IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
Had a good night finally. In regards to that I posted this in the ARL Gr3 series over the weekend and figured I’d post it here too. I firmly believe I’ve found the fix to my issues I was having with consistency and the abs bug. For those interested here is what I found.

I simply stopped streaming. Never did anything before the race for the abs glitch and didn’t get it. Car did what I wanted it to do when I wanted. If your having issues with consistency and or the abs stuff, and you stream, try not for a few races. Also double check you don’t have any updates in the background being downloaded.

Also check that your PS4 isn’t getting too hot. Even though mine was sitting up on some little blocks so it had open air all around it, it was still pretty warm after a while. It now is sitting on the end of my rig with a good fan 6” away on max. Was much cooler after hours of running
I've streamed on and off for the last few years and haven't noticed anything. Could just be a placebo, and a powerful one at that. It's good that you got it sorted regardless but I don't know if there's any truth to that. @aceboy127 and @Herimopp89 stream a lot more than me so maybe they have some insight

I've streamed on and off for the last few years and haven't noticed anything. Could just be a placebo, and a powerful one at that. It's good that you got it sorted regardless but I don't know if there's any truth to that. @aceboy127 and @Herimopp89 stream a lot more than me so maybe they have some insight
Well I know last Saturday herimopp got the abs glitch in gr3.
The other thing to it is my internet was lacking as well. So it could have been a combination of things as I also ran new cat6 cable from router to PS4. Still limited to about 300mb speeds.

We have a problem with the results. I reviewed two incidents. One of them is very simple. The other is a problem because the following rule was not acknowledged:

"If two (or more) vehicles come into contact during the race (whether intentional or not) the striking driver SHALL wait for the vehicle struck to return to the racing surface and SHALL relinquish any position gained. Even if this means potentially losing positions to other racers approaching. Failure to adhere to this rule will incur a 5 second time penalty to be assessed to the driver's total race time."

If that's for my incident, then we have a problem with it being a lag induced incident. Per my view and replay, there was no contact. Can anyone besides Tim that saved the replay confirm or deny contact?

If that's for my incident, then we have a problem with it being a lag induced incident. Per my view and replay, there was no contact. Can anyone besides Tim that saved the replay confirm or deny contact?
The rule states "whether intentional or not". You still should have waited and then resumed the battle. Despite the 5 second penalty you still won the race by .082 of a second.

The rule states "whether intentional or not". You still should have waited and then resumed the battle. Despite the 5 second penalty you still won the race by .082 of a second.
Depends on your definition of unintentional.

Edit: either way it doesn't matter I wasn't going to win anyway.

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of unintentional.
That contact was certainly unintentional. Some might even argue that it didn't even happen considering that it is clearly not visible in the replay. However, the result of the lag and the game translating it into contact is visible. @Timlour goes flying off of the track.

You guys were way out front on your own. Neither one of you would have lost position had you waited. I can understand why you didn't in the confusion.

That's part of the reason that all of the penalties were cut in half earlier this season. If you recall, it was originally 10 seconds.

You now have a 1 point lead in the Championship going into the final race! It should be a good one!

All Points and Ballast Charts updated and posted.

I'll take care of the Ballast List tomorrow.

I am considering a Major Change for the final event - Due to Corona Virus concerns.

That contact was certainly unintentional. Some might even argue that it didn't even happen considering that it is clearly not visible in the replay. However, the result of the lag and the game translating it into contact is visible. @Timlour goes flying off of the track.

You guys were way out front on your own. Neither one of you would have lost position had you waited. I can understand why you didn't in the confusion.

That's part of the reason that all of the penalties were cut in half earlier this season. If you recall, it was originally 10 seconds.

You now have a 1 point lead in the Championship going into the final race! It should be a good one!
Unintentional to me is bumping someone off without knowing they were there or trying to avoid contact but being unable to. For me we braked at the same time and the gap was constant. This situation might be in a bit of a gray area. As I edited above, wasn't going to win anyway but I certainly would have stopped if I knowingly hit him. Honestly not looking forward to next week at this point with the way the car is handling.

Unintentional to me is bumping someone off without knowing they were there or trying to avoid contact but being unable to. For me we braked at the same time and the gap was constant. This situation might be in a bit of a gray area. As I edited above, wasn't going to win anyway but I certainly would have stopped if I knowingly hit him. Honestly not looking forward to next week at this point with the way the car is handling.

I don't know about "wasn't going to win". You guys were really close and you definitely had a chance to make a move for the win. I've seen you pull off tougher moves. That's no knock on @Timlour. He is very good as well.

As far as the handling goes - the Ballast definitely changes things up and that is sort of the purpose. To keep things close based on a drivers success. Spa is the perfect place to finish the series. I expect the final stint will be where people try to make moves. There will be some really good strategic racing that day.

