IRS MX-5 Cup - Series finished. Thanks to all who participated

I am interested in this as well, I am a little confused though as you guys say it is run on Fridays but the dates don't correspond to a Friday's date.

Also do I need to sign up anywhere.

I am interested in this as well, I am a little confused though as you guys say it is run on Fridays but the dates don't correspond to a Friday's date.

Also do I need to sign up anywhere.

You were correct about the dates so I went ahead and fixed that in the OP. Thank you. You are signed up simply by posting here.

We just ask that you review the car build requirements, livery requirements, and rules of the series in the OP. Also, send the participants you see listed a FR because the lobbies we set up for this event are "friends only". Hope to see you on track soon!

Let's make it official. I'd like to sign up full time in this series. I'll take number 92 please. My livery is complete and i have all the required decals per the livery rules.

I will try to make it tonight. I actually got some testing in which was good because my tune hit the rev limiter by myself on track so draft would’ve been worse. Tried a few things, none worked great but I settled on a trans tune that is ok and should be safe I hope and not hit the limiter in the race.

Yup, we are on for tonight. Be sure to confirm that we are friends on PSN as I will be hosting tonight and it will be a friends only lobby.

Also, remember to take into account:

Tire Wear = 3x
Fuel Consumption = 2x

See you guys tonight!

Thanks @Whitey093, that was a lot of fun. I generally prefer road racing but ovals can be a lot of fun. I am now of the thinking that GT Sport should add more ovals because that was a lot of fun.

I'll post up a video later of the last few laps. Thanks for the super clean racing.

I will not be able to make it tomorrow night. We are at the hospital now getting ready to welcome our second child to the family. I hope you all have a great race! I’ll be back next week (I hope).
Congratulations and best wishes!!

Happy times!!

Well as per our discussion at the start of the season, I will be hosting this evening (every other week). I'm pretty sure I have everyone on my Friend's List, if not be sure to shoot me a friend request.

The Indy Lights series is off this week. This is the perfect opportunity to make up for the Kyoto MX-5 race.

Come out and support this support series.(See what I did there?)

These cars are super fun to drive. They are not super powerful so all skill levels will enjoy the drive.

If you're new to the series just read OP and express your interest here.

C'mon guys. These cars really are a hoot.

See you guys on track!

Race day is tomorrow guys. Keep this series on your radar. The car is phenomenal to drive and I have liveries for anyone that needs one. Just send me a PM and I'll do my best to whip up something that looks good.

Number 51 please. I'm going to try and make it tomorrow night for my first race in this series.
Also, can you expand on the livery requirements please, rims, required decals, etc? It doesnt give much info in the spoiler

The livery requirements are very basic. The items you can see in the "Livery Template" spoiler are all that is required.

Most of those decals are built into the Livery Editor. The IRS logos are available in aceboy's gallery.

If you look in my gallery of liveries I have several for this car that I can modify for this series.

Don't worry if you can't get the Livery finalized by tomorrow. It's a short window of time so no worries.

Again, I have liveries and I can create more. It's what I do in GT Sport when not driving.

So tonight is Yamagiwa? I get out at 9pm but live 10 minutes from work. I'll try to get out a little early and keep a chat open with CleanRacer through PSN Messages on my phone as to when I'm leaving and when I get home. I don't care if I qualify, but the actual race doesn't start until 9:30 right? I don't want to rush if I don't have to.

Also, I used a curved Mazda logo for the rear quarter panel because it looks better. Hope that's okay. Like our 86 Racing Series there are template positions but it's not an exact replica. Sometime the default size of a decal doesn't work with the area you're using and then we can't have everyone's look identical.

I thought we race Broad Bean ovalish forward tonight. I also got Club Tijuana to sponsor a rather dynamic Xoloitzcuintles De Caliente livery for the event. Go Xolos!
What do you fellas want to do?
BB raceway - forward OR Kyoto - Yamagiwa.

I am interested (sorry I know it's late notice)
You are welcomed to join us. Most importantly, send me an FR. the lobby will be "friends only".
Also, make sure you have the car adjusted to the correct settings.
175 hp
2116 lbs

Tuning is allowed - so tune to your driving style.
RH tires only
You should also look at the OP to get started on livery. At least get it started and post up the race number you want to use.

You are welcomed to join us. Most importantly, send me an FR. the lobby will be "friends only".
Also, make sure you have the car adjusted to the correct settings.
175 hp
2116 lbs

Tuning is allowed - so tune to your driving style.
RH tires only
You should also look at the OP to get started on livery. At least get it started and post up the race number you want to use.
I went ahead and found all the decals I will put them on the car tonight before joining the lobby. Race #97. And is there a set color I need to run?

Back