Iron Man --> Iron Man 2: Hammeroids

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 90 comments
  • 7,817 views

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
Messages
21,286
United States
GR-MI-USA
Messages
YSSMAN
Messages
YSSMAN
Yes kids, they are. If you haven't seen the trailer, I highly suggest you follow the link:

OFFICIAL IRON MAN TRAILER

Basically, this movie is going to kick-ass. I have complete confidence in everyone who is involved with the project, and based on this trailer alone, well, lets just say it makes me giddy like a little girl...

poster1.jpg


Yeah. I'm ready.​
 
Dude, Iron Man was my favorite comic hero, bar none. I still have like 10 issues. 👍 I was waiting for them to make a movie, they've made practically all the major comics into a movie already. :D
 
Could bomb, hopefully not.

Robert Downey Jr. isn't the first person I'd pick for the role, but then, Tony Stark's an industrialist, not Captain America... so I guess he fits.

Production values look very good, and it seems they're trying to hew as close to the original story as they can.
 
My guess is that it won't, as it seems like Marvel pushed quite a bit of money and development strength behind it. The big deal, I'm guessing, will be whether or not the regular folks care enough about Iron Man to come out. I mean he is one of the bigger and more popular characters in the Marvel catalog, but it isn't as though he is Spider-Man or Capitan America...
 
If you want to watch Iron Man in your house for free RIGHT NOW go to

Link Removed by Moderators

I know this is a random reply, but Still. I saw it its cool.👍
 
You might want to get rid of that link...it violates the AUP.
 
what do you mean?:nervous:
 
I have to say that without a doubt, Iron Man has to be one of the best movies I've seen in a while. In terms of story, it blows just about every comic book movie out of the water. I'm actually prepared to say that I nearly liked it more than Batman Begins, and with Batman unquestionably as my favorite comic book character, that is saying A LOT.

There is just so much to love about this movie. From the acting to the story telling, the oodles and oodles of gadget pr0n and automotive sexploits, its just a fanboy's wet dream. If this is the model that all comic books films are to follow, trust me, the bar has been set infinitely high. Now we must decide if we truly love the gritty realism of Batman or the "Hey, that could happen!" (but not completely taking itself seriously) nature of Iron Man.

This movie, simply put, is EPIC. On every level. Period.

=====

BTW: STAY FOR THE END OF THE CREDITS

Remember all those rumors about Samuel L. Jackson paying Nick Fury? Remember when they told us that it was "cut from the movie"? Yeah. Its not.

Jackson = Nick Fury

Nick Fury is starting THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE

What does that mean?

THEY'RE DOING THE AVENGERS MOVIE!!!!
 
While I have issues with how much the script dwells on the origins of Iron Man and how some of the (admittedly funny) testing scenes could have been condensed into a montage to leave more room for more action (me, the nerd, asking for more action? Hell, yes! This movie demands it!), what there was in the movie was great!

Of course, it's a little on the lowbrow side, but the performances, pacing and sheer... yessss... gadget pron... make it a must-watch. Kudos to the script-writer for neatly sidestepping any political crap that might have made its way into the movie (whether pro-Bush or anti-Bush) and leaving everything open to interpretation. It comes off as a light-hearted commentary on a serious matter. It oversimplifies everything to the point of comic-bookishness... but what was Iron Man again?

I'd rate it as an 8, on a scale that has Fantastic Four at 5, Hellboy at 6, maybe X-Men I at 7 (II at 8), Spidey 2 at 9 and possibly Batman Begins at 10... but Robert Downey Jr's take on Tony Stark deserves kudos, as possibly one of the most memorable comic character performances of all time.

And it's memorable because the comic book Tony Stark has the personality of a robot. Robert Downey has free reign to make him entirely his own. This movie is a must-see just for the one-liners and the comedic banter.

But the action ain't too bad, either. It's a chop-sockey mix of mad scientist humor, science-fantasy wish-fulfillment and full-metal action. Pretty good... pretty good.

Don't miss:
-The background music in the first casino scene... it's eerily familiar.
-Hugh Hefner. :D
-Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division... whew... what a silly name. Let's shorten it.
-The surprise ending after the credits with whossisname, which really isn't a surprise.
-And the surprise ending before the credits, which really is. :lol:
 
-And the surprise ending before the credits, which really is. :lol:

As soon as that happened I said in the theater "WHAT!!??!?!?!" with all of my Alex Albrecht-esque nerdyness. That one even through me off, even if I was expecting the surprise ending after the credits. That totally changes the game in the comic book movie world.
 
Well... after thinking about it... why not? The Iron Man comic storyline isn't as great an epic as say... Spiderman or the X-Men... so why not play it fast and loose? I thoroughly approve of the bastardization of the Iron-Man storyline (which actually starts from the beginning of the film). Some stories need updating, and you can't justify two or three Iron Man movies to expound on the comic book stories.

