iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
I personally use Gimp which is a essentially a free version of Adobe's Photoshop and Illustrator combined into one program, but isn't as good as the two separate programs individually. If you don't have Photoshop and Illustrator then don't go out and spend the money if all you'll be doing is painting cars, but if you do then give both a try.

Photoshop CS2 for "free". It's old but still gold.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

I thought that was an accident because they pulled it shortly after. They must have realized that the damage was already done and reposted it.

So, its been awhile since I've posted (or painted) anything and posted here. Could anyone here provide me with the template for the following cars:

Corvette DP
Ford Mustang xfinity
Toyota Camry Sprint Cup
Toyota Camry xfinity
Chevy Camaro xfinity
Audi R8 LMS

So, its been awhile since I've posted (or painted) anything and posted here. Could anyone here provide me with the template for the following cars:

Corvette DP
Ford Mustang xfinity
Toyota Camry Sprint Cup
Toyota Camry xfinity
Chevy Camaro xfinity
Audi R8 LMS

@RACECAR

Those should all be downloadable through the main members site. Go to Account - Customize paint schemes - Cars and then allong the top next to the help bar is Download car templates button. You can either download the ones individually or the whole set :)

@RACECAR

Those should all be downloadable through the main members site. Go to Account - Customize paint schemes - Cars and then allong the top next to the help bar is Download car templates button. You can either download the ones individually or the whole set :)

Sadly, I can't do it through those means as I currently am unable to reactivate my account.

I also think you can download the templates off of trading paints.

I'll check that out, last I saw I didn't see where I could.

I have a question, when you create your own livery, does everyone racing you in every race you do see it? Like does iracing send their computer your livery file so it can show your car properly?

I have a question, when you create your own livery, does everyone racing you in every race you do see it? Like does iracing send their computer your livery file so it can show your car properly?

You need to download tradingpaints.com in order for you to see everybody's custom paint and same goes for them to see yours. It runs in the background and downloads the paints of the others in the race room to your pc. So yes it works like you said by needing to have others paint files on your pc and the trading paints program does that for you.

Yeah , people are too lazy to throw a basic iracing paint on their car. Anyway , that's not a problem for you now !👍

Yeah I have all my cars painted black so if somebody doesn't have trading paints or I drive a car I don't have a custom paint for people just see a all black car rather than the unpainted white.

A request that @Rebellion765 fulfilled for me. It's beautiful. :embarrassed:

iRacingSim64DX11 2016-05-20 23-49-48-425.jpg

iRacingSim64DX11 2016-05-21 00-08-18-050.jpg

Untitled-1.png

My first proper iRacing scheme. The funny thing about it is, that I got the template through a friend who asked me to do a paint scheme for him, but it isn't the one seen in the pic becaue I messed it up. I made the paint scheme in the picture for myself, since I'm planning to maybe get iRacing for myself in the near future. That's why I can only post the "Photoshop" version of it.

I know it's nothing special, but this is a scheme I plan on having the drivers in my IROC Series run with variations in color for everyone, as well as their last name being on the car, not mine (obviously).

IROC WIP in game.png

P.S. URL and TIRE are the Series' Organizations, and the glitched paint around the numbers is an in-game issue, not paint scheme related.

Haven't played iRacing, but I like how iRacing gives you these templates for your car's livery unless you are good at making your own liveries. I saw one Twitch stream that had someone quickly design a livery for his car before racing. From the various liveries in this thread, these are some quality designs by you all here on GTPlanet.

One of the cars from that race had about the same purple color as Twitch. It was cool seeing some of the more unique liveries on cars.

Back