iRacing style race league even possible in GT5?

• Thread starter WedgeX
  • 42 comments
ErikAndre71
Don't bother with him Darren, he is obviously a fanboy that love to slam the brakes infront of every corner.. I bet that what scared him out of iRacing.

Physics sucks!!! Lets go back to the outdated black box and do the car museum game again!

You would lose that bet.

Jav
Yes there are shortcomings on the game, but with a lot of work they can be overcomed.
Here you go this is PURE you won't find a more organized group than this guys anywhere:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=240909

I think everyone here except Jay is missing the point of this thread

the question wasn't whether iRacing is better.. no duh....

the question...or my question is WHY can't we have fair racing in GT5 .... regardless of whether the damage model, physics Whatever are inferior - this doesn't answer the question of why we can't have fair racing..... if everyone is on an even playing field with the same car/power then the racing should be fair despite the games shortcommings .... doesn't seem like anyone can answer this question for me though - but clearly it seems there is no simple way to have a fair race in GT5 AT ALL

but jay ... you said it perfectly dude: with A LOT OF WORK .... but in my mind it shouldn't be alot of work at all to have a fair race, so long as the host/admin has control of what cars and power people are using... unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.... I'm not really too sure about the verification processes you are talking about but it sounds very complicated and I'm starting to think 'not worth if for me personally' although the idea of someone else taking care of this might have convniced me to try that league - if I hadn't given my copy of GT5 away and sold my DFGT i Use to play it with, lol... the idea of that league looks great btw...but at the same time I feel bad for the admins who have to do THAT MUCH WORK just to run a fair race.

The only "easy way" to do it in GT5 is to use just 1 car and use the tunning restriction option, in wich case you're stuck with the default tune wich in many casesjust plain sucks!

Jav
The only "easy way" to do it in GT5 is to use just 1 car and use the tunning restriction option, in wich case you're stuck with the default tune wich in many casesjust plain sucks!

Well, there are several spec series on GT5, but, the main problem, is that everyone thinks in the "now" in GT5; "Oh no, so-and-so is in my way, and blocking. I should spin him." without considering the post-race penalties. iRacing doesn't seem to have that problem. :indiff:

This is why I was a co-founder in the W.M.A; to make clean racing accessible.

I just made the step from GT5 to Iracing. GT-series is one of my favorite games. and they still are. GT6 is a game i must have. GT phsychics are limited but still very good. IRacing have a more realistic feel to racing.

Both are good but i am a bit bored whit the gt5-experience. since i play it since the GT5 prologue.

I played Gran Turismo (1) then I had a break for a few (a lot of) years and got hooked on GT5. I guess I try GT10. Until then I have build myself a rig that's not compatible with the Playstation so I wont even go buy GT6.

PD and their academy have ignored Scandinavia every time they did it. Been sitting by and looking at other people have fun and get goodies from participating in it. Cars, suits etc etc. And not being able to participate. I guess GT series is not for us "rally" people up north.

On topic

It is very possible to have clean races in GT5 championship and GTPlanet is the reason to it. Also other forums have their own very clean race championships and it works. It's just so much work for the guys running it, check replays over and over again to make sure everyone is clean and penalize them if their not. Make it hurt not to be clean so people drive more clean next time.
Also your limited in GT series by it doesn't have a dedicated server, making the game buggy or lagging if to many people join a lobby. There are ways to avoid it, but it's just to much hassle in the end.

Also the GT5 crash physics are way off and people use that to their advantage way to often and even in a championship it can be hard to prove anything than a racing incident.

I had tons of fun in GT5 and I have to thank the guys in the ICGTC for it, also the guys in PURE than made the SuperGT cars very even with the specs witch we used. But after moving on, it just felt natural for me.

Good luck on everyone's racing, if it's GT5, Forza, iRacing, rFactor or some simbin sim.

the question...or my question is WHY can't we have fair racing in GT5 ....

Because ... GT5 is a game designed to be played for the masses
Because ... GT5 is not structured to be like iRacing
Because ... GT5 will never be like iRacing

Your question was a loaded question from the get go and unless I'm missing something, anyone that has tried both GT5 and iRacing will know that GT5 is not ready for "Prime Time"

Because ... GT5 is a game designed to be played for the masses
Because ... GT5 is not structured to be like iRacing
Because ... GT5 will never be like iRacing

Your question was a loaded question from the get go and unless I'm missing something, anyone that has tried both GT5 and iRacing will know that GT5 is not ready for "Prime Time"

:lol:

I agree with your point, but, with the organization that we have here, on GTP, it's at least getting closer.

Unfourtunately there's only so much we can do and to be honest PURE is as good as we'll ever get without help from PD wich is pretty much non existent.

I think everyone here except Jay is missing the point of this thread

the question...or my question is WHY can't we have fair racing in GT5 .... regardless of whether the damage model, physics Whatever are inferior - this doesn't answer the question of why we can't have fair racing..... if everyone is on an even playing field with the same car/power then the racing should be fair despite the games shortcommings .... doesn't seem like anyone can answer this question for me though - but clearly it seems there is no simple way to have a fair race in GT5 AT ALL

but jay ... you said it perfectly dude: with A LOT OF WORK .... but in my mind it shouldn't be alot of work at all to have a fair race, so long as the host/admin has control of what cars and power people are using... unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case.... I'm not really too sure about the verification processes you are talking about but it sounds very complicated and I'm starting to think 'not worth if for me personally' although the idea of someone else taking care of this might have convniced me to try that league - if I hadn't given my copy of GT5 away and sold my DFGT i Use to play it with, lol... the idea of that league looks great btw...but at the same time I feel bad for the admins who have to do THAT MUCH WORK just to run a fair race.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to say. You realize that as host you can easily set the power and weight limits or PP limits in GT5? You can also restrict car classes to a certain extent. If you want to run a one car race it is easy for the host to kick anyone who is in the wrong car. The real work is in matching different cars and setting different power limits and weights for each car. iRacing just got the ability to add ballast to a car. It's really not that hard to find a fair race in GT.

The PP system is a joke! And the only way to ensure a fair and balanced race you need to verify te cars one by one before they enter the track. And we still haven't gone into all the testing you need to get the cars balanced! Trust me it's far from easy!

Jav
The PP system is a joke! And the only way to ensure a fair and balanced race you need to verify te cars one by one before they enter the track. And we still haven't gone into all the testing you need to get the cars balanced! Trust me it's far from easy!

:lol: I like balancing cars. I actually find it fun, seeing how close to even I can make them. I made a series with more than 60 cars. :) And, it's fun, and successful, and the championship's very close.

so then WHAT is this new GT5 Tuning APP for if not to bring fair racing? .... what a waste of time that someone made an app for car tuning but STILL it has nothing to do with the lack of fair racing problem..... just wtf?

Back