IRS Michelin Prototype Series Season 2 - Congrats to GTP-Bambi and CWM, your Champions!

• Thread starter damonc84
  • 152 comments
High 2:12s/Low 2:13s. I'll probably be mid-2:13s for most of the race
That pace was kinda my "guys these are literally my first laps please help." when I got into the lobby last night! :lol:

Had a nice duel with Gentleman after I flubbed the formation lap and played catch up. I made a brave mood round the outside at Piff Paff coz I knew our tuning philosophy for the race was totally different. Didnt help, but it gave me confidence to set up a move later on.

Also, no-stop on the tyres!! 40+ laps on the same set and was still looking good for low 12s and high 11s at the end. It was kinda unnecessary in hindsight, I just wanted to be out ahead of Gentle... that and part of me knew I could get away with it.

I had a lot of fun last night aside from my first lap crash that I never recovered from.

hoping there will be a spot and time permits for me to make the last two rounds!

That pace was kinda my "guys these are literally my first ls please help." when I got into the lobby last night! :lol:

Had a nice duel with Gentleman after I flubbed the formation lap and played catch up. I made a brave mood round the outside at Piff Paff coz I knew our tuning philosophy for the race was totally different. Didnt help, but it gave me confidence to set up a move later on.

Also, no-stop on the tyres!! 40+ laps on the same set and was still looking good for low 12s and high 11s at the end. It was kinda unnecessary in hindsight, I just wanted to be out ahead of Gentle... that and part of me knew I could get away with it.

Like wise Like I said on Discord I literally used the same setup minus a gear change from Sardegna first lap out i ran a and was thinking this is going to be a long night. I never would have thought I would have had the battle I did with @FD3SSpiritR that I did and the same with @Kross24. The differences in the setups with our cars was so drastic which made for a great race.

I had to make some slight setup adjustments from Sardegna to be able to carry the speed I wanted through the second sector without becoming a sitting duck on the straightaways. Perhaps it wasn't the fastest setup but I felt that it was what would allow me to be able to overtake on the straights and not be a snowplow at the same time.

Happy with the result last night. Could have had pole, could have had fastest lap, but I'll take victory over those two things any day of the week.

I won't give away my secrets. :lol:

It was the fastest I went through there all race, but I kinda felt I didn't really have much to lose if I crashed so just went for it.

I kept the tyre very evenly worn which helps a lot with keeping the feel of the car consistent.

Finally, we are back to racing!

But do hope all of y'all enjoyed the break. Results and Points Standings have been posted from Spa, this Friday penultimate round for the season at Nurburgring GP. Based on how things worked at Spa, the flag rules will remain unchanged for this round. Please confirm in thread her on GTP or on the IRS Discord server (tag me there so I make sure I see it).

May 8th - Germany 1H - Nurburgring GP (Evening 17:00)
Race Length: 32 Laps (including Formation Lap)

Entry List
Host/Safety Car: @damonc84
[Div.1] #9 @Whitetail
[Div.1] #17 @Storm_SP17
[Div.1] #22 @FD3SSpiritR

[Div.1] #25 @bloodyboyblue
[Div.1] #26 @Antares26
[Div.1] #55 @Herimopp89
[Div.2] #109 @DesertPenguin

[Div.2] #112 @Neutty (Tenative)
[Div.2] #113 @The Gran Finale
[Div.2] #115 @racefan88 (R)