I've been torturing my friends for two weeks straight with this little ditty: "Iron Man, Iron Man, does whatever an Iron can..." :D

Well, with Iron Man done, and The Hulk coming, the only major characters that might need their own movies are Captain America and Thor. Cap's been done terribly... and I don't know how well a CA movie would do in this political atmosphere (to take a line from Superman Returns: "Truth, Justice, and all that other stuff"), but Thor might just be possible if they get the right script. But I think the end of the movie probably links straight to the cartoon. I could be wrong, though.

I can't wait to see what comes next. :D
 
I was so close to seeing this last night, but my friend wanted to get wasted instead. :(
 
I'm seeing this tommorrow! Quite excited really, after seeing YSSMAN's ecstatic review. Hope it lives up to what I'm expecting now....
 
That. Was. Awesome.

I typically don't think to highly of movies like this but it was great and very entertaining. Had it's funny moments with enough action to keep me interested. I will be getting this when it comes to Blu-Ray.
 
I ended up getting my dad to bring me to the theaters and it was one of the best movies, if not the best movie I have seen in a very long time.
 
I have to say that without a doubt, Iron Man has to be one of the best movies I've seen in a while. In terms of story, it blows just about every comic book movie out of the water. I'm actually prepared to say that I nearly liked it more than Batman Begins, and with Batman unquestionably as my favorite comic book character, that is saying A LOT.

There is just so much to love about this movie. From the acting to the story telling, the oodles and oodles of gadget pr0n and automotive sexploits, its just a fanboy's wet dream. If this is the model that all comic books films are to follow, trust me, the bar has been set infinitely high. Now we must decide if we truly love the gritty realism of Batman or the "Hey, that could happen!" (but not completely taking itself seriously) nature of Iron Man.

This movie, simply put, is EPIC. On every level. Period.

Took the words out of my mouth. Awesome movie.
=====

BTW: STAY FOR THE END OF THE CREDITS

Remember all those rumors about Samuel L. Jackson paying Nick Fury? Remember when they told us that it was "cut from the movie"? Yeah. Its not.

Jackson = Nick Fury

Nick Fury is starting THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE

What does that mean?

THEY'RE DOING THE AVENGERS MOVIE!!!!

Tony Stark is also playing a cameo role in The Incredible Hulk, and rumor is spreading he wants to discuss the Avengers initiative. I take it Tony just being in the The Incredible Hulk as more proof for an Avengers movie.
 
My thoughts for the Hulk crossover was that Stark was developing some kind of weapons system to capture him, but you may be right. As I recall, Hulk was at one point in the Avengers, no?

Makes you wonder if Sam Jackson will show up and "save" The Hulk as well?
 
I have to admit that I'm not really - and never was - all that excited about the film. It only really makes my list of "Films I'd Like To See This Year" as opposed to my list of "Films I Have To See This Year" (the difference being that if I have to choose between seeing films on both lists, I'll always see one from the latter first, even if it means missing one on the former); The Dark Knight has me considerably more excited.

However, I'm glad that we're finally getting superhero films that are more serious in nature. While we're still cursed with the cartoonish Fantastic Four and Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spiderman (which was basically the same film three times over), the likes of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, Iron Man and X-Menand X2 (The Last Stand doesn't count as no-one did anything for two hours, which is what you get when you hire Brett Ratner) are much more adult-oriented than their predecessors (I couldn't take the Joker seriously in the original Batman, there was no story in Returns and the less said about Forever and Batman and Robin, the better). I really think the likes of Christian Bale, Robert Downey Jnr. and Hugh Jackman put a very mature spin on the films, unlike people such as Jessica Alba, who was basically T&A in the Fantastic Four films.
 
Hugh Jackman sucks. I wish he would just disappear. You take that haircut and those claws away, and he's worthless as an actor. Thankfully his latest turd with Ewan McGregor bombed horribly.

Iron Man, on the other hand, has successfully kicked off the summer blockbuster season.
 
My god, that is a great film. I want to go watch it again. I never read the comics so didn't really expect what the story line was going to be like, but I loved the storyline! I think the film is very good, a must see if you ask me.

BTW, anyone think that there might be a Iron Man 2? I hope there is....
 
IMDB.com has slated Iron Man 2 for a 2010 release.

Awesome film, loved every second.
 
Well... as far as adult-oriented... I wouldn't go so far as to say Iron Man was adult-oriented... it's more like a film aimed at 20-30 year old male kids :lol: ... but it was definitely well-made, with much respect towards the source material.

That's where films fail... where they don't really care about the comic or characters in question. X-Men III, the Fanatstic Four films... the whole Batman thing after Tim Burton and before Chris Nolan. They're obviously made for mega-bucks with no care to what happens to the characters or how the film affects or interacts with the comic's mythos.
 
