IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
Driver : idk which class??
PSN : P10der
Car : viper
Number : 0
Primary sponsor : more than pink
I'm guessing you will be in the Pro category but pre-season testing will help determine final placement.

Car selection is not open yet. I will post up the date for folks to post their vehicle choice at a later date. Feel free to test any car you like during the pre-season tests.

Thanks for joining.:gtpflag:

Is there testing tonight? If so what time? Not sure if I can make it but I’ll give it a go. Also, I’m guessing livery rules don’t apply for testing and exhibition races?
There will be testing every week leading up to the start of the Season. I posted a schedule for pre-season activity at the top of the OP. I will be adding to that later today so please check back periodically.

Liveries that are in various states of completion are fine. At least slap the number board on there.

Anyone needing help with a livery can feel free to post up here or send me a PM.

EDIT: lobbies will open at 8:30 pm and test races start at 9:00pm.

Last edited:
All lobbies are "Friends Only" - All drivers who have not already done so should send me an FR so you will be able to locate the lobby and join in.

Trying to decide between keeping the Vantage or going with my sentimental favorite Genesis Coupe. I found that they are equally as fast but take difference approaches to get there. Genesis requires more shifting around a tight course like Laguna. More of a slow in, fast out kind of car. Where as the Aston is generally quick and easier to drive all around. In this situation if you want the easier drive, definitely go with the Vantage. I think I know which direction I'm going but will confirm next week at Monza.

That was a good practice session. I didn't test ballast as I was having a hard enough time staying on the course.

Laguna Seca is gonna be a back breaker for me in the Championship.

Still undecided on the car as well. I'm leaning towards trying something new. Something not MR.

Hope to see more of you guys next week.

Merry Christmas!:cheers:

Thanks for hosting a practice session last night Gentleman. Great to see everybody else who was in there also. I think a full season of Timlour and Turbo will be exciting to have. I won't be up there competing with them but it will make for a good championship to watch. Lol

I think I will most likely go with the Supra this time around. It does seem to be lacking a little bit in overall power so it will almost be like I never left the Porsche hahaha. I can't tell if it was hard on front tires or if it was just me being hard on them. I think it can be quick but probably with a better driver than me and someone with a little more time to be in game. THat said, it is going to be fun trying to get as much speed and consistency out of it as I can. Should be a fun season.

Did A LOT of testing laps tonight at all the circuits on the schedule. Will be doing it again here shortly with a different car. Needless to say the car I want to pick has a lot of flaws and it can get quite frustrating at times. Ran ~5-6 laps to trim down a lap time at one circuit, only to go out in the other car and beat it on the first lap, then end up almost half a second faster. Trap speeds are also down by 4 mph compared to the faster car. I think as much as I want to run the Genesis, it's gearing matched with the soft tires just doesn't work well. Needs a small power bump and a new transmission to be really competitive.

Did A LOT of testing laps tonight at all the circuits on the schedule. Will be doing it again here shortly with a different car. Needless to say the car I want to pick has a lot of flaws and it can get quite frustrating at times. Ran ~5-6 laps to trim down a lap time at one circuit, only to go out in the other car and beat it on the first lap, then end up almost half a second faster. Trap speeds are also down by 4 mph compared to the faster car. I think as much as I want to run the Genesis, it's gearing matched with the soft tires just doesn't work well. Needs a small power bump and a new transmission to be really competitive.

Kind of how the Porsche was. It was down too much on power and it's gearing didn't help it much at all. At Spa I easily ran nearly a second faster with the Aston than I did with the Porsche in the first 3 laps. That is why I had to keep within you and Timlours draft that race, LOL. It was the only way to stay close to competition.

That being said, I think the Supra is in a similar boat with not having enough power. But it seems the tranny is set up better. Regardless, it might still be slower than what it should be to be a top contender. I am going to stick it out though like I did with the Porsche. It may surprise me later.

Modified my T-GT rim:

T GT kit by 3Drap.jpg

Back