iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
  • 335,819 views
Was looking around Google for inspiration when a concept of the BTCC BMW came up in white. thought I'd test it on my Z4



Also in charcoal grey. Cant see to much difference between that and black.



Was also thinking of starting my own showroom type thing on the iRacing forums, what do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
Was looking around Google for inspiration when a concept of the BTCC BMW came up in white. thought I'd test it on my Z4



Also in charcoal grey. Cant see to much difference between that and black.



Was also thinking of starting my own showroom type thing on the iRacing forums, what do you guys think?

That's some nice work there...very well done!

As for starting your own showroom...I'd say go for it...as long as there's enough interest from other racers...

I'm assuming you'd charge a small fee for doing such a job?
 
Was looking around Google for inspiration when a concept of the BTCC BMW came up in white. thought I'd test it on my Z4



Also in charcoal grey. Cant see to much difference between that and black.



Was also thinking of starting my own showroom type thing on the iRacing forums, what do you guys think?

Looks very good 👍 Keep it going and see where your showroom gets you :D
 
Ok thanks guys. Ill put something together and open my showroom up over the weekend.
 
Z4 looks great!

Sneak preview of my next car






Sucks about having a number on the roof, would there be a way of removing it during a race ect?
 









Didn't turn out quite as clear as I thought it would. what do you guys think?
 
Finally got around to getting a Gen-6 painted. Simple, but I like it

x3iuf5.png


Need to clean up the line a bit as it doesn't quite match up with the rear bumper, but meh.
 
Not sure what was going on early but wouldn't let me post pics.

Anyway here are a couple new paint schemes a buddy did for me for my Toyota gen 6 and SLM. Been forever since I had any new paints since I don't do any painting myself.







 
New paint, Mazda MX-5 cup. The design is loosely based off of Edoardo Mortara's DTM livery. Instead of having "Audisport Performance Cars" on the side, I put "Mazdaspeed performance cars". Tried to do the red/grey/black transition spikes on the rear quarter, but that was way too hard, and all my efforts looked terrible. I'm still learning as I go along though, so my paints will probably start to get more detailed.

10656.jpg

iRacingSim%202012-09-18%2023-08-03-40_zps68719901.jpg
Nailed it
 
Nailed it
Hahaha oh come on, give me a break here. That was one of my first paints, it's not great but it was a start. Not to mention that post is 2 years old, I've improved quite a bit since then.
 
So will the "free" trading paints program work? Also, what are other "free" programs like Gimp?
 
You cant paint cars with the free version of TP, but you can with Gimp, TP is free to run, but not paint.$20 for the upgrade to paint.
 
You cant paint cars with the free version of TP, but you can with Gimp, TP is free to run, but not paint.$20 for the upgrade to paint.
So all i need to do is run the free version of trading paints in the background to have my car seen and see others???
 
So all i need to do is run the free version of trading paints in the background to have my car seen and see others???

Correct. As long as you have uploaded your paints to TP others will be able to see yours long as they have TP as well.
 
What software do you guys use? The trading paints one or...?
 
I use a mixture of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to make mine.
What exactly do you use Illustrator for, logos? Ive never tried it but i might in the future.

What software do you guys use? The trading paints one or...?
Trading paints one isnt really that great at all when you can compare it to what you can do in PS, GIMP, or Paint.net.
 
What exactly do you use Illustrator for, logos? Ive never tried it but i might in the future.

I mainly use Illustrator because I really don't like the pen tool in Photoshop. It's not 100% the same, and I had done a lot of Vector drawings throughout High School. But, mainly I draw my lines and my logo's all through Illustrator and then port them to Photoshop, where I add color layers and such.
 
A little blurry, but here's my DW12 livery
10567388_433341920138807_767902126_n.jpg
 
Agree ^

From what I can see, it looks great! Looks like something a real Indycar would have.
 
Back