iRacing wheel and pedal combo

RobJackson85
How's about a thread for us to discuss are current wheel and pedal setups, or even a p[lace where we could go if we want advice on what to 'upgrade' too?

Currently I'm running with a DF:GT wheel and pedal combo. I find these to work very well with iRacing and have managed to adjust to using them outside of PS3 usage.

As it's my birthday today, and Christmas is only around the corner I will be getting money as many presents as I'm a pain to buy for, I thought an upgrade would be good as I've been interested in motorsport and wanting to take it up as a hobby for many years, I just cant quite afford the real world cost .... so, why not invest in my virtual career and make this a hobby.

I'm looking at the CSP's as an upgrade, I've read many favourable reviews for the price range there in. Does anybody here use them? Or have you in the past? Can you recommend or would you avoid like the plague? Fanatec are currently offer a set of CSP with free tuning kit all for 199.95 euro, works out around £170.

Also I was thinking these as I have officially fallen in love with the CSW, and to be honest will be seriously looking into getting it when it is announced/released. So would have a 'matching set' which I could use both for PC (iRacing) and PS3 (GT5).

CSP are an amazing upgrade... I was looking at getting cannon CST pedals at some distant point in the future for the load cell brake - but they were over $1500 ....and CSP pedals have that for $200 bucks.. my gf bought them for my birthday and they are like the best gift I ever got.... they will be a little challenging to get used to at first but well worth it ....and I would keep in mind they aren't like the logitech pedals where everything is plastic covered - so its a good idea to wipe them off and give them a spray of wD40 into the springs every once in awhile to keep them clean.

even from the g25 pedals I used, for instance I went back to my old g25 pedals last weeked for a day to play Richard Burns Rally (so as not to wear out my CSP on it and clean the dust off a bit with a cloth) and after only using the CSP's for 5 months on iRacing I couldn't believe how bad the g25 pedals were, lol

the only thing I can't comment on is the longevity - like the g25 I'm using is over 2 years old so I can vouch for the durability - the CSP seem very solid but I have only used them for 5+ months, I just hope they keep on going as long as possible because I would hate to have to buy another pair or be forced to go back to shi*y Logitech pedals

I would say the Clubsport Pedals (and even the CSR Elite Pedals) are the best bargains out there today.

Currently I have the CSR Wheel and CSR Elite Pedals. I really like the pedals, the wheel.......meh, it's ok, I'm dead set on the Clubsport Wheel though as soon as it gets released. I'll be building a second cockpit for the CSR setup, and I'll be getting the Clubsport Wheel and either the Clubsport Pedals or the Derek Speare pedals depending how much everything ends up costing.

Current set-up is with the G25 wheel and pedals. Have had it since early 2008
when my dog chewed the AC adapter wire in half on my MOMO wheel.:lol: Gave me an excuse to buy a new wheel. Really want to upgrade to some load cells soon. I don't mind the G25 pedals, but will never go back after some load cells. Tax returns will be coming soon, hhhmmmm?? I'll be conning the wife out of some money.:lol:

I have a DFGT wheel combo but the FF is almost nonexistent at 40 and I can't figure out how to get the stick shift to be recognized by the game or browser game or server or what ever you would call i-Racings program. I tried the H pattern and it won't work so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions beyond buying a new wheel that it may recognize? Do I need some kind of Logitec software installed on my PC to get the game to fully take my shifter input?

I have a DFGT wheel combo but the FF is almost nonexistent at 40 and I can't figure out how to get the stick shift to be recognized by the game or browser game or server or what ever you would call i-Racings program. I tried the H pattern and it won't work so I don't know what to do. Any suggestions beyond buying a new wheel that it may recognize? Do I need some kind of Logitec software installed on my PC to get the game to fully take my shifter input?

Hey Lefty, didn't know you where into iRacing too.👍

If you didn't know already you can increase the FF in the controller setup menu, might be of some help.

