iRacing wheel and pedal combo

Got to tell you, I'm not to please with the folks at Perfect Pedal.
I emailed them {unfortunately after I placed my order} asking about delivery time. I was told they would be shipping this week.And it takes all day for them to respond.
I e-mail back on Monday checking status. I get another response on Tuesday telling me they just got back from Road Atlanta and would be "Building" the DIY
kits this week. I tell them to please give me an expected shipping date, as I'm thinking about going a different direction{ Clubsport are in stock}. Still no response.
Should I cancel my order? I'd like to get used to whatever choice I go with before the next season starts and I don't have a really lot of time to do so during the week.

You can't get a phone # with either Perfect Pedal or Fanatec.

I can say the folks at perfect pedal are very nice and helpful, but they do put their racing first. After purchasing mine I had an issue when going from ps3 to pc with the bodnar cable. It did take a couple days for a reply, they were at the track. In that reply they solved my issue, but I also recieved their cell phone # because it was 4th of july weekend and they would be at the track all weekend. Cant really ask for more than that for support.

Major problem I have, is I was told it would be shipped this week, not built.
And if they would have explained that they were prepping for the race, and would not even be working on building them I most likely would have canceled
my order and went with the V2's.
Edited 10/26
Finally got a response from Mary, the owners wife.
She said she was pushing him to get them built, and the reason she did not reply to my e-mails was because she has no new info for me.
After expressing my displeasure with that and the fact that I was told 2 weeks ago my order would be filled this past week, I suggested that they upgrade their website to show availability.
A few hours later I received an e-mail from the owner, apologizing for the delay and explained that the got caught off guard with a flood of order and not enough parts to build them.
Said he would work the weekend to get caught up.
Works for me, but I would have preferred to be told that in the first place.

Last edited:
That is a really nice wheel Darren. I had a momo when I was in quarter midgets that a friend gave to me when he moved up and it was really nice considering the suede was worn smooth. It's been awhile since I've used a momo and I was wondering how you liked the oblong rim. I remember thinking "wow, I have no cramps in my fingers" Once or twice with those tiny round rimmed wheels after a race it literally took me a full minute or two to pry at least one hand off to get the other off the wheel since I gripped it so hard, while having an extremely tight car I might add :lol:
I was told I need a 15" rim by some other racers which I haven't tried yet. Right now I have a tiny (by others standards) 12" wheel that I thought was great and I've kind of been just looking at what's out there, the Mod N38 looks really good but presumably really spendy as would any momo or racing wheel.

Aaron, my Momo is round, aside from the hand gripped elements at 3 & 9 o'clock. They certainly are pricey ($500), the suede is awesome, the feel is so much better then the T500 stock wheel. My Momo is slightly larger then the stock T500 wheel

I looked it up and the T500 stock wheel is the same size as on the legend, do you feel like you have more control with the larger wheel?

CSP are an amazing upgrade... I was looking at getting cannon CST pedals at some distant point in the future for the load cell brake - but they were over $1500 ....and CSP pedals have that for $200 bucks.. my gf bought them for my birthday and they are like the best gift I ever got.... they will be a little challenging to get used to at first but well worth it ....and I would keep in mind they aren't like the logitech pedals where everything is plastic covered - so its a good idea to wipe them off and give them a spray of wD40 into the springs every once in awhile to keep them clean.

even from the g25 pedals I used, for instance I went back to my old g25 pedals last weeked for a day to play Richard Burns Rally (so as not to wear out my CSP on it and clean the dust off a bit with a cloth) and after only using the CSP's for 5 months on iRacing I couldn't believe how bad the g25 pedals were, lol

the only thing I can't comment on is the longevity - like the g25 I'm using is over 2 years old so I can vouch for the durability - the CSP seem very solid but I have only used them for 5+ months, I just hope they keep on going as long as possible because I would hate to have to buy another pair or be forced to go back to shi*y Logitech pedals

Hello WedgeX, I just wanted to let you know I've had my CSP's for over 2 1/2 years now and I have not done any repairs on them at all. They are just as good as when I purchased them. I'm like you - a guy has to keep them clean and covered up when not in use and oil them like you said once in awhile and they should last a long time. I hear about people saying that they have lost their load cell's. I think that they have a very heavy foot or misuse their stuff. Anyway WedgeX I just wanted to tell you that you're are treating them good and they should last a long time my friend.

