Iron Man --> Iron Man 2: Hammeroids

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 90 comments
  • 7,817 views
We just watched this yesterday and its excellent. Will buy this one for sure when its out on DVD. I didnt know anything about IronMan at all and still loved the movie. 👍👍
 
You and many many others. That's why the summer blockbusters are still setting records, because everyone is making an exception to go see them. Movie theaters just aren't getting the money pumped into them that they used to during the rest of the year though, and it's because people are starting to have really fantastic setups at home.

They had a big discussion about this on TRS a week or two ago, and its going to change from person to person, and furthermore, with what area you're living in too. I personally have four or five really nice theaters to choose from near my home, one of the better ones only two blocks away. So getting in for $6 (student ID FTW!) with a DLP screen isn't a bad deal, and besides, there isn't anything like the cinematic experience anyway.

Where I work we often get "preview tickets" of the movies, and its great to see some of these before they actually hit the streets. Especially when its for free. But even then, if its going to be a big release, its really nice being able to see it the day before at 8PM when nobody knows about it...

That, or just go early on Sunday mornings.
 
I guess I'm just not getting it. I saw it. It was okay. I was entertained for the most part. But it was just okay. Nothing spectacular. Just a generic comic book movie. It seemed to follow the same old formula. It was even a little anti-climatic and I thought there could have been more. Batman Begins is leaps and bounds ahead of this movie. I thought Downey and Bridges were great. But other than that it was just okay. Plus I just don't get into movies with a lot of product placement. (Burger King, 7-eleven, Audi, and probably others I missed.) It just seems to take the heart and creativity out of it. At least if there was a lot of action I could have over looked everything else. I didn't feel like there was enough action. I'll probably never watch this again.
 
Just for pure intrest, I can never remember seeing anything to do with 7-Eleven, anyone fill me in on which scene this bit was in?
 
I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped I would be. It felt like I got to see Iron Man in action for about 10 minutes of the movie. I wanted more bang for my buck.
 
Iron Man likely to be a trilogy.
At the Hollywood premiere of Iron Man, Viacom/CBS Executive Chairman Sumner Redstone and Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey told Entertainment Tonight that if the movie does as well as expected, Paramount will greenlight a sequel for the same week in 2010. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader already holds claim to the “first weekend of the summer” (May 7, 2010), but Iron Man 2 could easily open a week earlier on Friday, April 30th 2010 if all goes well.

Also DowneyÂ’s trainer, Brad Bose, told IESB that he starts training with Downey just after this final premiere in Los Angeles, stating that he will have Downey ready to wear the suit again in just 5 months. Sounds to me like the contracts are all but signed, and everyone is ready to go.

The studio is telling people they would be happy with anything higher than $70 million. /Film Box Office Analyst Steve Mason is predicting $102 million for Thursday through Sunday. So unless something goes terribly wrong at the box office this weekend, expect Iron Man 2 to go into production in early 2009.
As of opening weekend, Iron Man reportedly hit $104 million for the box office, and it is reported that the contracts that Downey & co-stars signed for Iron Man stated they would also have to do any possible sequels.
 
Full deets here

2010:

- Iron Man 2
- Thor

2011:

- Avengers: Captain America (not even his own franchise???)
- Avengers (the whole movie)
 
Full deets here

2010:

- Iron Man 2
- Thor

2011:

- Avengers: Captain America (not even his own franchise???)
- Avengers (the whole movie)
Current title for the CA story is "The First Avenger: Captain America"
 
Captain America? Mhmmm... I have my doubts, but I hope they do it better than the last Captain America film (anyone remember this turkey?)

captainamerica6_large.jpg

captainamerica5_large.jpg

(as a bonus... which one looks more fake?)

:lol: I'm ashamed to admit, I actually watched it. I'm even more ashamed to admit, I paid money to watch it in a theater. Not much money, though, it was a crappy theater. Which made the film entirely appropriate.

An Avengers movie?
captainamerica3_large.jpg

Yahoo!
 
Best. 'Superhero'. Movie. EVAR

Nuff' said. Well, except that Robert Downey Jr. played the role, not to mention naturally fit the role, perfectly.
 
