iRacing Teases Dirt Driving in Newest Screenshot

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember the game Saturday Night Speedway? This reminds me of that.

Hey, dirt racing is fun, man!
Especially rally style,if you love rally it can be much more fun than circuit racing and you can do a little bit of pavement ,snow and dirt
And rally teach you more car controle too.

Dirt track racing = one of the most under-represented forms of racing in video games. Glad to see it finally getting some serious representation.

Still wish there would be a dedicated oval racing sim that would go, both on asphalt and dirt, from 4cyl Mustangs and Civics to NASCAR-type cars and Sprint Cars and everything in between. They wouldn't even need to have any real life tracks. Guess iRacing is the closest we'll ever get to that.

Dirt track racing = one of the most under-represented forms of racing in video games. Glad to see it finally getting some serious representation.

Still wish there would be a dedicated oval racing sim that would go, both on asphalt and dirt, from 4cyl Mustangs and Civics to NASCAR-type cars and Sprint Cars and everything in between. They wouldn't even need to have any real life tracks. Guess iRacing is the closest we'll ever get to that.
Here's an idea: play through Saturday Night Speedway, then, once you're done with that, move on to NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona. :) That's the closest you can get right now.

I don't have a PC, so I obviously don't play I racing. Those Late Model dirt cars are bad ass though, tons of power. The front drivers side wheel is usually off the ground when they hammer down, and around turns. I have a couple friends that race dirt. Would be awesome in a game like iracing, with so much other variety to pick from.

Dirt to daytona was and still is my favorite of the NASCAR console games. World of Outlaws 2002 was also a good one but it's sequel wasn't so great IMO(road to Knoxville).

The official price is $110 a year with several other time intervals. There are lots of promotions. Usually there is one in the spring and one around black Friday. Those two are the big ones. They used to be 50% off but now they are looking to be 25% off. Check the promotions thread in the iRacing sub forum here at GTP for more new subscription promos.

You know, I read cars like dirt late models, dirt street stock, and even the Ford Fiesta RS WRC to be included in the future for iRacing. Same goes for the likes of Eldora and Williams Grove Speedway. This should add a good bit of diversity in tracks.

You know, I read cars like dirt late models, dirt street stock, and even the Ford Fiesta RS WRC to be included in the future for iRacing. Same goes for the likes of Eldora and Williams Grove Speedway. This should add a good bit of diversity in tracks.
iRacing is also making a winged and a non-wined sprint car, and a dirt Legends car.

They have also said there will be a dirt version of USA Speedway. There is a large feedback voice telling iRacing to make a dirt version of Bristol.

If you want proper dirt track racing some Australian guys did some very good games back in the day:
· Dirt Track Racing
· Dirt Track Racing: Sprint Cars
· Dirt Track Racing 2
· Saturday Night Speedway
· Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville
· Sprint Cars: Showndown at Eldora
And they also did a fairly fun oddball: Leadfoot (realistic stadium offroad racing!)

DTR2 is my favourite. You only have 3 classes of cars but can race both in ovals and figure-8 tracks and is also the most realistic. Also, gotta love the "unrealistic" shapes of some of the fantasy ovals (sharp egg, rectangle, etc.)!

If you want proper dirt track racing some Australian guys did some very good games back in the day:
· Dirt Track Racing
· Dirt Track Racing: Sprint Cars
· Dirt Track Racing 2
· Saturday Night Speedway
· Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville
· Sprint Cars: Showndown at Eldora
And they also did a fairly fun oddball: Leadfoot (realistic stadium offroad racing!)

DTR2 is my favourite. You only have 3 classes of cars but can race both in ovals and figure-8 tracks and is also the most realistic. Also, gotta love the "unrealistic" shapes of some of the fantasy ovals (sharp egg, rectangle, etc.)!
On PS3 there was also World of Outlaws Sprint Cars.

I remember playing the crap out of that game. Is it compatible with wheels? Last I tried it was with a pad but now I got my G27 and after throwing a rally car around in GT6 and husling a Dakar Rally vehicle in Dirt 3, I'm looking to see if I do have some fun in it.

That one was basically a remake of DTR:SC, which is my least favorite game by them. Dirt track racing with cars is a lot more fun because you can actually make a bit of contact. Open-wheel dirt racing is rage-inducing because contact screws you easily and also because gotta hate that stupidly short wheelbase with the grippy tyres!

I remember playing the crap out of that game. Is it compatible with wheels? Last I tried it was with a pad but now I got my G27 and after throwing a rally car around in GT6 and husling a Dakar Rally vehicle in Dirt 3, I'm looking to see if I do have some fun in it.
I have no idea. It might but i always used DS3 controller.

Why does no one do this on modern console racers? Would be good fun. Dirt to Daytona would be a great PlayStation store download also if they ever offered it!

Even though I do not have iRacing, I am super excited for this. I love dirt racing and would just like to watch it. :D I would love to have iRacing and my wheel back but that is not really possible right now...

I normally am not really into dirt track racing. But at least in the iRacing realm, I am fairly intrigued to see this kind of stuff in the continually evolving iRacing. iRacing certainly has American racing down pad ranging from various popular courses to a lot of the local short tracks and road courses. I still think we're going to see more dirt ovals. This should be a fun ride.

The sounds of engine, wind and other environmental non-engine sounds, 3 dimensional sensation of sound, and layering/stacking of sound with the field of cars all seem really well done.

How to make sound realistic in dirt track racing: make it very goddamn annoying. I love V8 engines and all that but watching videos from the stands is infuriating, it's just some never ending noise, like a never-ending line of Moto3 bikes blasting down a straight.

Back