IRS | Toyota 86 Racing Series | Mondays 9p EST | BIG FINALE TONIGHT: Dragon Trail - Seaside II

No worries man, just better for us to catch up in points :lol:

While there are rules to govern what happens when you end a night early, I don't have precedent for starting the night late. I think it's fair to start you at the back for Race 2 and you don't get anything for Race 1? Normally when someone leaves early they get last place points for the remaining race(s) but should you get that for the start?

I'm good with whatever u decide I will try my hardest to get home in time but it is what it is I'm fine with 0 points for the first race but as far as starting in back I think it would go by ur rules of lowest points starting in front so I mean if u go by that then I would start toward the front seeing as how there is no way I will have as many points giving up 4 races

That is for Race 1 only. Race 2 is reverse grid of Race 1. So if you're not there for Race 1 do you deserve to be on pole for Race 2?
Do I deserve to be at the back for circumstances out of my control lol it doesn't matter but technically I would of finished last in race one sooooooooo I would be on pole in race 2 in the loophole to the rules

lol Not a loophole just unprecedented. I don't think you should be rewarded with pole for missing Race 1. Of course missing a race is out of your control and that's unfortunate. I would do the same for any driver, it's not just because you're fast.

Edit: I just talked it over with the other IRS League Organizers and they said you should start last for Race 2. You'll be fine, probably get up to the mid-pack after a lap or two.

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone, I just wanted to bring something up that is new for most people and that is the caution procedures. i copied and pasted this from one of the original posts. Please take a minute and read through it. This will greatly impact racing to come the reason for two laps is because of damage and having to pit.

@DesertPenguin should make everyone aware of the restart area when that time comes.

Cautions and Restarts can be called only if incidents involving at least three cars occurs at the following situations:
If during the race start up until the first two corners, a Race Restart can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out R to signal a race restart.
If at any point in the race besides the race start and the final lap, a Caution Period can be called. All cars involved must type Cin the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out C to signal the start of the caution.
Race Restarts can only be done up to two times every race. Any race start incidents during the second restart will only result in a Caution Period.
Caution Periods will last only two laps, the current lap followed by one full caution lap.
Pace speed under caution is 80mph/130kph. Cars are expected to drive single-file, giving adequate space to the cars ahead until close to the restart.
Restarts from caution are single file, and race leader can accelerate back to racing speed at anytime in the designated restart zone.

Good Morning everyone, I just wanted to bring something up that is new for most people and that is the caution procedures. i copied and pasted this from one of the original posts. Please take a minute and read through it. This will greatly impact racing to come the reason for two laps is because of damage and having to pit.

@DesertPenguin should make everyone aware of the restart area when that time comes.

Cautions and Restarts can be called only if incidents involving at least three cars occurs at the following situations:
If during the race start up until the first two corners, a Race Restart can be called. All cars involved must type C in the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out R to signal a race restart.
If at any point in the race besides the race start and the final lap, a Caution Period can be called. All cars involved must type Cin the in-game chat, at which point the race director will type out C to signal the start of the caution.
Race Restarts can only be done up to two times every race. Any race start incidents during the second restart will only result in a Caution Period.
Caution Periods will last only two laps, the current lap followed by one full caution lap.
Pace speed under caution is 80mph/130kph. Cars are expected to drive single-file, giving adequate space to the cars ahead until close to the restart.
Restarts from caution are single file, and race leader can accelerate back to racing speed at anytime in the designated restart zone.
I like this @Herimopp89, thank you for sharing. I hope it gets implemented.

It's a great idea to have something like this, but it really only works if everyone is aware of it and act accordingly. In my entire time racing with the IRS we haven't had to use a caution once. Let's try to keep it that way 👍

Barcelona we did
The Superbugs right? I wasn't there for that so I didn't experience it.

I asked the other IRS league organizers if they agree with the restart zone that I stated and if they think otherwise I will post it in here. We got really lucky with this car and the caution speed being 80mph. It's right at the edge of 3rd gear so I figure most people will be in 4th when we restart. With only so much power and being single-file the restarts should be really smooth.

Series Announcement

The restart zone for Suzuka Circuit - East Course will be from the start of Pit Lane Entry to the second Suzuka Circuit overhang. This should give everyone enough time to bunch back up with the leader before going green.

You can change mid-season so there's no rush

From the Livery Guidelines:

Drivers are allowed to use different race liveries throughout the season, however drivers are only restricted to one livery per race weekend. Race officials must also be informed before the day of the race when drivers intend to use different race liveries. Abrupt livery switches will not be permitted.

From the Livery Guidelines:

Drivers are allowed to use different race liveries throughout the season, however drivers are only restricted to one livery per race weekend. Race officials must also be informed before the day of the race when drivers intend to use different race liveries. Abrupt livery switches will not be permitted.

If I do change it will be before start of season

The Superbugs right? I wasn't there for that so I didn't experience it.

I asked the other IRS league organizers if they agree with the restart zone that I stated and if they think otherwise I will post it in here. We got really lucky with this car and the caution speed being 80mph. It's right at the edge of 3rd gear so I figure most people will be in 4th when we restart. With only so much power and being single-file the restarts should be really smooth.
Yea at Barcelona we had a couple restarts and a caution or two it was rough
Yeah Barcelona was pretty bad, in fact here's the start of the madness.

Alternate Death Wish Coffee Racing Team livery with IRS decals

F0B4BE3E-2186-4586-AAF4-96AD8E83C8CF.jpeg

Back