Good movie, but like all the other superhero movies the first one always suffers from a thin story because they have to spend so much time giving the guy his powers etc etc and not focusing on developing the characters and plot. Iron Man 2 will be better

*** stars and not more because of the thin plot. Everything else was great
 
I just saw Iron Man. It was really cool, but, I think it needs a little more action.
Anyways, It was badass.👍
 
Watched it last night and I thought it was very good for what we're used to see in this genre. I didn't have any background on Iron Man's story, I just had a vague memory of him from my childhood (my girlfriend only realized who it was after the final paint job on his suit).

Anyway, I like these kind of heroes better than the ones with superpowers, it makes it more believable. Also, he's not the type to go after smugglers and regular thieves, he's a one man army.

I enjoyed the plot, it was well executed even though it was very obvious. I know I won't mind watching it again a couple of times on DVD.

I rate it an 8/10 and I'm looking forward for its sequel.
 
You guys actually made me want to go and see the movie, I might during this weekend. 👍
 
You guys actually made me want to go and see the movie, I might during this weekend. 👍

Do it! Its worth it. 👍
 
I happen to see a Premer show of Iron Man, they listed who else could've played and produced Iron Man. Let me just say we dodged a bullet people.

Tony Stark:

Nick Cage
Tom Cruise

Director:

Quinton Tarentino
 
I happen to see a Premer show of Iron Man, they listed who else could've played and produced Iron Man. Let me just say we dodged a bullet people.

Tony Stark:

Nick Cage
Tom Cruise

Director:

Quinton Tarentino

No offense, but that is the single most mangled spelling of Quentin Tarantino's name I have ever seen.
 
Oh well.. it's how much I care about him. lol
 
Iron Man is now one of my favorite superhero movies (the other one is Batman Begins). I'd also like to say that if I could be any superhero I wanted to be, I'd choose to be Iron Man! :D

And, for those of you who remember the Iron Man animated series from the 1990s...

Iron Man Intro - Season 2 (1995 - 1996)


Iron Man (2008) Intro With Iron Man (1995 - 1996) Theme
 
Me too time.

I thought it was great, but it was a bit plot-light.

I think Gwyneth Paltrow was a good choice for Pepper, if it would have been someone drop-dead gorgeous and/or airheaded, then it wouldn't have worked. And Downey's going to be hard pushed to set aside Tony Stark now. I hope he gets more stuff as a result of this, because he's characterised this so well.
 
jawdrop.gif
Wow... WOW! I wanted to go right back into the theater and watch it again. wow... That's all I got is... WOW.
 
Some news courtesy of Wikipedia.
Iron Man 2 is slated for April 30th, 2010 with the superhero, Thor, as a cameo. Director Jon Favreau stated the 2nd movie may explore a darker side, and that the 3rd Iron Man film could technically be The Avengers (2011).
 
2010?! :falls over: :(
Probably due to the actors completing other movies. Downey's working on The Soloist, Howard on Fighting, and Paltrow on Two Lovers & King Lear.
 
Yeah, well and it takes time to make a movie. Still, it's in Jon Favreau and if he sticks to how he made this one I think were in good hands and it will be another wait well worth it.
 
This was taken from the Hancock thread, I just felt is was more appropriate to post here.

I thought the same about Ironman too. There's just something about the flying that makes it really unbelievable to me. (It was beliveable before?)

Huh? You know if he didn't it would pretty much be a modern version of Robocop then. xD

Anyway, yeah... There's a lot of things that are unbelievable to me like him creating so much power to shoot stuff and fly out of something so small. Or the power to weight ratio to fly. Or even the power to move however amount of weight the suit is. The point is that it's a comic book hero so it just works and it's flipping awesome!
 
Well, to some extent, like Batman there has to be a bit of believeability in Iron Man. On a more personal level, its the "real world" groundedness that has always made the Marvel Comics more appealing than the offerings from DC. But, that being said, you've gotta suspend your disbelief a bit for it all.
 
The real trick to making a fantasy believable is to give it internally self-consistent logic. Doesn't matter if the Marvel Universe doesn't follow the same natural laws as the real Universe, as long as nothing that happens in the Marvel Universe contradicts its laws.

Of course, those laws are pretty loose, and it's difficult to introduce some of them in the context of a film that has to be internally self-consistent.
 
The real trick to making a fantasy believable is to give it internally self-consistent logic. Doesn't matter if the Marvel Universe doesn't follow the same natural laws as the real Universe, as long as nothing that happens in the Marvel Universe contradicts its laws.

Amazing how many movies don't realize that.
 
Back