IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
@R1600Turbo here is what my Miata looked like before the hit and run.

Attachments

• 20190331_161433.jpg
    20190331_161433.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190331_161419.jpg
    20190331_161419.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 12
Well that one was interesting. Start of the race I basically settled in and just tried to keep @Timlour in sight. Then as time went on I used it as an opportunity to save fuel. Was funny when we pit because I was setting up to do a last minute dive bomb for pit road and right when my brain was like "do it now" we both swerved for it. :lol: Fueled to 15.2 laps and was surprised to see that I came out in the lead by 2.5 seconds. Then while trying to at least maintain that gap I made a few stupid mistakes and lost it all. Tim managed to catch up and pass me, so I tucked in behind him again and planned my move for the last lap. Last lap comes along and I tried to make that move. We ran side by side for a couple corners and he managed to hang on to the lead. Gave it another shot in the last sector coming to the line, just not enough boost from the draft to make it work. Damn near photo finish. I'm sure Tim appreciated me being in his mirrors for the whole race. :lol: I'm just happy I kept it close without bumping him on accident which I am really bad at doing. Oh well, on to the next. :)

@Moby45 Here's mine along with the 2000 Sentra I was talking about.

72694.jpg NikonOics010.JPG

Well that one was interesting. Start of the race I basically settled in and just tried to keep @Timlour in sight. Then as time went on I used it as an opportunity to save fuel. Was funny when we pit because I was setting up to do a last minute dive bomb for pit road and right when my brain was like "do it now" we both swerved for it. :lol: Fueled to 15.2 laps and was surprised to see that I came out in the lead by 2.5 seconds. Then while trying to at least maintain that gap I made a few stupid mistakes and lost it all. Tim managed to catch up and pass me, so I tucked in behind him again and planned my move for the last lap. Last lap comes along and I tried to make that move. We ran side by side for a couple corners and he managed to hang on to the lead. Gave it another shot in the last sector coming to the line, just not enough boost from the draft to make it work. Damn near photo finish. I'm sure Tim appreciated me being in his mirrors for the whole race. :lol: I'm just happy I kept it close without bumping him on accident which I am really bad at doing. Oh well, on to the next. :)

@Moby45 Here's mine along with the 2000 Sentra I was talking about.

View attachment 883536 View attachment 883537

Oooo I like it. Pretty Miata. I still would like to have a 92 Sentra SER. Those were fun to drive.

Can't seem to find the photos of mine, I think they are on an external hard drive that I can't access at the moment.

Edit: Here's the last lap raw video with the fight for the win.

And how it looked at the line.

7431512239326102032_0.jpg

Now that is a proper race to the line! Can't wait to see Gentlemans broadcast of this.

Just thought about class identification as per your own comment in the video.

The pro-am drivers could use the yellow lenses on their headlights. Similar to how classes are set up in real life.

I have an identifier on the supra that says "pro" that I could also add to the rear bumper. Classss could put those types of class plate identifier on their car also.

Those 2 things would be the simplest and easiest way to identify the 2 classes and wouldn't have to change much to everybodies liveries.

I like the different window banners. The pro or am decals are more for replays but I dont have an issue with them. For the most part, the pro and am drivers will separate themselves on pace alone. There are just a few tweeners that may mix it up but they will get familiar with each others cars pretty quickly.

I am thinking
  1. "Pro"/"Pro Am" stickers on the rear bumper of the cars
  2. Black windshield banner for Pro
  3. White windshield banner for Pro-Am
What do you guys think?

I'll look for the decals tonight.

There are plenty of pro/pro-am decals out there. I like those 3, and add in white and black mirrors and winglets for the respective classes.

As people we all have our pet peeves, right?

One of mine is yellow headlamps on the Gr.4 cars. I know..its funny that it bugs me but it does. It just seems more suited for GT3 and Prototype multi-class races.

With that being said I think we can just go with the black and white banners and I will look for suitable stickers.

As people we all have our pet peeves, right?

One of mine is yellow headlamps on the Gr.4 cars. I know..its funny that it bugs me but it does. It just seems more suited for GT3 and Prototype multi-class races.

With that being said I think we can just go with the black and white banners and I will look for suitable stickers.

Lol you need to tune into more GT4 class racing around the world. You would be so irritated.

I can share the "pro" sticker I found on GTS if need be.

Lol you need to tune into more GT4 class racing around the world. You would be so irritated.

I can share the "pro" sticker I found on GTS if need be.
Lol.. I'm sure I would.

Send it to me in a PM. Has anyone seen a matching/similar "Pro Am" decal? I looked a while back and couldn't find one. I only ever find "Pro" and "Am".

Okay guys, I have updated the Livery Rules section to include links to the "Pro" and "Pro-Am" decals.

Pro drivers = white windshield banner and "Pro" decal on the rear of the car. (bumper or deck lid as long is it's clearly visible)

Pro-Am drivers = black windshield banner and "Pro-Am" decal on the rear of the car. (bumper or deck lid as long as it's clearly visible)

No need to change winglet or mirror colors.:gtpflag:

Back