IRS Michelin Prototype Series Season 2 - Starts March 13th

• Thread starter damonc84
  • 36 comments
United States
Texas, USA
damon84c
6133986260195214344_1.png

After more than a year hiatus, International Racing Series's (IRS) Intermediate level Prototype series is back for Season 2 at the beginning of 2020. Under new management, a new title sponsor and some minor tweeks to the original series idea created by @Antares26 back in 2018. IRS looks forward to starting the 2020 season off with this exciting form racing formula on Gran Turismo Sport along side our Saturday Intercontinental GT Challenge Series put on by @DesertPenguin. Look forward to plenty of on-track action in the IRS Michelin Prototype Series powered by Lexus in the coming months.​

March 13th - France 1H - Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A (Evening 15:10)
TBA - Italy 1H - TBA (TBA)
TBA - Belgium 1.5H - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Afternoon 16:45)
TBA - Germany 1H - Nurburgring GP (Evening 17:00)
TBA - Spain 1.5H - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (Afternoon 16:30)

Registration for series is to be posted in thread as listed below.

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Car Number:
Team Name:
Primary Sponsor:

• Drivers of a Sapphire or lower ranking on the 2020 IRS Driver rankings chart in the IRS Main Hub Thread will be allowed to compete.
  • Car numbers can be chosen from 1-99
  • Teams can have up to a maximum of two drivers
  • No two teams can share the same primary sponsor
  • Sharing primary sponsors between cars of the same team is optional
  • Once the season has started, all registered entry details are final

Vehicle Guidelines
Lexus (Toyota) TS030 Hybrid '12
Power: 355HP (67%)
Weight: 2222lbs (112%)
Tires: Racing Hard
  • Use of the stock livery is prohibited.
  • Offensive liveries and/or decals are strictly prohibited.
  • Use of Lexus decals is required above windshield as per placement guide.
  • Use of the Michelin Tire decals is required. In-game Michelin Decals 01 or 03, Michelin Decals 02, or similar as per placement guide.
  • Use of the LMP3 number plate and LMP3 class decals are required. These mandatory decals are provided in the Mandatory Decals section.
  • IRS Decals required as per placement guide
  • Drivers National flag required as per placement guide
  • Drivers name on vehicle optional via in-game or decal.
  • Michelin Tire Decals must match those listed in Vehicle Placement Guide
  • Racing number in “Racing Items” of livery editor must match number shown on vehicle.
  • The placement of the mandatory decals must follow the placement guide as shown in the Mandatory Decals section.
  • For cars #1-9, number plates with leading zero (e.g., 01, 02) are not allowed.

Mandatory Decal Guidelines
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191230151607.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20191230151617.jpg

Race Weekend Guidelines
All times are in US Easter Standard time
8:00pm - 8:30pm - Lobby open/Free Practice
8:30pm - 8:40pm - Qualifying
8:50pm - 8:55pm - Grid Formation and Pre-race Spec Check
9:00pm - 10:00pm - Race

