IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
90 minutes of Spa Livery:

6278018982417302037.jpg

Anyone around tonight to practice? I don't know when the FIA races are so hopefully some of you are around

Practice lobby open. Public with BOP on to make it easier for randoms. It's close enough for most of us and practice in a group on this track is still worthy experience even if it's not exactly right.

Damn, bad timing. I had the room clearly labelled with RWD Only, No Megane Please and still got people picking the RCZ, Veyron, and Megane. Of course all of these people weren't from an English speaking country so there's that.

Umm, I think my ballast numbers are wrong as I didn't finish on the podium at Autopolis.

Got some good testing in tonight bit I had to cut out early. I was battling a migraine just before I joined the server. It started winning after a few laps in the race.

Feeling any better yet? I'm still hurting after fully committing to admitting that I picked a 🤬 car and ballast system hasn't helped at all. I'm not knocking it, just stating a fact. It hasn't changed anything to help me even though I've had poor finishes in class. Others have 2 or 3% weight increase and seem to have a lot less tire wear than me. Thanks for adding that info on the replays because it really was insightful. The Lexus simply eats tires. Gotta pick something else for next season, that's for sure.

That race was by far the hardest I have pushed that car. It is so bad with ballast, it's pretty frustrating. Especially when it's not doing much other than making the cars handle like crap. Got the jump on Tim during the stops and tried my hardest to keep a gap but with 4-5 laps to go the tires had enough and I made a mistake exiting the kink after the bridge which dirtied the tires and made me go wide entering the corkscrew, which in turn made me cut the corner and get a shortcut penalty. Then I screwed the kink again and that was pretty much all she wrote for any chance at victory. Was just going to put pressure on Tim the last couple laps if I could keep up, then there may have been some lag induced contact. Not going to celebrate a victory just yet until the stewards have a look at it.

From my view, this is where I'm at when contact might have been made: (46:56)

IMG_20200316_192946.jpg

Had a good night finally. In regards to that I posted this in the ARL Gr3 series over the weekend and figured I’d post it here too. I firmly believe I’ve found the fix to my issues I was having with consistency and the abs bug. For those interested here is what I found.

I simply stopped streaming. Never did anything before the race for the abs glitch and didn’t get it. Car did what I wanted it to do when I wanted. If your having issues with consistency and or the abs stuff, and you stream, try not for a few races. Also double check you don’t have any updates in the background being downloaded.

Also check that your PS4 isn’t getting too hot. Even though mine was sitting up on some little blocks so it had open air all around it, it was still pretty warm after a while. It now is sitting on the end of my rig with a good fan 6” away on max. Was much cooler after hours of running

Had a good night finally. In regards to that I posted this in the ARL Gr3 series over the weekend and figured I’d post it here too. I firmly believe I’ve found the fix to my issues I was having with consistency and the abs bug. For those interested here is what I found.

I simply stopped streaming. Never did anything before the race for the abs glitch and didn’t get it. Car did what I wanted it to do when I wanted. If your having issues with consistency and or the abs stuff, and you stream, try not for a few races. Also double check you don’t have any updates in the background being downloaded.

Also check that your PS4 isn’t getting too hot. Even though mine was sitting up on some little blocks so it had open air all around it, it was still pretty warm after a while. It now is sitting on the end of my rig with a good fan 6” away on max. Was much cooler after hours of running
You had a great race and I had a great time battling with you. I'm very happy to see that you got things sorted

Back