iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Here is my fictuous team that i run under at the moment. It's a throwback to my Grid days as a console racer. I think when Paulmac eventually sadlles up to the v8 he wants a copy as well as thats where we are from lol.

The Commodore does have Matt Nethercotte's Metallic layers on it, But took them off for photography purposes seeing as his layers for the new FG aern't released yet.

Ford Falcon FG II V8
QLiw7NS.jpg

XNteAtU.jpg

EpKMuUs.jpg

Holden Commodore VF V8
7hkriPl.jpg

DbvOrsD.jpg

ZdlKp90.jpg

I am a Ford man so its the Falcon for me.

- The Commodore was a slightly rushed job because i needed the skin for the OSR ROC Bathurst 1000. -

I definately took a little more time on the Falcon.

Last edited:
I don't, which program should i be using?

I personally use Gimp which is a essentially a free version of Adobe's Photoshop and Illustrator combined into one program, but isn't as good as the two separate programs individually. If you don't have Photoshop and Illustrator then don't go out and spend the money if all you'll be doing is painting cars, but if you do then give both a try.

Can I ask a noob question about iRacing and car paint schemes? I've done a paint scheme for a friend of mine, but on screen it looks really pixelated. He's tried turning off the image compression, and didn't see much improvement. My question is, are any of you increasing the resolution of the template to get very crisp lines? For instance, the template I've tried first was the Super Stock Camaro, its sized to 2048 x 2048, but can I increase the 72ppi to get more pixels?

I'm just a stickler for clean lines, and kinda perplexed by my first go round with this.

Thanks!

I have a lot of free time, maybe I'll play around with making a set of GTP liveries!

Can I ask a noob question about iRacing and car paint schemes? I've done a paint scheme for a friend of mine, but on screen it looks really pixelated. He's tried turning off the image compression, and didn't see much improvement. My question is, are any of you increasing the resolution of the template to get very crisp lines? For instance, the template I've tried first was the Super Stock Camaro, its sized to 2048 x 2048, but can I increase the 72ppi to get more pixels?

I'm just a stickler for clean lines, and kinda perplexed by my first go round with this.

Thanks!

It's possible that your computer simply can't handle the high res paints. What sort of computer specs are you running?

@smuffyatfcp did you take those with the new screenshot feature? I took some the other night and was wondering how to get the dates off of the bottom right corner.

Didn't know there was a new feature as I've not been on iracing for 5 or so months. All I did there was hit space to remove the ui then print screen to capture the image

Didn't know there was a new feature as I've not been on iracing for 5 or so months. All I did there was hit space to remove the ui then print screen to capture the image

Ah ok. Yeah in the latest build last week they added a screenshot and video capture feature within the sim. I've only used the screenshot and it works pretty good but it puts a date the shot was taken in the bottom right corner over the Iracing logo so I was trying to figure out how to get rid of that. I've always used fraps for screenshots but it hasn't worked on Iracing for quite awhile now because I've seen others have the same issue.

Ah ok. Yeah in the latest build last week they added a screenshot and video capture feature within the sim. I've only used the screenshot and it works pretty good but it puts a date the shot was taken in the bottom right corner over the Iracing logo so I was trying to figure out how to get rid of that. I've always used fraps for screenshots but it hasn't worked on Iracing for quite awhile now because I've seen others have the same issue.

Printscreen and paste to paint.

@smuffyatfcp
TP's ISP screwed up and they lost everything, even backups.

Back