Lobby Host will be @damonc84 , add PSN damon84c for lobby access
*Times are an estimate, schedule can alter at any given time without notice.
  • Qualifying session is 10 minutes long. Tire wear and fuel wear will be disabled during qualifying.
  • Track will be reset twice at exactly 8:30pm to reset recorded track times.
  • Qualifying begins as soon as the second reset.
  • Cars on a flying lap once the checkered flag is called at the 10 minute mark will be allowed to finish their current laps.
  • Cars will be allowed to exit to pits during qualifying to change settings.
  • Once Qualifying has finished, all cars are required to stay on track to record lap times and set grid order.
  • Races will begin from a manual formation lap.
  • In case of a car hitting another car off-track, the offending car is expected to return the position to the other car at the soonest possible opportunity.
  • When defending a position, cars will only be allowed to make one change of direction.
  • Heavily damaged cars are expected to slow down and make way for the faster cars around them until the auto-repair is finished.
  • Flag rules are enabled to alert lapped cars of approaching faster cars. Lapped cars are expected to reduce speed enough to allow the faster cars through, while faster cars are expected to make their way around the lapped cars in a safe manner.
  • Track limits are generally defined by the solid white lines at both edges of the track. Drivers are expected to have at least two tires within these white lines at all times.
  • Additional track limit rules (e.g., Use of kerbs and runoff areas) specific to each track in the calendar will be given in the thread within the week of each race.
  • Drivers that exceed track limits for any reason are expected to return any position(s) gained (with the exception of gaining position over car(s) involved in an incident), or reduce speed to negate any potential advantage gained.
  • Drivers that have gone off-track are expected to rejoin the track in a safe manner. Cars on track will have right of way over cars rejoining the track so drivers are expected to rejoin only when there is a safe margin behind them.
  • Frequently exceeding track limits is subject to penalties.
  • Crossing the pit exit line is also subject to penalties.
  • The race will begin with a manual formation lap behind Safety Car if present.
  • Formation lap pace speed is 80mph/130kph.
  • The lobby is set to start races at a rolling start, once the countdown ends, all drivers are expected to gradually slow down to pace speed.
  • The formation lap is single-file up until the specified formation zone, where all cars will queue up double file. The formation zone will be indicated by the race host before the start of the race. Drivers are expected to give ample room to cars in front during this period so as to avoid any unnecessary contact.
  • The driver in pole position is free to choose which side of the track they start on, with the rest of the field slotting up in their corresponding slots.
  • The driver in pole position will be allowed to control the start once the cars reach the start zone. Arbitrary acceleration and braking is not allowed at this point.
  • Cautions and Restarts can be called only if incidents involving at least three cars occurs at the following situations:
  • If during the race start up until the first two corners, a Race Restart can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out R to signal a race restart.
  • If at any point in the race besides the race start and the final lap, a Caution Period can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out C to signal the start of the caution.
  • Race Restarts can only be done up to two times every race. Any race start incidents during the second restart will only result in a Caution Period.
  • Caution Periods will last only two laps, the current lap followed by one full caution lap.
  • Pace speed under caution is 80mph/130kph. Cars are expected to drive single-file, giving adequate space to the cars ahead until close to the restart.
  • Restarts from caution are single file, and race leader can accelerate back to racing speed at anytime in the designated restart zone.
  • Any incident report must be submitted within 48 hours of the end of each race weekend. Any reports submitted beyond this period will not be reviewed.
  • Unsportsmanlike Behavior - Race suspension / Series ban
  • Causing an Avoidable Collision - 20s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Abusing Track Limits - 10s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Illegal Overtake - 30s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Illegal Blocking - 10s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Crossing Pit Exit Line - 20s Time Penalty (can be awarded multiple times)
  • Erratic Movements in Pace Lap - 30s Time Penalty
  • False Start - 30s Time Penalty
  • Failing Pre-Race Spec Check - Back of grid start
  • Mandatory Decal Violation - Warning (1st Offense), Back of grid start (2nd Offense), DSQ (3rd and further Offense)
  • Offensive Livery/Decals - Warning (Livery must be immediately resolved), Series ban (If warning is ignored)
  • Excessive Number of Penalties/Poor Driving Standards - Race suspension
  • For 1H Races: 30-25-22-18-15-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
  • For 1.5H Races: 40-30-27-24-20-18-15-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3
  • Drivers points are taken from finishing position
  • Teams points are taken from the combined points of all drivers in each team.
  • Mid-race disconnections will be awarded the worst possible points from the grid.
  • DNS and DSQ will not be awarded any points.
  • Each driver's single worst points scoring finish will be dropped at the end of the season.
  • Teams standings will reflect the total of all team drivers points with respect to their individual dropped scores.
  • Reserve drivers who have competed in less than half of the total races in the calendar will not have their worst points scoring finish dropped.

Lobby Guidelines
  • Start Type = Rolling Start
  • Race Length = approximately 1-1.5 hours (lap counts will vary from event to event in order to match this time limit)
  • Grid Order: Set By Host
  • Boost: None
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Heavy
  • Tire Wear: 2x
  • Fuel Consumption: 2x
  • Initial Fuel: 75%
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 seconds
  • Filter by Category: Off
  • Balance of Performance: Off
  • Power Limit: Off
  • Weight Limit: Off
  • Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Hard
  • Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard
  • Type of Racing Number: No Limit
  • Assign Car Numbers Automatically: None
  • Tuning: allowed
  • Kart Usage: Off
  • Ghosting During Race: None
  • Shortcut Penalty: Weak
  • Wall Collision Penalty: None
  • Wall Collision Detection: Default
  • Side Contact Penalty: Off
  • Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
  • Replace Car at Course Out: Off
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: TBD
  • Traction Control: No Limit
  • ABS: No Limit
  • Auto-Drive: Prohibited
  • Any driver who expects to arrive late must inform the race officials via the thread, Private Message or through the IRS Discord. Failure to do this will automatically classifies them as DNS.
  • Late Drivers who join the lobby in between the last 15 minutes of qualifying and race start will have to start from the back of the grid.
  • Late Drivers who join the lobby after the race has started will not be allowed to join, regardless of any instance of a race restart.
  • Visibility checks will be conducted prior to start of qualifying and once more before the start of the race. Drivers must indicate if they are unable to see certain drivers, as any on-track incidents revolving around lack of visibility will not be subject to penalties.
  • For network issues specific to certain drivers, they will be allowed to attempt to fix these issues until 9:00pm. Failure to fix these issues by then will result in the driver not being allowed to start, but will be classified as a mid-race disconnection, making them eligible for last place points.
  • For network issues specific to the lobby, a lobby reset will be performed if deemed necessary.
  • For network issues specific to the host, a new room hosted by either another IRS official present or another driver will be created if deemed necessary.
  • For network issues surrounding PSN, a race postponement can be declared if so needed.