Well... as far as adult-oriented... I wouldn't go so far as to say Iron Man was adult-oriented... it's more like a film aimed at 20-30 year old male kids :lol: ... but it was definitely well-made, with much respect towards the source material.

That's where films fail... where they don't really care about the comic or characters in question. X-Men III, the Fanatstic Four films... the whole Batman thing after Tim Burton and before Chris Nolan. They're obviously made for mega-bucks with no care to what happens to the characters or how the film affects or interacts with the comic's mythos.
Well, they're certainly laying the groundwork for more adult-oriented storylines and explore the darker sides of the superheroes and make them more human. I mean Jon Farveau has already said he wants to include Tony Stark's alcohlism, and if I'm right about what Nolan is going to do as a part of Harvey Two-Face's "creation" in The Dark Knight - based on a handful of comments by Aaron Eckhart and three shot of the lastest trailer, so I could easily be wrong - then it's going to be something we've never seen before. I won't post it here as A) this is the Iron Man thread, and B) if I'm right it's a major spoiler, the kind that ends with lynch mobs knocking on your door ...
 
I wasn't planning on seeing this on the movie theaters but I'm reading only good reviews of it so now I'm curious to watch it. Might go this week if we have some free time.
 
I saw this movie yesterday with the missus and honestly can say it was worth every penny to see it. I did stay through the credits to see the teaser at the end, but that wasn't really worth it either.

Here's the lowdown on the end teaser
Samuel Jackson shows up in Tony's house (As Nick Fury) saying he wants to talk to him about "The Avenger Initiative".

My only fault is with the Movie theater itself. The missus and I go to one of the best in the area, but it seems there is always something not quite on the mark with it. With movie, it was slightly out of focus. Not enough to be a bother, but enough to make me second guess seeing another movie there. We've recently invested in an HD sony 60" Bravia, it it makes it more and more difficult to see a movie in the theater. In past years, we've see movies every other week in the theater, and now we're only looking forward to seeing 2 other movies this summer. The others, we'll wait for on DVD.
 
My only fault is with the Movie theater itself. The missus and I go to one of the best in the area, but it seems there is always something not quite on the mark with it. With movie, it was slightly out of focus. Not enough to be a bother, but enough to make me second guess seeing another movie there. We've recently invested in an HD sony 60" Bravia, it it makes it more and more difficult to see a movie in the theater. In past years, we've see movies every other week in the theater, and now we're only looking forward to seeing 2 other movies this summer. The others, we'll wait for on DVD.

I must agree, I first saw something about Iron Man from the trailer on the PSN store, it looked fantastic. I must say when I was at the cinema the quality isn't ever as good as what you see on your own TV. Something which I know the cinemas can't avoid but often ruins the experience in the cinema is the black dots which appear on the screen, its something to do with the film apparently. Makes viewing at home a much more pleasurably experience.
 
I must agree, I first saw something about Iron Man from the trailer on the PSN store, it looked fantastic. I must say when I was at the cinema the quality isn't ever as good as what you see on your own TV. Something which I know the cinemas can't avoid but often ruins the experience in the cinema is the black dots which appear on the screen, its something to do with the film apparently. Makes viewing at home a much more pleasurably experience.
Indeed those dots do have something to do with the movie. Although now, it's mostly an obsolete function.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070929230731AAMtv1T
 
My only fault is with the Movie theater itself. The missus and I go to one of the best in the area, but it seems there is always something not quite on the mark with it. With movie, it was slightly out of focus. Not enough to be a bother, but enough to make me second guess seeing another movie there. We've recently invested in an HD sony 60" Bravia, it it makes it more and more difficult to see a movie in the theater. In past years, we've see movies every other week in the theater, and now we're only looking forward to seeing 2 other movies this summer. The others, we'll wait for on DVD.

You and many many others. That's why the summer blockbusters are still setting records, because everyone is making an exception to go see them. Movie theaters just aren't getting the money pumped into them that they used to during the rest of the year though, and it's because people are starting to have really fantastic setups at home.

I'll be going to the theaters once this year (as best I can tell). For Dark Knight. And it has nothing to do with seeing it on a giant screen - because the cigarette burns, specks, film defects, over-amped sound, freezing temperatures, sticky floors, talking people, eating people, lack of pause button, and high price totally balance out the size of the crappy picture. If it gets released on IMAX I may try that, but for that you have to sit way in the back or it's too big. At least then you get a digital image though.

No, it has nothing to do with the size. It's about exclusivity. I don't want to wait for Dark Knight to come out on DVD. If it were simultaneously released on DVD, I'd skip the theaters.

Iron man sounds good, and I bet I'll enjoy watching it. But it'll have to wait for DVD.
 
Back