IRS GT4 Championship Season 3 - Pro Champ - Timlour, Pro-Am Champ - Clean Racer

• Thread starter Clean Racer
  • 1,018 comments
Alright I'm down to choosing between 2 cars. I'll try to make a decision this week so the spotters guide is current for race 1. It's really tough to choose. There's the car I think I could compete in but has already been taken or the car that is different and looks amazing but just has those quirks I can't necessarily wrap my head around at the moment which is the mclaren. @Clean Racer how did you tame this thing? Somehow I was slower in the tight corners than the mustang when I was chasing @Mopowr. This thing understeers like crazy. Is it just a rhythm thing that I have to adjust to or is there a trick? You were fast in this car so I imagine it can be tamed somehow.

Alright I'm down to choosing between 2 cars. I'll try to make a decision this week so the spotters guide is current for race 1. It's really tough to choose. There's the car I think I could compete in but has already been taken or the car that is different and looks amazing but just has those quirks I can't necessarily wrap my head around at the moment which is the mclaren. @Clean Racer how did you tame this thing? Somehow I was slower in the tight corners than the mustang when I was chasing @Mopowr. This thing understeers like crazy. Is it just a rhythm thing that I have to adjust to or is there a trick? You were fast in this car so I imagine it can be tamed somehow.
The McLaren does understeer. i had to turn in a touch earlier to get the line I wanted, trail braking in tight stuff is a must and I also adjusted the BB rearward as the tires started to wear and exaggerated the understeer. It was decent on fuel and tires but I couldn't extend the stints too much because the as the understeer got worse I would lose too much time.

Keep in mind that there are 3 cars allowed per manufacturer. I don't think every car is spoken for. I have not done a good job of documenting car availability but I can get that up by Wednesday.

The McLaren does understeer. i had to turn in a touch earlier to get the line I wanted, trail braking in tight stuff is a must and I also adjusted the BB rearward as the tires started to wear and exaggerated the understeer. It was decent on fuel and tires but I couldn't extend the stints too much because the as the understeer got worse I would lose too much time.

Keep in mind that there are 3 cars allowed per manufacturer. I don't think every car is spoken for. I have not done a good job of documenting car availability but I can get that up by Wednesday.

I was able to leave the BB at zero and have pretty good consistency with it in another league I ran. It also seemed to have made the trail braking feel better too. Tire wear was a lot less than starting out with the brakes up front then moving them back during the race. It's a fun car to play with in the game for sure.

BUT, if the Aston has an open spot left I would suggest trying that car out. It is a very rewarding car especially once you get your rhythm down on track.

I was actually looking at lexus to be honest, but I made a promise to myself that I would help diversify the races by picking an unrepresented car and that's probably what I'll do. My first choice was actually the mustang and I spent days making a killer (although technically illegal) livery for it. But at this point it's too popular so I'm looking at the mclaren. I dont get along well with the porsche at all for some reason and the hyundai is up and down for me but I think with practice I can make the mclaren work and I really like the livery I put together for it. That is swaying me as well to be honest. It's just so pretty

I wanted to stick with the hyundai for the power to weight ratio but tires are more important. Lexus should be fine, it's not like it's in capable hands or anything lol

@DesertPenguin I mean I wouldn't say I am any better than you so it's not like I would represent it better. I believe you are actually rated as a higher driver than me in IRS's classification. I could be wrong but I thought that's how it was.

@DesertPenguin I mean I wouldn't say I am any better than you so it's not like I would represent it better. I believe you are actually rated as a higher driver than me in IRS's classification. I could be wrong but I thought that's how it was.
Just means I have more races to make a classification based off of. Don't let it hide your pace :)

Some good racing last night. It's going to be interesting to see how ballast will affect positions within the classes. Remember, Pro-Ams will also be accruing ballast based on finish position within their class. Up to a 3% max.

This should be good.

I don't associate "Elf" with AMG Mercedes. Therefore, @aceboy127 will have another livery option for Season 3.

Shared:
IRS GT4 S3.jpg

I appreciate the gesture, but I will plan on sticking with my Elf sponsored Merc this season. I'm actually running an Elf sponsored Merc in Blancpain too.

ON THE EVE OF THE START OF SEASON 3....

Well Gentlemen, tomorrow night we start Season 3 at Interlagos. It looks to be an exciting Season with some very good drivers and our first look at a battle for the Championship in the Pro category between some talented drivers. The Pro-Am division looks to have some exciting match ups as well!

Please note that I have sorted the "registered Drivers" list and placed drivers into the category that will suit the Championship best and provide for some exciting racing. Remember that this season the Pro-Am drivers will also accrue success ballast but will max out at 3%. If you believe you have been placed in the wrong category by all means post. Organizer reserves the right to make changes to a driver's category based on performance but NO changes will be made following Race 4.

Reserve drivers will all run in the Pro Class.

I will be maintaining a ballast tracking sheet in page one so drivers know how to make the appropriate adjustments to their vehicle's weight from race to race.

I ask that all participants read the rules regarding contact for this series.

CLASS PHOTO...

I would like to set a way to have as many of the regular drivers in a lobby so that we may take a Season 3 Class Photo. Please post up your availability for this. It is best to do it just before or right after one of the races.

RACE 1 at Interlagos

Please post if you can not make it to Race 1 so that reserves can be ready if spaces are available for them. Thank you.

Back