stone775

the only maintenance you really need to do is just keep them clean like you said, check for loose screws once in awhile and when you calibrate your brake, the max pressure you apply is max brake in game so just go until you're comfortable with full brake pressure not until it stops but when you feel you need to stop don't stomp on it like wedgex said

Hello WedgeX, I just wanted to let you know I've had my CSP's for over 2 1/2 years now and I have not done any repairs on them at all. They are just as good as when I purchased them. I'm like you - a guy has to keep them clean and covered up when not in use and oil them like you said once in awhile and they should last a long time. I hear about people saying that they have lost their load cell's. I think that they have a very heavy foot or misuse their stuff. Anyway WedgeX I just wanted to tell you that you're are treating them good and they should last a long time my friend.

stone775

This tells me one thing, you hardly race. I put in 6-8 hours 5 days a week, sometimes more sometimes less. As far as load cells go, I have had 2 DOA, I had 1 that lasted 18 months. I have had 1 last less then 18 days. Count yourself lucky yours lasted as long as it has but if you start racing more then once or twice a week your pedals will need a rebuild. I've had 2 sets of CSP's ver 1, the first set I just rebuilt for the second time, I mean a complete rebuild.

It seems to me that pedals are the part of the rig that endure the most stress, and therefore the most likely to break down over time. Anyone who races a lot would probably benefit from one of those high-end pedal sets built from actual automobile parts. Constantly having to keep a low- or mid-range pedal set maintained with new load cells sounds pretty annoying.

It seems to me that pedals are the part of the rig that endure the most stress, and therefore the most likely to break down over time. Anyone who races a lot would probably benefit from one of those high-end pedal sets built from actual automobile parts. Constantly having to keep a low- or mid-range pedal set maintained with new load cells sounds pretty annoying.

I agree with your assessment zslane, in fact in the past 18 months several individuals are releasing high end pedals. In the iRacing forums there must be 5 or 6 high end pedal sets being released. As you mentioned pedals like the ones Fanatec sell are only entry level pedals and can not stand up to heavy usage, for $200 the CSP's are a good buy. They do take a lot of maintenance however.

I looked it up and the T500 stock wheel is the same size as on the legend, do you feel like you have more control with the larger wheel?

My Momo is basically the same size as the stock T500, well it's slightly larger but just a little. The thing that makes it so good is the weight, balance and feel, it feels superior to the T500 wheel. It's like the new composite hockey sticks compared to the old wood sticks.

Hey guys got a question

Is there a way to use shifter from a g27 with the T500 on iracing?

I don't think you can run a G27 with a T500, if anyone has a definitive answer on this it would be mr Basher

Last edited:
I'm currently running the CSP Gen 1's with my Fanatec 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel. Really like the combination. Although I've heard that the G27 Wheel and the newish Clubsport Wheel are a much nice wheel than what I currently have.

If I get the opportunity to race in Europe next year, I am going to beg my parents (Near impossible to make an income as a racing driver), to get me the Clubsport Wheel for my house over there lol.

I bought that same wheel and have it packed away somewhere. In fact that was my third wheel I ever owned. I have the T500 wheel and it is superior to the G27. I owned a Fanatec Elite wheel and I did not like it at all. I've heard of a lot of people who have had severe problems with their Clubsport Wheel, then again I've heard of just as many that love that wheel. Lots of choices, my T500 is going on 3 years and it works like the day I bought it.

Got and installed my Perfect Pedal/Bodnar cable yesterday. Wow, what a difference.
Brake lock up is gone. Now I just have to get used to it. Got to where my lap times match what I did before installing it.
I think there is close to a second a lap there once I do.
Clubsport & BMW wheel will be here today :)

Got and installed my Perfect Pedal/Bodnar cable yesterday. Wow, what a difference.
Brake lock up is gone. Now I just have to get used to it. Got to where my lap times match what I did before installing it.
I think there is close to a second a lap there once I do.
Clubsport & BMW wheel will be here today :)

Have you also had a chance to try the Fanatec CSP's before?

That's what I'm using also. Was looking at an upgrade soon myself, and since the two sets are pretty comparable price-wise I was hoping you'd shopped around more. :sly: The construction looks fantastic.

Hey Guys, I'm currently using the t500 with the f1 rim and cs v2 pedals. so I'm thinking of buying the base and both rims.:nervous: I've read on the forums about different problems people were having with their csw. are they worth buying? I like my t500. but I really like the build quality and quick change rims and the rev indicators etc. Has anyone made a switch to csw from the t500? if so please share the differences between the two. as far as ffb or some pros n cons.

