IRS GT4 Championship Series - Season 2 - Timlour is our Pro Class Champion!

Which damage setting do you prefer for this series?

• Heavy Damage

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Light Damage

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The schedule spoiler tab has been updated to reflect that Sardegna Road Track A has been removed from the schedule (it was race 5).

The Finale is now going to be at Spa Francorchamps! I don't have a lap count for it yet because we have to test and see what the lap times will be like there. Is anybody interested in testing at Spa on Friday?

The schedule spoiler tab has been updated to reflect that Sardegna Road Track A has been removed from the schedule (it was race 5).

The Finale is now going to be at Spa Francorchamps! I don't have a lap count for it yet because we have to test and see what the lap times will be like there. Is anybody interested in testing at Spa on Friday?
What about Porsche cup race? You still in?

This isn't a survey or anything but...what do you guys think about the format thus far? Specifically the Ballast portion of things. I know it sucks to struggle due to added weight but do you guys think it adds an extra challenge?

I might be opening a can of worms here....be nice.:lol::gtpflag:

It's great man. I used to do weight ballast in league racing back in GT5. Which I took the idea from Touring Car racing. You may struggle with the weight(and oh man the porsche did especially with acceleration) but that is the point of it. To make it harder for people who win all the time to win.

Not that they wont win. Just make it harder. Lol

I personally love it and I also think you have the fuel and tire wear settings done the best out of the rest of the leagues I race

Sorry for disappearing without a word. I'm working 6 days a week right now and I won't be able to continue with the championship. Good luck guys and maybe I'll be able to join you for Season 3.
Sorry to hear you can't continue. Keep tabs on us as the season goes on.

Finally!
650S Gr.4.jpg

Race Day!! The Lobby will open up for practice at 8:30 pm.

20 minute qualifying starts at 9:00pm.

Please be sure to adjust your cars weight (ballast) accordingly (see below):

Ballast Allotments for Race 4

LedtheIron - 110% = 3,153 lbs

Clean Racer - 113% - 3,239 lbs
SDM Viper - 109% - 3,364 lbs
Moby45 - 111% = 3,181 lbs
Timlour - 115% = 3,422 lbs (maxed out)
BassAddition - 105% = 3,124 lbs

I’ll be missing the race tonight, dog got sick so I am spending the day in the vet and then I will need to work tonight

@Bass Addict make sure to test your wheel before the race tonight. That hiccup at the start last week cost you a potential podium finish. Now I've got all this ballast to deal with. :lol::gtpflag:

What's a decent lap time on this track? I havent had a chance to practice but I like to know what I'm aiming for. This way i can drive to fast and hard for my skill level qualify well and then crash on the first lap cuz I'm over driving my abilities lol

I dont recall what times were when i was testing. I dont think they were very good becasue I tested with 3% ballast applied.

If you focus and dont push too hard you should have a good race. That long front straight will be good for your Mustang.

Last edited:
I dont recall what times were when i was testing. I dont think they were very good becasue I tested with 3% ballast applied.

If you focus and dont push to hard toy should have a good race. That long front straight will be good for your Mustang.

I'm just having fun with myself. Been studying alot lately and trying to learn what I should and shouldn't be doing. That's what I've come up with so far and I believe it is mostly do to where I am looking while racing. I'm gonna start practicing when I get home!

I really hope I make it tonight. Been averaging about 3 seconds slower per minute of lap time on my wheel vs my ds4. I've also got this issue where it wont turn in initially and then it over turns and spins me exiting the corners. Its happening in gtsport and pcars. Been playing with the modes and the calibration in pcars. Will try to recalibrate it on my laptop before tonight and see if it helps. I need to figure this out asap. Its killing my desire to even race anymore because I can't control the car.

Hope there's a good black Friday deal on wheels this year. I'm starting to think it's time for an upgrade.

I really hope I make it tonight. Been averaging about 3 seconds slower per minute of lap time on my wheel vs my ds4. I've also got this issue where it wont turn in initially and then it over turns and spins me exiting the corners. Its happening in gtsport and pcars. Been playing with the modes and the calibration in pcars. Will try to recalibrate it on my laptop before tonight and see if it helps. I need to figure this out asap. Its killing my desire to even race anymore because I can't control the car.

Hope there's a good black Friday deal on wheels this year. I'm starting to think it's time for an upgrade.
What do you have for a wheel?

Depends on the where the deals fall. This wheel came to me off center and with some ghosts already so I knew it was temporary. I dont mind losing because of a skill gap but losing due to wheel issues isn't sitting well with me.

ALL:

Today I will be in the process of reviewing some incidents in the race. It appears there was a multi car collision on lap 11.

As of right now race results are considered unofficial.

The following is an assessment of the incidents during last nights race:

• In turn 1 at the start of the race @RoadRageDudez a.k.a SDM_RRDZ came steaming into turn 1 and collided with @Moby45. Moby's car sustained damage to the right rear suspension as a result. Moby did an amazing job to stay with the lead pack and repaired the damage during the Pit Stop but his race was compromised at that point. He benefited from an incident that occurred later in the race and still finished 2nd. Well done @Moby45!
  • Toward the end of lap 10 @Mopowor had taken the lead but blew the turn prior to the chicane near the end of the lap. He then proceeded to go off track through both the left and right sections of the chicane and had a spin. In his attempt to get back on track and enter the pit lane he re-entered Unsafely. @Timlour had committed to overtaking @Mopowr on the indside going into the final turn but was subsequently sent head first into the barrier and sustained heavy damage to the front of the Corvette. Luckily @Timlour was able to go into the pit but still lost time recovering after the accident and while repairing damage in the pits. Immediately following that collision with @Timlour, @Mopowr then collided with @Bass Addict who was pushed into the sand, had a spin coming out of the sand and ended up backing into the wall. Also sustaining damage. @Bass Addict had to complete that lap with damage. Race compromised but repaired the car in the pit then proceeded to secure fast lap. He may have been in the mix at the front if not for that damage.
  • On lap 18 @LedtheIron was running wide and onto the paint through turn 3 (the long right hander) but while trying to return to the track was struck in the right rear quarter by @Mopowr. @LedtheIron suffered suspension damage but soldiered on. (He may have pitted late - I'm not sure).
As a result of these incidents the following penalties are being issued:

• As a result of the collision on lap 1 (turn 1) - A warning is being issued to @RoadRageDudez for the dive-bomb.
  • As a result of the collision on lap 11 - A 30 second time penalty added to @Mopowr 's race finish time (similar to what a drive through penalty would yield a driver). This effectively moves his finish position from 5th to 7th and promotes @Bass Addict and @LedtheIron up to 5th and 6th respectively.
  • As a result of the collision on lap 18 - A 5 position grid spot penalty is being issued to @Mopowr for race 5 at Monza.

I hope this doesn't seem to harsh. Due to the fact that people's races were compromised Organizers felt penalties were in order.

TBH, these guys are both good drivers and anyone can make a mistake like this in the heat of the action. One also has to consider that prior to lap 11 there was some seriously close racing up front between as many as 5 drivers and all of it was without much incident other than some side by side argey bargey that is often seen in real racing. These things happen.

I have recorded the race Broadcast but I still have some editing to do. I hope to have it up as soon as possible.

I look forward to Race 5 at Monza (well, kind of... I have 4% ballast for the next race lol). Let's remember what T1 L1 can be like at Monza.

Back