Important Links
IRS Main Hub
IRS Discord Server

Last edited:
GTP ID: DesertPenguin
PSN ID: DesertPenguin_
Car Number: #9
Team Name: N/A - Looking for teammate
Primary Sponsor: GT Omega Racing

My livery from Season 1 was blue with white insides so I'll change the colors to red with black insides and call it a day :)

Announcement: The 2020 IRS Driver Rankings have been posted by @aceboy127 in the IRS Main Hub Thread here on GTPlanet. Please consult the thread at the time of entry to verify that you are a ranking of Sapphire or lower to be able to compete in the series.

Thank You again.

Man I was so excited to hear this series was coming back, but Friday's are off the table for me unfortunately. Good luck with the series!

GTP ID: DesertPenguin
PSN ID: DesertPenguin_
Car Number: #9
Team Name: N/A - Looking for teammate

My livery from Season 1 was blue with white insides so I'll change the colors to red with black insides and call it a day :)
GTP ID: Timlour
PSN ID: Timlour
Car Number: #99
Team Name: @DesertPenguin

@DesertPenguin I'll be your teammate if you'll have me. If you've still got your Season 1 blue-white livery then I'll gladly take it.

@DesertPenguin I'll be your teammate if you'll have me. If you've still got your Season 1 blue-white livery then I'll gladly take it.
Yea man, let's do it! I'm working on updating the livery for the new season. I'll send you a PM

@Timlour sorry buddy but you registration is denied for this series due to your Diamond ranking in IRS, only Sapphire or lower rankings are allowed to enter this series.

@Timlour sorry buddy but you registration is denied for this series due to your Diamond ranking in IRS, only Sapphire or lower rankings are allowed to enter this series.
My bad I thought Diamond was the lowest, which I figured made since cause I'm still relatively new to IRS :lol:

I'm gonna have to back out for this season. It crosses over with the Vertex GT Sprint Series and I much prefer GT racing to prototypes. I know you do a drop race, but the rest of the overlap which means I can only compete in two events here. I don't want to take a spot from someone that can do all five.

Planning on a full season entry. I'll get the details finalized and let you know asap.

Just curious, what's the idea behind having this series be Sapphire or lower rankings?

Me and Ace talked about this a while back. The theory is for Friday races to be like AAA Baseball, lower ranked racers to have a place to race and gain experience against racer's not to high above their rankings and the 2nd level drivers to get some good finishes. Saturday's event will be more considered MLB, where most of the diamond driver will race in the more competitive series the IRS puts on.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll be sure to keep up the major league quality of series for Saturday nights 👍

GTP ID: FD3SSpiritR
PSN ID: FD3SSpiritR
Car Number: 22
Team Name: SAS Racing
Primary Sponsor: CalSpeed Karting

@FD3SSpiritR sorry to inform you, but your registration is denied for this series due to your Diamond ranking in IRS, only Sapphire or lower rankings are allowed to enter this series.

Please everyone, consult the IRS Driver Rankings Spreadsheet in the IRS Main Hub Thread before you register for this series, it really pains me to tell people they can't enter. A quick link can be found in the Registration Spoiler right under the sign up sheet.

I’m going to withdraw from this series, not a fan of limiting who races and if you want it to be amongst the mid-pack guys I’m probably too fast to be here anyway. My Saturday nights are getting busy with racing so Friday nights as well are probably stretching my girlfriends patience too far.

I’m going to withdraw from this series, not a fan of limiting who races and if you want it to be amongst the mid-pack guys I’m probably too fast to be here anyway. My Saturday nights are getting busy with racing so Friday nights as well are probably stretching my girlfriends patience too far.
Well it is stated in the OP that its an intermediate racing level league. It might not seem right, but I understand it. It seems like the same half dozen people win every race. This series gives others a chance to shine.

Hey everyone,

Made the decision to move the start date of the series to after the Vertex GT Sprint Series, so the new date for Round 1 will be Friday, March 13th, 2020. Sign ups have also been put on hold for now due to restructure of the series format, more info will come middle of next week with the original post updated.

Look forward to kicking things off in early March.

Back