Hey Guys, I'm currently using the t500 with the f1 rim and cs v2 pedals. so I'm thinking of buying the base and both rims.:nervous: I've read on the forums about different problems people were having with their csw. are they worth buying? I like my t500. but I really like the build quality and quick change rims and the rev indicators etc. Has anyone made a switch to csw from the t500? if so please share the differences between the two. as far as ffb or some pros n cons.

I used my T500 with Clubsport V1 pedals from May 2012 until April 2013, at which time I bought a CSW. I used the CSW until last month, at which time I sold it and went back to the T500. Both are great wheels. The CSW has better rims. I also believe the FFB is somewhat smoother and it conveys more of what the car is doing, particularly on PC with iRacing. I also prefer the CSW on wheel adjustments to the driver-based system with the T500. The main issue for me was performance in GT6. The T500 FFB is much better in GT6 than the CSW FFB. It is much stronger and it conveys much more of what the car is doing. I also found that for ovals, the T500 was just as good, if not better, than the CSW.

IMO, if you do road racing on PC, particularly iRacing, the CSW is the best reasonably priced option. But, if you do ovals in iRacing and/or GT6, then I think the T500 is the way to go, particularly because it is cheaper.

I also now prefer my T500 pedals, with Basherboards brake mod (softest bushing), over the Clubsport V1 pedals. The brake pedal is softer and has more give, which I like.

I used my T500 with Clubsport V1 pedals from May 2012 until April 2013, at which time I bought a CSW. I used the CSW until last month, at which time I sold it and went back to the T500. Both are great wheels. The CSW has better rims. I also believe the FFB is somewhat smoother and it conveys more of what the car is doing, particularly on PC with iRacing. I also prefer the CSW on wheel adjustments to the driver-based system with the T500. The main issue for me was performance in GT6. The T500 FFB is much better in GT6 than the CSW FFB. It is much stronger and it conveys much more of what the car is doing. I also found that for ovals, the T500 was just as good, if not better, than the CSW.

IMO, if you do road racing on PC, particularly iRacing, the CSW is the best reasonably priced option. But, if you do ovals in iRacing and/or GT6, then I think the T500 is the way to go, particularly because it is cheaper.

I also now prefer my T500 pedals, with Basherboards brake mod (softest bushing), over the Clubsport V1 pedals. The brake pedal is softer and has more give, which I like.

Thanks for the info Zero7159:) I decided not to get the csw. I will stick with my t500! :cheers:

Bought the latest T500 recently. Came in the GT6 box. All the revisions done. Must say, my old v1 release T500 was either wore out or just subpar. The new wheel is so much better. Tighter, smoother, accurate. Instant time gains on Brands Hatch in the RUF. As well pedals feel fantastic. Using load cell. However my clutch pedal torsion spring was shot. My gas was getting soft and off corner throttle was terrible. Just couldn't get anything smooth under 50% throttle. Now with the new compression style springs. I got great control out of turns. I can feel 20% throttle.

In the end. I'm able to save any oversteer and I'm getting far less of it with more throttle control.

Moral of this post. If you got an old T500. Buy a new GT6 version no regrets.

As well this gives me a spare wheel and pedals just in case.

There are worse wheels.

I'm happy with my DFGT wheel. Once I stopped using the DFGT pedals and got something better (G25 w/ Bodnar Cable) I enjoyed it much more.

No, all I've had is the G27.
Might just be placebo effect, but it feels like everything response better since adding the Bodnar cable.

Can you describe how different the standard G25/G27 pedals are without the Bodnar cable, versus with the cable? I'm thinking of getting one for my G27 (w/ GTeye) if they would be significant. I understand the cable has higher resolution but does it really translate to actual feel?

I actually went from DFGT pedals, to G25 pedals wired into the DFGT, then got the bodnar cable.

I noticed a difference. I can't find it, but I did a lap of Road Atlanta in the Skippy with Ispeed before the bodnar cable. Then did it again with the bodnar cable. It looked like the brake force graph would show a little bit less "choppiness" to the braking.

Just recently switched to iRACING. Still working with setups and configurations for DFGT. My question is; can a stand alone Syncromesh shifter be mapped for use with the DFGT wheel? I never liked where the shifter is on the DFGT anyways.

Thank you. This setup will do me til I upgrade to the something more higher end? Still learning the iRACING car dynamics, tracks and the navigation menu. Many more user/hardware options than Gran T'mo could ever hope to have or should have had. Being on every night is a plus, not as complicated to navigate any more 👍

Last edited:
Back