ngk and omp logos to run along the side skirt and make the ebay logo its actual color instead of solid white but thats just me, looks good otherwise.
 
Made the base black, charcoal looked strange :lol:













Damn!! That thing is hot!! One of the best if not the best looking Z4 I've seen so far!!!
 
Hmmmmm, I actually liked the Charcoal grey more than the Black. I love that shot from the top!
 
The eBay livery is awesome man!!
 
Back