I have a Fanatec wheel, so I can't answer the shifter question. But I use the Logitech Gaming software to trick WRC 2010 into thinking my Fanatec wheel is a G25. WRC 2010 doesn't support Fanatec wheels directly. I would try downloading the Logitech software as you suggested and see if it works. Maybe it will work with iRacing too.

How long have you been doing iRacing?

How long have you been doing iRacing?

I went for the $49 deal for a yr., it was my Christmas present to my self so it's been about a month so far. I haven't had much time to play w/ it yet but I was able to figure out how to do a race and got blown away :lol:

I'm total rooky and love the Miata, so for now I'm staying w/ that. It's also because I just bought a 90 Miata so I'm digging the realism. I'll try to install the software because all I have been doing was just plugging in the USB and it worked so that was good enough but since I'm trying to go M/T in everything I have to use the stick because the paddles light up my carpelz. It sukz to be woonded (burned up my tendenz doing GT Academy 2011 Qualy) so I have been taking it easy w/ WRS for the past year.

I went for the $49 deal for a yr., it was my Christmas present to my self so it's been about a month so far. I haven't had much time to play w/ it yet but I was able to figure out how to do a race and got blown away :lol:

I'm total rooky and love the Miata, so for now I'm staying w/ that. It's also because I just bought a 90 Miata so I'm digging the realism. I'll try to install the software because all I have been doing was just plugging in the USB and it worked so that was good enough but since I'm trying to go M/T in everything I have to use the stick because the paddles light up my carpelz. It sukz to be woonded (burned up my tendenz doing GT Academy 2011 Qualy) so I have been taking it easy w/ WRS for the past year.

Great Christmas present.👍

Have fun with the Miata, it's been awhile since I drove that one.

Maybe see you in a race sometime.:)

Yes absolutely! That should fix you FFB issue. With logitech wheels you must run the logitech profiler software. Simply plugging the wheel into the computer without the software doesnt install the drivers correctly. If i recall correctly, without the logitech profiler software what actually happens is that Windows installs your DFGT using a "generic" Windows Game controller software. (this software is meant for joysticks not FFB wheels lol so there lies the problem)

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/4172?section=downloads&bit=&osid=-1&selectedFile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.logitech.com%2Fpub%2Ftechsupport%2Fjoystick%2Flgs510_x64.exe

Use this site at logitech.com to find the correct software depending on the computer you use. Make sure that the profiler is on(for instance if you shut off computer). Typically it automatically startups whenever you restart so that shouldnt be an issue.

CSP's are awesome, but being honest, they are damn fustrating when they don't work (almost 100% that something will happen whether big or small). I think it depends how easily your close to support. Here in Australia, I have a fantastic wholesale support through pagnianimports (see my sig) who pretty much email me any things I can fix and gives me spare parts should I need them.

The guys here on gtplanet are very nice too and I have gotten heaps of support through them.

I have had my wheels for 2 months and I have encountered:
1. magnetic sensor became loose. took me a while to research the issue but friendly people here and at pagnian helped out. Fixed the issue no probs
2. acclerator pedal sometimes goes haywire, pagnian is going to send me a PCB for replacement.

I used a DFP in iRacing until recently.
Did you install the logitech wheel software? Download is here:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/4172?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14
After that you can configure the wheel. I can't recall exact settings. I used the onces recommended in the iRAcing forums.

CSP's are awesome, but being honest, they are damn fustrating when they don't work (almost 100% that something will happen whether big or small). I think it depends how easily your close to support. Here in Australia, I have a fantastic wholesale support through pagnianimports (see my sig) who pretty much email me any things I can fix and gives me spare parts should I need them.

The guys here on gtplanet are very nice too and I have gotten heaps of support through them.

I have had my wheels for 2 months and I have encountered:
1. magnetic sensor became loose. took me a while to research the issue but friendly people here and at pagnian helped out. Fixed the issue no probs
2. acclerator pedal sometimes goes haywire, pagnian is going to send me a PCB for replacement.

