IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
That looks really cool! I like these real looking rims but I wonder how good they are at handling opposite lock. With a full wheel sometimes you're able to "float" your hands over the wheel as it rotates and catch it at the right angle to collect a wayward car. I don't know if you can still do that, but you may have more control overall so that doesn't happen in the first place :)

That looks really cool! I like these real looking rims but I wonder how good they are at handling opposite lock. With a full wheel sometimes you're able to "float" your hands over the wheel as it rotates and catch it at the right angle to collect a wayward car. I don't know if you can still do that, but you may have more control overall so that doesn't happen in the first place :)
I'll let you know how it goes. I also have the 599X Thrustmaster rim which is a much larger diameter. I use that with the tuned Street cars. The modified T-GT rim is for the race cars.

Racing/Testing at Monza tonight !!

I hope to see you guys there.

Please have your cars set up with the correct BoP. I will be turning BoP off in the lobby after race 1.

I might be on. Depends on if I get sucked into Dirt Rally 2.0 again lol.

I eventually need to start working on a livery for my car too. Need to quit getting distracted.

@Moby45

Its test season, just paint a car a solid color and pop the number plate and Michelin decals on. I did that for each eligible car and then have been going back and tweaking them to be more of an actual livery as I get free time.

I can't just do that. I won't ever go back and finish the car. Lol. As soon as I go into the livery editor I have to make something or I will put it off until it is too late and then I won't have a livery or I will have one I am not happy with. Lol

Also, start of the season isn't that far away anyway.

I can't just do that. I won't ever go back and finish the car. Lol. As soon as I go into the livery editor I have to make something or I will put it off until it is too late and then I won't have a livery or I will have one I am not happy with. Lol

Also, start of the season isn't that far away anyway.
Your planning on using the Supra, right?

Pretty sure I'm running the Aston again. That way I'm not jumping between different cars from this and the FIA stuff. The thing with the Genesis is that it needs more power and better gearing. Maybe even just a 1% bump in power might help. The idea was to make things closer at the front but since Tim went with the Mustang (which is faster than the Vette) he'll be running away with it from the start if I went with the Genesis. :P

Pretty sure I'm running the Aston again. That way I'm not jumping between different cars from this and the FIA stuff. The thing with the Genesis is that it needs more power and better gearing. Maybe even just a 1% bump in power might help. The idea was to make things closer at the front but since Tim went with the Mustang (which is faster than the Vette) he'll be running away with it from the start if I went with the Genesis. :P

Yeah it is pretty funny that GTS has nerf'd some cars a little too much when it comes to power(maybe the FIA nerf'd them). In GR4 on the game if you want a winning car you pick any of the cars with a V8 in it. They handle very well and their power works on almost all tracks. Out of all of the V8 cars the Vantage is by far my fav. Of course I like the V8 Vantage in general so I am biased. Lol

The Supra is geared pretty well but at Monza it showed how much it is down on power. Then again, Monza is a track you take with a grain of salt. It is designed for cars with power. Those are the only ones that will do well there. Reguardless, I feel like the Supra needs a 1% or 2% bump in power, much like the Porsche and Hyundai.

Still going to stick with the Supra though. It will be fun to play with and if I pull a win out with it then that is something to feel good about. I am not quick enough to really compete with you or Timlour anyway so no need for me to drive the Vantage or Stang lol. This will be good testing on the Supra to see if its worth using in the FIA races.

Drivers who elect to use the Supra WILL be allowed to switch to the "newer version" if PD gives us a proper Gr.4 version.

Apparently PD and Toyota do intend to add another Gr.4 Supra at a later date.

Drivers who elect to use the Supra WILL be allowed to switch to the "newer version" if PD gives us a proper Gr.4 version.

Apparently PD and Toyota do intend to add another Gr.4 Supra at a later date.

Maybe a stupid question but won't the new one be the same, just available for everybody else to use? I filled out the survey, I like my exclusivity. LMAO!! @R1600Turbo you might find that funny :)

Maybe. Right now, to me at least, it feels like a warmed over street car so they might tweak it a bit.

Good point. That is basically what the Nurburgring Supra race car was. It just happened to be similar to what they would use as a GT4 car since there wasn't a GT4 car made at the time per-se. It was their test mule for what a GT4 spec version of the Supra will be.

:cheers:Happy New Year!!:cheers:

I want to take this time to thank all of you guys who have participated in the series. Season 2 was really amazing and I am really looking forward Season 3. Please be sure to read through the rules between now and the start of the season because there are a few changes to they way things will work. There is also a set of rules for driving etiquette with specific penalties (nothing over the top).

As always, if anyone has questions or needs help with a livery feel free to ask.

-Gentleman

Breaking news: Geology Autosport may very well not be signing with Dodge for the upcoming season of the IRS GT4 championship.

Team owner @TheGeologist has long been a staunch (and successful) supporter of the Dodge Viper, amassing more than twenty five wins in the Gr3 and 4 versions of the car. He has readily signed with Dodge whenever the manufacture has been available for events for the better part of the last two years.

During recent testing for the IRS GT4 series, @TheGeologist had been seen testing for Dodge, Honda and Aston Martin. When asked why he was testing multiple manufactures, @TheGeologist stated "Geology Autosport is simply carrying out it's due diligence with respect to the upcoming IRS GT4 season". It should be noted that during initial testing, all of the cars were matte grey with no liveries.

Now @TheGeologist has been spied testing at Weather Tech Raceway Laguna Seca in a Honda NSX, but this time with a full livery on the car. If Geology Autosport is intending to sign with Honda when manufacture signups open, then this will mark the first time in a long time that Geology Autosport does not sign a contract with Dodge.

Last time Geology Autosport signed elsewhere? With Hyundai in Test Season 4 of the 2017 FiA Manufacturer Series.

We've reached out to @TheGeologist and Geology Autosport for comment, but we have yet to hear back.

We will update this news story as more information becomes available.

When is the latest we can choose? I have a few options I like and will probably wait until others pick so everyone gets their preferred car. I really dont mind if I use my 1st choice or 5th.
If you want to wait until race 1 that is up to you but once you choose you have to stay with that car.

Toyota Supra. It is just a fun car to drive and it sounds pretty good too. Doesn't sound as good as the Aston Martin but it is still good.

I wish GTS would add the NEW Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 car to the game.

Toyota Supra. It is just a fun car to drive and it sounds pretty good too. Doesn't sound as good as the Aston Martin but it is still good.

And the AMG GT, Alpine, Camaro, etc, etc. ;)

Make sure you post your Supra pock after 4pm EST.

Back