IRS | Renault Sport Trophy | Am Drivers Wanted! | Saturdays 8:30p EST | November 16: Round 6: Spa

When should we race at Spa?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry it's a little crude, but here are the team points:

Pos...Points.....Team Name
1 ----- 72 ----- Top Performance Motorsports Pro Division
2 ----- 66 ----- Clockwork Motorsport
3 ----- 60 ----- White Lightning Motorsports
4 ----- 50 ----- Top Performance Motorsports Am Division
5 ----- 32 ----- LANAsati Racing
6 ----- 27 ----- DW Sim Sports
7 ----- 22 ----- Checkered Flag Motorsports
8 ----- 15 ----- Howard's Performance Specialties
9 ----- 14 ----- Black Rose Racing

Great stuff tonight! The Am field got spread out right away but @Eva came back a bit and I had to stay on my best behavior to stay in the lead. From the sounds of the chat there was a lot going on in Pro tonight!

Same for me with the setup. I'm at a good place with it now and only adjust downforce if we have a long straight. In practice I tested lowest downforce all around, highest all around, highest front and lowest rear. The top speed difference between low and high downforce was around 5 mph so I opted for a middle ground on the rear so it didn't lower the top speed too much and wasn't so low that it was too unstable.

Le Mans will of course be a low rear downforce track and just do your best to handle the car in the twisty bits. Can't afford to lose any top speed there. Should be a lot of fun with the Mulsanne straight pulling people back together

Driver and Team Points have been updated. Lots of changes for positions every week. Find your rival and make sure to beat them on track!

There's a three way tie for 3rd place in the Am Division!

Last edited:
  • Pro and Am Divisions will have separate point standings. We are utilizing the real world points system because it goes to 10 drivers and it is unlikely that we will get more than that in a single division each week. If we do, everyone after 10th place receives 10th place points.
  • 1st: 20 points
  • 2nd: 18 points
  • 3rd: 15 points
  • 4th: 12 points
  • 5th: 10 points
  • 6th: 8 points
  • 7th: 6 points
  • 8th: 4 points
  • 9th: 2 points
  • 10th: 1 point

Not a big deal more curious than not are there drop weeks

I know it was brought up Saturday, but just so we're clear. From the OP.
"Vehicles are to maintain 62mph/100kph and a safe distance to the vehicle in front."

I believe we went a bit faster due to the track being so long. Speaking of...

Le Mans is a special situation for the formation lap and we will be adopting the IRS 2.4H Le Mans procedure:
  • The race will begin under a formation lap with a maximum speed of 120mph (193kph) up until the Porsche Curves (Virage Porsche). The field must remain single file before the Ford Chicanes (Virage Ford), with adequate space given to cars in front and behind to avoid any incidents.
  • Once the field reaches the Porsche Curves, the field must slow the pace speed down to a steady 62mph (100kph). The overall leader will pick their preferred start side when coming out of the Ford Chicanes, with the rest of the field doubling up accordingly.
  • Start zone will be from the secondary start/finish line to the gantry right after it. The race starts as soon as the leader accelerates from anywhere within the start zone.

I know one thing at a time and all but had you(DP) an opportunity to establish the details pertaining to the daytime conditions at the end of the season?

Last edited:
Team Name: TBD
PSN ID: Drummmer1979
Car Number:
Primary Sponsor:
TAMA
Expected Division (if you've never raced an IRS series before): AM
Thanks for signing up! We should have some more competition in the Am category now đź‘Ť

All you need really is to maintain a decent pace and not screw up. The front runners can lap much faster but don't worry about their times.

Team Name: TBD
PSN ID: Drummmer1979
Car Number:
Primary Sponsor:
TAMA
Expected Division (if you've never raced an IRS series before): AM
Welcome Drummer, good to see a familiar face from ARL. đź‘Ť

Welcome Drummer, good to see a familiar face from ARL. đź‘Ť
Nice to be amongst familiar faces, since ARL pushed their Saturday league nights back an hour, might even be ambitious enough to run both on Saturdays?

Back