There will be some really good strategic racing that day.
Basically me trying to make one more stop than everyone else work somehow. Consider the Pro-Am championship yours for the taking CleanRacer. Assuming we get Turbo, Timlour, Ace, and Moby/Whitey the highest position I can get is 5th. That means you have to get 9th for me to tie, and then lead at 30 or 60 minutes to win by one point. We won't have nine people so that's that. If you got 8th and I got both points for 30 and 60 minutes we'd be tied. Maybe I break the tie with more higher finishing positions? I don't know but I don't see myself getting 5th so congratulations. Next season with a different car I'll find out if it was just the Lexus or just too much ballast.

Would you like to discuss that stuff for next season here in the thread of privately in conversation?

I don't know about "wasn't going to win". You guys were really close and you definitely had a chance to make a move for the win. I've seen you pull off tougher moves. That's no knock on @Timlour. He is very good as well.

As far as the handling goes - the Ballast definitely changes things up and that is sort of the purpose. To keep things close based on a drivers success. Spa is the perfect place to finish the series. I expect the final stint will be where people try to make moves. There will be some really good strategic racing that day.

He had better tires and clawed away 4 seconds from my stupid mistakes in short order. Once he got past, that was it. I'm not defending the win so if you think he deserves it by all means do what you need to do.

He had better tires and clawed away 4 seconds from my stupid mistakes in short order. Once he got past, that was it. I'm not defending the win so if you think he deserves it by all means do what you need to do.
I assume you have not read the incident review I posted in that section. The penalty was issued but did not affect the outcome.

I don't make determinations about who deserves the win. Anything can happen. He might have made a mistake too.

All Points and Ballast Charts updated and posted.

I'll take care of the Ballast List tomorrow.

I am considering a Major Change for the final event - Due to Corona Virus concerns.
I just had the idea to call it The Race To Fight Coronavirus (Boredom). We need something to keep us busy while we stay at home and racing/gaming is a good distraction.

Last edited:
Basically me trying to make one more stop than everyone else work somehow. Consider the Pro-Am championship yours for the taking CleanRacer. Assuming we get Turbo, Timlour, Ace, and Moby/Whitey the highest position I can get is 5th. That means you have to get 9th for me to tie, and then lead at 30 or 60 minutes to win by one point. We won't have nine people so that's that. If you got 8th and I got both points for 30 and 60 minutes we'd be tied. Maybe I break the tie with more higher finishing positions? I don't know but I don't see myself getting 5th so congratulations. Next season with a different car I'll find out if it was just the Lexus or just too much ballast.

Would you like to discuss that stuff for next season here in the thread of privately in conversation?

I did a 15 minute custom race in the Lexus. Tire wear wasn't too bad. I figured my strategy would be a two stop. That's option 1 for me in the M4 anyway. Here is a screen shot-pic might be too small to see the tire indicator:

PS_Messages_20200318_083345.jpg

Edit: Tire wear and fuel were set at x2. I'm not sure if Lobby physics are the same as Custom Race physics or not.

I did a 15 minute custom race in the Lexus. Tire wear wasn't too bad. I figured my strategy would be a two stop. That's option 1 for me in the M4 anyway. Here is a screen shot-pic might be too small to see the tire indicator:

View attachment 900842

Edit: Tire wear and fuel were set at x2. I'm not sure if Lobby physics are the same as Custom Race physics or not.
Lobby physics are not the same as custom race physics so that was useless lol

Good morning fellas,
A week or 2 ago I posted about this series and got a response that mid year entries were not allowed. What I didn't get was an answer to when the next season starts? Any ETA @Clean Racer?
I checked the first post and the only thing I could find was the start to the current season.

If you read the first post you should see when the current season ends. It has not yet been decided when the next season will start but Clean Racer said something about a 2-3 week break.

Next monday is the last race. At that point I imagine sign ups would be open as we prepare for the next season which would follow probably a 2 to 3 week break for testing and car selection.

I've always been under the impression that anything with a tire wear setting is the same.
Incorrect. I know it came up on here recently in another thread but it's been known that physics and everything is different from offline to online so always practice/test in an online lobby.

Incorrect. I know it came up on here recently in another thread but it's been known that physics and everything is different from offline to online so always practice/test in an online lobby.
I don't know about that. I know that Time Trial mode is very different but I thought I read somewhere that Custom Races were similar to online lobbies.

I could be wrong.

I have found big differences in grip online vs offline personally. I only practice in private lobbies. If we are trying to figure out if the lexus can indeed be competitive over an endurance race we may find out next season as it is in my final 3 for car selection for next season. It is definitely the fastest of the 3 on a short run. I just may pick it to see what the fuss is about. The big difference being I generally dont accrue much ballast unless I were maybe dropped to am.

Back