Hey, I just bought the T500Rs with the new shifter and Ferrari wheel through Pagnian imports. I did want the CSP's to go with it as well for iRacing but they must have been out as I didnt see them for sale, only the tuning kit. Its great to hear they have a good support system going on. Hopefully the T500 pedals will do until they get some in stock. I'm coming from G27 pedals at the moment, and hadnt been playing iracing much as I was struggling with break lock up. But I've since put in the nixim mod that I've had laying around for months, and what a difference! So having said that, poeple have said that the T500 pedals with the realistic break mod are better than the G27's modded so I'm sure I'll be fine until they become available again.

This is what could happen with CSPs if you eventually manage to race in an important competition:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49116980/Secuencia 012.mp4

:ouch:

They're working fine now again, but for tonight's race I will race with G25's. Support replied me pretty fast, while they are asking me for more tests with the Fanatec tool to diagnose the problem (but I can't provide them as pedals are working good now but I'm not using them so I should do an stress test next week lol).

Hey, I just bought the T500Rs with the new shifter and Ferrari wheel through Pagnian imports. I did want the CSP's to go with it as well for iRacing but they must have been out as I didnt see them for sale, only the tuning kit. Its great to hear they have a good support system going on. Hopefully the T500 pedals will do until they get some in stock. I'm coming from G27 pedals at the moment, and hadnt been playing iracing much as I was struggling with break lock up. But I've since put in the nixim mod that I've had laying around for months, and what a difference! So having said that, poeple have said that the T500 pedals with the realistic break mod are better than the G27's modded so I'm sure I'll be fine until they become available again.

nice!

yeah, I have read of many problems with the CSP being a bit touchy and requiring maintenance. I am very interested in hearing about the CSP V2 coming soon!

edit...
speaking of Fanatec pedal issues, this was posted at the bsim news site.
http://www.bsimracing.com/2012/04/hardware-basherboards-fanatec-standard-pedal-filter-review/

Last edited:
just got iracing today, went to install it on my fast laptop and it doesn't like it. first i get a problem with direct drive and then i get a problem with my thrustmaster ffb gt (i think). the drivers that i downloaded sent my laptop into crash dump and the whole thing re-started. should i install the wheel drivers before i try to set iracing up? It really annoyed me as my wheel is over 10 years old and is in almost perfect condition. it has a paddle missing, but it is the model with 4 paddle, 2 gears ,2 accelerator /brake and the accelerator one broke off. apart from that it is all working fine with no problems whatsoever for the past 10 years and now it just stops. anyone know what i can do to get anything going or will i need to contact the customer helpline people?

I have two G27 ( one unopened still in the box for backup).

I did the stiffer clutch and brake upgrade, and the shifter mod to make it stiffer shifting. I'm happy with my setup.

Logitech G27, fantastic wheel. Works great in both Iracing, Rfactor, and GT5. I love it.

I'm currently using G27 with NIXIM springs.
For those of you who have upgraded, I really don't have the funds
for the CST's. Anyone currently using the Perfect Pedal ?

I run a DFGT wheel w/ G25 pedals.

Thinking about getting the Bodnar cable for the pedals, as it'd be nice to have a real clutch versus a button.

That is a really nice wheel Darren. I had a momo when I was in quarter midgets that a friend gave to me when he moved up and it was really nice considering the suede was worn smooth. It's been awhile since I've used a momo and I was wondering how you liked the oblong rim. I remember thinking "wow, I have no cramps in my fingers" Once or twice with those tiny round rimmed wheels after a race it literally took me a full minute or two to pry at least one hand off to get the other off the wheel since I gripped it so hard, while having an extremely tight car I might add :lol:
I was told I need a 15" rim by some other racers which I haven't tried yet. Right now I have a tiny (by others standards) 12" wheel that I thought was great and I've kind of been just looking at what's out there, the Mod N38 looks really good but presumably really spendy as would any momo or racing wheel.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back